Gorgeous on 'The Back Page'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was thinking the other day (I was due!) about wolfie's possibly downgraded contract and George being let go and it would have to be so sad, shocking, and stress inducing for players who really love the club.

George, who may not sport the stereotypical shape that other teams look for must be gutted (no pun intended).

Wolfie, who has had a pretty good season (despite his running in off the wing and diving for the line with his toes pointing towards the line...cue HM and KE) would also be just really upset to have to leave Manly.

Obviously there's the earning factor as well. In the end, probably the biggest factor! Family, mortgages, etc.

I would hope that their managers put in an extraordinary amount of effort finding third party contracts to help their cause. At least as much effort as a lot of managers put into the threats of leaving to union, other clubs, etc when it's contract renewal time for players in their prime.

However, I'm not sure George figures in tooveys plan so whether 3rd party payments would help or not I dunno.

Also, did I miss something? Seems to be some hyperbolic reactions to a comment. Lets all be nice Manly faithful! Certainly not the first food joke on here.

Finally, I really hope something can be sorted for the two of them. It must be a terrible thing to go through.

Sorry but i'm going to interject

Wolfman never was worth his current contract's price as when re-signed he was a Kangaroo and a Blue,both of which he should probably have never been

Personally i think he's great for the club on and off the field but he never really was worth all the money we gave him

The realities of the mess that the Son of Sam left with back ended contracts, is that Manly had to take the hard line in re-signing this year. :(

SkySports reported that even Parra will be paying most of Chase Blairs' contract when he comes to us.

So this restructure will hopefully have Perry in control of committed costs.

Love Gorgeous and any Club that needs a Cult Hero (Tigers, Raiders etc) should jump at a chance to sign him up.:idea:

There are plenty of young forwards coming through at Manly, on base wage, they are the long term future of our Club.

I don't understand why Manly are not promoting Sunday as a Triple Treatt - Kitey, Nood and Gorgeous send off day :huh:

HappilyManly said:
I don't understand why Manly are not promoting Sunday as a Triple Treatt - Kitey, Nood and Gorgeous send off day :huh:
HM reading between the lines... George said he was moving on but wasn't sure where he'd be, which made me suspect Manly has made him an offer ... but a very very small one, and he has decided to take up a better offer elsewhere. :huh:

Given that nothing has been signed, if he does have an offer from Manly that might explain why Manly are not yet saying it's his farewell from Brookie also? :idea:

(Maybe he is hoping a public outcry from fans will lead to an increased offer!) :D

HappilyManly said:

I just got an email saying just that.

Farewell to kite, roso, and galuvao.

So happy emoticon's all round!

:):):):):):)

CAMBO said:
ManlyArmy said:
Hopefully he can land an advertising role with Mrs Macs.

Hey moron.
Why don't you go try and organise some more phantom marches you douche.
Have some respect to a bloke who has always given his best for our club. You disrespectful toad.

Hey @Cambo there is zero need to call people names like moron, douche and toad. How about you learn some respect!

Anyway, As much as i like George he is 31 years old next year and clearly not going to get any better. Dunamis Lui and Josh Starling are both 23 and probably have lots of improvement in them.

Young fresh bench playing front rowers are the sort you morph into starting cornerstone front rowers.

Stevo said:
CAMBO said:
ManlyArmy said:
Hopefully he can land an advertising role with Mrs Macs.

Hey moron.
Why don't you go try and organise some more phantom marches you douche.
Have some respect to a bloke who has always given his best for our club. You disrespectful toad.

Hey @Cambo there is zero need to call people names like moron, douche and toad. How about you learn some respect!

Anyway, As much as i like George he is 31 years old next year and clearly not going to get any better. Dunamis Lui and Josh Starling are both 23 and probably have lots of improvement in them.

Young fresh bench playing front rowers are the sort you morph into starting cornerstone front rowers.

@stevo fair point mate.
Just get a bit angry with the constant taunts rose cops on here and social media

George is your typical old fashioned club man. Not the side stepping speedy proto type of footballers today but he and Joe and Kitey are the reason Manly is the club it is , these guys are mates for life like family and a lot of clubs in the NRL just cannot find that magic. Well done George and thank you for the smiles you brought to a lot of Manly fans.

globaleagle said:
HappilyManly said:

Is it the 'Inside Swoop' email that the mere proletariat get on Fridays ?

It should be a great afternoon/evening at the Club :)

I'll miss George a great clubman.

I was there when he broke his leg against Melbourne in 2007.

Thank you for the memories George. Well done and hope you get another contract.

I wonder if you can get a run with Saint George? You could see the halo for miles around.;)

So lets send George, Kitey etc out with another premiership.

