Gorgeous on 'The Back Page'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Mole - RLW

Rose In The Eye Of A Storm

Premiers Melbourne - the club with happy knack of breathing new life into front rowers - may throw Manly cult hero George Rose a lifeline for 2014. The Storm are keeping a close eye on Rose, who has been told Manly are unlikely to have any room for him in the salary cap. Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy has a proven record with 'no frills' front-rowers, getting great mileage out of the likes of Jason Ryles, Bryan Norrie, Jaiman Lowe, Ben Cross and Adam Woolnough in recent seasons.
Rose, 30, has plenty of experience, and just needs to drop a few kilos to be a genuine weapon in the NRL - a fact Bellamy clearly recognises.

bones said:
The Mole - RLW

Rose In The Eye Of A Storm

Premiers Melbourne - the club with happy knack of breathing new life into front rowers - may throw Manly cult hero George Rose a lifeline for 2014. The Storm are keeping a close eye on Rose, who has been told Manly are unlikely to have any room for him in the salary cap. Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy has a proven record with 'no frills' front-rowers, getting great mileage out of the likes of Jason Ryles, Bryan Norrie, Jaiman Lowe, Ben Cross and Adam Woolnough in recent seasons.
Rose, 30, has plenty of experience, and just needs to drop a few kilos to be a genuine weapon in the NRL - a fact Bellamy clearly recognises.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!

KaZa said:
He will be 31 next year. He hasnt had the greatest season.. lots of mistakes (probably trying too hard) and gets minimal minutes even when he does come on.

I dont think Toovey rates him.

I think you may be right.
When he was asked something about his physique, he replied along the lines that Des and Donny told him that it was what he did on the field that mattered not what he looked like or weighed.
I thought at the time that he didn't mention Tooves in that same answer.

Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed. Rose has been great for the club both on and off the field. Best of luck with your endeavours Georgie, and for the love of God, ANYWHERE but The Bulldogs or Storm.

Georgie is a hero to me and I suspect many other ... well ... similarly proportioned males the plus side of 30.

He is also a hero for the way he came back from that sickening injury, the way represents the club to the indigenous community, for being a character on and off the field and his strong performances since coming back into first grade.

Both likeable and genuinely funny in his media appearances, he with David Williams gives the club more personality than many other NRL outfits.

I remember Georgie trailing the main group walking around the ground accepting the accolades after the '11 gf. It was as if he was a one-man party and the crowd didn't want to let him go.

On that game we would probably remember him differently if the forearm that gave the Warriors their first points had done more damage. It could have been a send-off ... but when you are gorgeous you deserve a bit of luck.

Give him my love Brookie

Terence Zarsoff said:
Today's SMH has an article (again) linking him with the Drizzle, on a one year deal, for next season.

Ah the old Zarsoff Brothers. Bluey Zarsoff, Rudy Zarsoff, Terry Zarsoff and Izzy For real. Brings back fond memories of seeing them at the Diggers!

Arko-admirer said:
Both likeable and genuinely funny in his media appearances, he with David Williams gives the club more personality than many other NRL outfits.

And the stupid archaic NRL salary cap completely ignores this component of a player's value to a club and the code.

There should be an allowed extra $ value for marketing & goodwill a player brings.

Instead the cap is 100% based on what the player does on the field.

What they do in marketing, school & hospital visits, getting kids to play the game, or just being great with building the club support counts for nothing.

Benji, Foz & DCE do the season launch & get nothing extra. Snake does a NRL launch commercial, gets no extra $ & gets punished harder.

So the game loses Benji and Lote & probably SBW, and clubs like Manly lose men that are in the here and now the heart and soul of the club such as George and maybe Wolfie.

The NRL is seriously stuck in the 1960s when it comes to marketing and growing the game in the 21st century.

Brissie Kid said:
Arko-admirer said:

And the stupid archaic NRL salary cap completely ignores this component of a player's value to a club and the code.

There should be an allowed extra $ value for marketing & goodwill a player brings.

Instead the cap is 100% based on what the player does on the field.

What they do in marketing, school & hospital visits, getting kids to play the game, or just being great with building the club support counts for nothing.

Benji, Foz & DCE do the season launch & get nothing extra. Snake does a NRL launch commercial, gets no extra $ & gets punished harder.

So the game loses Benji and Lote & probably SBW, and clubs like Manly lose men that are in the here and now the heart and soul of the club such as George and maybe Wolfie.

The NRL is seriously stuck in the 1960s when it comes to marketing and growing the game in the 21st century.

To be fair how would you police that? It would be open to cheating

if we did offer him a contract that was too low then the scum would have to offer a fair bit more to make it worthwhile relocating down to Melb. I wouldn't think they had too much cap to play with. Maybe we just didn't offer him a new contract. Sad if he goes to the scum but don't understand them expecting him to lose weight etc. If he wanted to he would have done so with us, I thought he knew during off season that is what we expected of him to get a contract renewal.
On a positive the scum need some personalities to try and grow the game in Melb as they seem to have done very little of that to date

And the scum don't have any personalities. Cam Smith....god is anyone more boring? Cooper Cronk (I actually quite like) but talking about Zen etc isn't really capturing the publics imagination. Slater? Perhaps around Melbourne Cup time.

So good point Miss Kate, Gorgeous would certainly get out there and create a buzz. Just little things, I mean for those at Brookie on Sunday, his little plays to the crowd....gold!! That's why we love you Georgie.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9