Gordon Chan Kum Tong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My tip , zero inside knowledge, absolute conjecture.

The 🐸 is injured and won’t play.

Gordie with his exemption will be player #643

Announced one hour before play.
I have no reason to believe Croker is out other than wondering why he didn’t play 1 minute of the trial games.Understandable why DCE and TomT didn’t get a run but why Croker?I suppose if he was injured,someone with an eagle eye would of spotted his absence at training but it all seems a bit weird

I have no reason to believe Croker is out other than wondering why he didn’t play 1 minute of the trial games.Understandable why DCE and TomT didn’t get a run but why Croker?I suppose if he was injured,someone with an eagle eye would of spotted his absence at training but it all seems a bit weird
My guess - he's a reserve just in case Croker hurts himself during warm-up.
Otherwise no late change. Sipley as 18th man will be HIA reserve and Gordie will just soak up the atmosphere. By next round Lawton shoulkd be available as cover for Croker.

He better at least play Blacktown. We need miles in his legs.

Not make the mistakes we made with Burbo

I had a dream earlier this week that Croker had a shocker for the Eagles this week.

I think everyone needs to pump the brakes on Gordie as bit. He will be there this year and was solid in the trials and we are that desperate for a hooker because we let API go and do wonderful things (in a much better team, let's not forget) and because we banked on the best young hooker I've seen come through until Harry grant who then threw it all away and we got stuffed with an NRL decision to play hardball on player indiscretion, covid, the fact he had three good younger brothers...man hooker hasn't been our spot (since someone never let buhrer concentrate on playing there). Not to mention froggies a good bloke great defender and puts in he's just not a natural nine, and someone taught API to stop throwing rainbows once he left manly.

I wish I was as sold on this bloke being the messiah ... as many on here are ...

Looks like a fantastic bloke, a good leader, a skilful dummy half that plays well above his weight, and a good prospect ...

But the raves for a bloke that hasn't played a first grade game yet are highly expectant ...

I hope y'all are correct and that my doubts are unfounded ...

Last edited:
I wish I was as sold on this bloke being the messiah ... as many on here are ...

Looks like a fantastic bloke, a good leader, a skilful dummy half that plays well above his weight, and a good prospect ...

But the raves for a bloke that hasn't played a first grade game yet are highly expectant ...

I hope y'all are correct and that my doubts unfounded ...
Interesting that the poster "Snake" wasn't as high on him last year as everyone else was. And he seemed to have watched him for a long time.

I hope y'all are correct and that my doubts unfounded ...
Bit hypocritical when you apply those thoughts to your comments regarding fifita who also hasnt played a game of first grade

Interesting that the poster "Snake" wasn't as high on him last year as everyone else was. And he seemed to have watched him for a long time.

I'm hoping I'm just a grumpy old tnuc ... hope he lives up to everybody's expectations ..

Not so concerned with attack ... more middle defence ... at his size even making the tackle could see him carried backwards for 5 meters ... the last bloke his size to succeed was Geoff Toovey .... so he will have to be at least as good a tackler as one of the best ever ... and even then, Toovey was tackling forwards 10kg's lighter on average and half as fit ...

Bit hypocritical when you apply those thoughts to your comments regarding fifita who also hasnt played a game of first grade

[..] what I said about Fifita was that I was looking forward to seeing him play ... and that I thought he was 1st grade standard ...

And look up the meaning of big words like hypocritical before you use them wrongly ..

There is nothing hypocritical about thinking one player has the goods ... and doubting whether another has .

Went to one of the trial games and my only concern was he conceded a lot of post contact metres e.g. got dragged a long almost every tackle. I really, really want him to succeed but for me the jury is out.

Went to one of the trial games and my only concern was he conceded a lot of post contact metres e.g. got dragged a long almost every tackle. I really, really want him to succeed but for me the jury is out.
I think he should start off the bench like Faniu did in his career.

Crockers front on defence is very good, its just that when the forwards tire he doesn't posses the attacking smarts to make the most of this or when Manly get on the front foot or after a half break.

This is where young Gordie would shine. Brought on after 25-30 mins.

Im sure his defence would only get better with time but agree, this is probably his biggest downfall.

He definitely has a better feel for the game and footy smarts then crocker. A good talker on the field too, really revs up the forwards and directs traffic. He was the captain of the lower grades and won the players player award. Has a good repuall with the players

Crockers front on defence is very good, its just that when the forwards tire he doesn't posses the attacking smarts to make the most of this or when Manly get on the front foot or after a half break.

Im sure his defence would only get better with time but agree, this is probably his biggest downfall.

He definitely has a better feel for the game and footy smarts then crocker. A good talker on the field too, really revs up the forwards and directs traffic. He was the captain of the lower grades and won the players player award. Has a good repuall with the players
Exactly froggy and gordo would be an excellent one two punch at 9

Agreed. Understand the concern here around his defence but I think not founded. He is only 21 and will definitely pack on the weight as he gets older. Not much smaller than the Cheese and I would have said same size as Reid Mahoney. If you could compare their heart size he's probably the biggest. He will go extremely well and especially in conjunction with the Croke. Potentially the best spine pairing in the league!!

Agreed. Understand the concern here around his defence but I think not founded. He is only 21 and will definitely pack on the weight as he gets older. Not much smaller than the Cheese and I would have said same size as Reid Mahoney. If you could compare their heart size he's probably the biggest. He will go extremely well and especially in conjunction with the Croke. Potentially the best spine pairing in the league!!
Being able to defend in the middle isn't all about size, with the right technique smaller players can thrive in the middle. Toovs never missed a beat when he moved to the middle because of his impeccable tackling technique.

Even if GCKT can defend in the middle at the lower grades the step up to first grade middle defence is something no one is ready for until they have experience.

He may have what it takes but he shouldn't be dropped in the deep end while we have Froggy. Let him dip his toe in this year and if he takes to it like a duck to water he might be our dominant hooker for years to come.

I had a dream earlier this week that Croker had a shocker for the Eagles this week.

I think everyone needs to pump the brakes on Gordie as bit. He will be there this year and was solid in the trials and we are that desperate for a hooker because we let API go and do wonderful things (in a much better team, let's not forget) and because we banked on the best young hooker I've seen come through until Harry grant who then threw it all away and we got stuffed with an NRL decision to play hardball on player indiscretion, covid, the fact he had three good younger brothers...man hooker hasn't been our spot (since someone never let buhrer concentrate on playing there). Not to mention froggies a good bloke great defender and puts in he's just not a natural nine, and someone taught API to stop throwing rainbows once he left manly.
Api was throwing plenty of rainbows in the tigers jersey on the weekend. It’s like he’s back at Manly.

Just in the 5 second clip of Gordon's try, I am convinced he would be 10x better as a hooker compared to Croker by the end of the year if he got a chance. I know this is reserve grade highlights, but just even in the fluiditiy in the movement and the turn in direction from Gordon, Froggy unfortunately would be too slow to ever to do that. We need to realise Gordon is the 9 we've been waiting for as our missing piece to this puzzle, after all the Fainu debacle we've had to endure over the last 3 years. Gordon is the saviour.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4