Gordon Chan Kum Tong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I might be missing something and I appreciate the reply Woodsie and (I want to get this right old timer so you appreciate my new age sincerity look into my eyes. Woodsie...Woodsie, it's Woodsie right, (I'm grabbing you on the shoulder now as I say this) I APPRECIATE YOU.)

But GKT CITY can't play this year barring a transfer, or was that cleared up? I thought that development players could play after origin with dispensation approved, sorry don't have time to go back through the past posts and as much as I love all the hate about teachers holidays you try taking a dump with twenty eight (I'd try and make a joke about class sizes here but Covids been our friend really) future (insert preferred term here) waiting for you to get back after a hurried squirt (not to mention they know where you've been and are merciless and despite the rest of you thinking we live like kings and are paid handsomely being told you literally can't take a **** because leaving your class is a sackable offence - we are not storming falujeh and only the very most redacted amongst us make that comparison) anyway we'll played Woodsie

Sorry for all the Parentheses.

Brackets for all the kids who skipped my English classes.

Can GKT PLEASE PLAY THIS YEAR.

I'm not sure whether to laugh ... or accept that this was a cry for help ... and ask if you're OK.

It must be understood, that I have difficulty pretending that I have any innate empathy or sympathy for English teachers .. (they waste a student's time when they would be better served studying Mathematics and Science) .. however as a fellow Silvertailian, I am here for you ..

Repeat after me ... ALL HAIL FROGGY ...

Froggy has done well but has been well and truly over burdened. Our performances will be boosted when he can interchange with GCKT. I am interested to see what style Froggy plays under Siebold who I don't expect will shackle him to a robotic passing role.

He's a whole hearted fearless player whose best position is possibly utility (IMO). He is not an instinctual dummy half in the mode of Api, Grant, Cook, Brailey, Chan Kum Tong & others. It will be interesting to see if his playing style changes under the new coaches.
To be fair GCKT was a no.7 right throughout his junior career was he not? So it's only the last while that he's been moulded into a hooker. Frogs moulding is happening in FG where the world can watch and discuss. GCKT has had the luxury of making his mistakes and errors behind closed doors somewhat.

Don't get me wrong I'm on GCKT getting into the 9 as soon as possible but both guys started in the same place just with different levels of scrutiny.

To be fair GCKT was a no.7 right throughout his junior career was he not? So it's only the last while that he's been moulded into a hooker. Frogs moulding is happening in FG where the world can watch and discuss. GCKT has had the luxury of making his mistakes and errors behind closed doors somewhat.

Don't get me wrong I'm on GCKT getting into the 9 as soon as possible but both guys started in the same place just with different levels of scrutiny.
I've only ever seen Gordie at hooker from Matts onwards.

Though could have play half at some stage, no idea

I've only ever seen Gordie at hooker from Matts onwards.

Though could have play half at some stage, no idea
you may be right... i read in 2 different places the other day that he was a 7 and swapped to 9???? perhaps he played 7 in under 8's......

Players that young are almost always brought into a team later in a season, precisely because it's too much to expect them to endure the sustained violence of a long NRL season, let alone hold their form for that length of time. Latu's development will be aided by being in the squad, don't you think? Not much different to other young stars such as Weekes and Schu who are held back until late in a season to make their debut.

I agree it would be better if we were the Chooks for example, and still be able to keep the top young talent extremely happy without promising a squad spot. Don't know how they do it really.
Agree i'm pretty sure Latu will get 3-5 games later in the year with the view of top 30 next year and possibly a full year from the bench.

To be fair GCKT was a no.7 right throughout his junior career was he not? So it's only the last while that he's been moulded into a hooker.
However, I think some players possess a natural aptitude for modern dummy half play. From memory, I think Toovey was an immediate success when he switched to dummy half. Des was adequate at dummy half, but not as good as Toovey. Croker is more in the Des mold and can play many positions (hooker, lock, halves & centre if necessary). For most of his career, Des would have had superior speed to Croker.

Many hookers have transitioned from the halves. I think Manase was a halfback 2-3 years before he captained our winning Holden Cup side. Cameron Smith was mainly a five eighth (first NRL game in that position?) before transitioning to hooker. Another example is Michael Monaghan. Ridge played five eighth on a few occasions. I used to think he could have been an excellent dummy half in the game manager mold of Cameron Smith.

By the way, in the 2018 winning Matthews side, Koula was 1, Weekes 7 & Chan 9.

Players in the 2017 Matthews GF side included Albert Hopoate 1, Burbo 4, Weekes 6, Tuitavake 10, Schuster 12 & Viliami Fifita 16.

I'm not sure whether to laugh ... or accept that this was a cry for help ... and ask if you're OK.

It must be understood, that I have difficulty pretending that I have any innate empathy or sympathy for English teachers .. (they waste a student's time when they would be better served studying Mathematics and Science) .. however as a fellow Silvertailian, I am here for you ..

I have taught science and having scouted around the classroom looking at the students and found those closest to the explosion I had (somewhat) willingly helped them create and done a quick mental scan of who their parents are (easy enough to do when you live on a remote island in the gulf) and found that they aren't of lineage to complain about ringing ears and singed pubescent arm hairs, I decided that I wasn't the adult in the room and to return to English teaching.

Not only does he look like a star in the making. I love the blokes name. Probably the best name we have ever had on our club.

My boy just finished grade 12. In adelaide english isnt compulsary in 12 however it restricts some uni admissions. He went to the australian science and maths school down here and saw english as a waste of his time. He and plenty of his friends did half year 12 and half uni So he simply had no room for english anyway. you can hear his eyes roll from 50m away when people tell him he needed another year of english

obviously he takes after his mum.

Agree i'm pretty sure Latu will get 3-5 games later in the year with the view of top 30 next year and possibly a full year from the bench.
Watched him (Crusty the clown) yesterday ,maybe he had a off day (It happens)
Apart from putting a team mate into a gap with a quick pass ,nothing else stood out whatsoever.
Very lacklustre from Latu.

My tip , zero inside knowledge, absolute conjecture.

The 🐸 is injured and won’t play.

Gordie with his exemption will be player #643

Announced one hour before play.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4