GO MANLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

cherry_poppins said:

Wolfman never was worth his current contract's price as when re-signed he was a Kangaroo and a Blue,both of which he should probably have never been

Personally i think he's great for the club on and off the field but he never really was worth all the money we gave him

So a Player who has a higher try scoring rate at Brookie than even Snake is a waste of monies:mad:
Wolfie also has one of the highest strike rates in the NRL - 69% in 2013:exclamation:
Best Strike Rate Current Players - 2012
1. Brett Stewart: 115 tries from 143 games = 0.80
2. Akuila Uate: 54 tries from 72 games = 0.75
3. Ben Barba: 43 tries from 58 games = 0.74
4. Brett Morris: 77 tries from 112 games = 0.69
=5. Nathan Merritt: 123 tries from 181 games = 0.68
=5. Manu Vatuvei: 93 tries from 137 games = 0.68
=7. Billy Slater: 133 tries from 208 games = 0.64
=7. Timana Tahu: 110 tries from 171 games = 0.64
=7. David Williams: 35 tries from 55 games = 0.64
=10. Shaun Kenny-Dowall: 68 tries from 108 games: 0.63
=10. Matt King: 60 tries from 96 games = 0.63

More importantly, Manly has never lost a game that Wolfie has scored a try in:angel:

Wolfie has scored tries at every level of the game, a feat not matched by many.

His ascendance as a 21 year old Parra reject, to Manly GF try scorer and Premiership Winner in 2008 qualified him for all the representative honours.

250k per anum is average for a regular first grader and not overs for wingers/centers in the NRL.
Manly had him at 55k for the first two years, so Wolfie has not wasted much of our Salary Cap.

To take a 100k paycut to stay at Manly is a huge ask :(
Hopefully some Third Party Deals can augment Manly's offer.

But which club would want to spend a lot of cap on a winger?
Having said that, his form has been sensational. He gets criticised for coming off his wing (GE!) but I'd be surprised if those issues are not related to what the inside men are doing. He isn't a dumb player and I'm sure he's largely playing to instructions when it comes to defensive positioning? Not that I'd know, just my guess.

Every team needs good finishers. The athleticism that wingers show these days in scoring is awesome, and the way they give the forwards a rest in kick returns (well...the good wingers) is very valuable. I think they're worth every dollar they are paid.

HappilyManly said:
globaleagle said:
HappilyManly said:

Is it the 'Inside Swoop' email that the mere proletariat get on Fridays ?

It should be a great afternoon/evening at the Club :)

oh no, it's much more exclusive than that spam filled rubbish!

It's "game on" - the email!

:( to lose 3 awesome players and blokes. Hope they have successful futures. Says a lot about Manly that players stay around so long, no one really wants to leave and fans hate it when they do.
Must retain the Wolfman. Can you imagine him scoring a try against
us? Playing for storm?
I'll borrow some words from our coach, 'Come on...That's ridiculous!'
Protect our wildlife. Save the Wolfman.

HappilyManly said:
cherry_poppins said:

So a Player who has a higher try scoring rate at Brookie than even Snake is a waste of monies:mad:
Wolfie also has one of the highest strike rates in the NRL - 69% in 2013:exclamation:
Best Strike Rate Current Players - 2012
1. Brett Stewart: 115 tries from 143 games = 0.80
2. Akuila Uate: 54 tries from 72 games = 0.75
3. Ben Barba: 43 tries from 58 games = 0.74
4. Brett Morris: 77 tries from 112 games = 0.69
=5. Nathan Merritt: 123 tries from 181 games = 0.68
=5. Manu Vatuvei: 93 tries from 137 games = 0.68
=7. Billy Slater: 133 tries from 208 games = 0.64
=7. Timana Tahu: 110 tries from 171 games = 0.64
=7. David Williams: 35 tries from 55 games = 0.64
=10. Shaun Kenny-Dowall: 68 tries from 108 games: 0.63
=10. Matt King: 60 tries from 96 games = 0.63

More importantly, Manly has never lost a game that Wolfie has scored a try in:angel:

Wolfie has scored tries at every level of the game, a feat not matched by many.

His ascendance as a 21 year old Parra reject, to Manly GF try scorer and Premiership Winner in 2008 qualified him for all the representative honours.

250k per anum is average for a regular first grader and not overs for wingers/centers in the NRL.
Manly had him at 55k for the first two years, so Wolfie has not wasted much of our Salary Cap.

To take a 100k paycut to stay at Manly is a huge ask :(
Hopefully some Third Party Deals can augment Manly's offer.
I agree wholeheartedly, and his record has improved since then. He now has 62 tries from 88 games. Keep the wolf!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2