Gordon Chan Kum Tong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree with Croker’s shortcomings and certainly think his lack of natural instincts for the position are a problem, but when you factor in defence, he is the lesser of two evils, which is probably why he keeps getting picked.

It’s no good having Gordon’s eyes up footy and crisp service in the middle defence if it’s open season for the opposition. We’re having a hard enough time controlling the opposition as is, and Croker is a great defender in the middle. A young, unseasoned rookie is only going to exacerbate things further.
I think it's a great thing adding to an area we have shortcomings in attack, as there is zero momentum or platform to set up good field position and a Big reason we are camped on our line adding to the defensive pressure you mention.
As mentioned I'm not sure Tong is the answer and others on here seen defensive frailties I must have missed - thought he tackled well on the bigger Tigers forward ??,
1 thing I am sure of, is the current setup is not working and the critical 9 position to provide spark and good service is hindering momentum, field position and adding ultra pressure on the defence.

I think it's a great thing adding to an area we have shortcomings in attack, as there is zero momentum or platform to set up good field position and a Big reason we are camped on our line adding to the defensive pressure you mention.
As mentioned I'm not sure Tong is the answer and others on here seen defensive frailties I must have missed - thought he tackled well on the bigger Tigers forward ??,
1 thing I am sure of, is the current setup is not working and the critical 9 position to provide spark and good service is hindering momentum, field position and adding ultra pressure on the defence.
No doubt we have problems, I agree 100%. I just don't think a young 9 with no FG experience to speak of, is ready to keep that middle as tight as it needs to be. He might handle it for a couple of games, but the toll on his body would catch up with him pretty quickly and we'd have a different problem to the one we have now; defence instead of attack.

I know Gordon personally and he is a great kid with a fantastic attitude, but he was never earmarked to be special. He's just a promising young footballer who will no doubt keep progressing. I think Lawton is a better alternative if we must look elsewhere right now. Just my 2 cents worth...

No doubt we have problems, I agree 100%. I just don't think a young 9 with no FG experience to speak of, is ready to keep that middle as tight as it needs to be. He might handle it for a couple of games, but the toll on his body would catch up with him pretty quickly and we'd have a different problem to the one we have now; defence instead of attack.

I know Gordon personally and he is a great kid with a fantastic attitude, but he was never earmarked to be special. He's just a promising young footballer who will no doubt keep progressing. I think Lawton is a better alternative if we must look elsewhere right now. Just my 2 cents worth...
Fair enough Snake - I just feel "something" more is needed out of the 9....and even Lawton is a fair call, but also has not been too slick from dummy half.
Though I would love a bit more spring and zest through the middle and our bigger, slower forwards are having their lack of agility enhanced by such slow distribution.
Croker, the blokes a heart on legs....but after really wanting him to be enough at 9 to just "get it done"...I am having serious doubts as every big, physical game, this is a key area the rot is setting in...and from a different footy perspective, a heap of the defensive issues are being baked in the oven by lack of go forward and terrible field position, which does start here.
Maybe being a little over the Top with expectations of a rookie jumping in and automatically resurrecting a flagging middle....and I don't expect that, but I would prefer to fall short in 2022 having tried to improve positions that we predictably fall short on come finals....you just never know...
Also Snake, let Gordon know I was impressed with his performance in the trials and keep up the hard work on the training paddock and most importantly - keep away from the "Maxta" diet going forward !! @:)

Maybe being a little over the Top with expectations of a rookie jumping in and automatically resurrecting a flagging middle....and I don't expect that, but I would prefer to fall short in 2022 having tried to improve positions that we predictably fall short on come finals....you just never know...
I feel this way about a few positions in the team...if you look at last year, we improved when Des gave the likes of Haumole and Schu a run...albeit due to injury but it certainly turned our season around. I can totally understand this line of thinking.

I agree. Such an important position. We look so pedestrian without a decent 9 to start the attacking sets.

Cannot keep blaming forwards either, last weekend Paeska ran over a few blokes, half break got us in front foot and Crocker looked like a deer in headlights

he is a great kid with a fantastic attitude, but he was never earmarked to be special. He's just a promising young footballer who will no doubt keep progressing. I
They said the same about Cooper Cronk.

Move over Harry Grant

Gordon the new Gun Hooker is the New Sensation
remote.axd

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4