Gordon Chan Kum Tong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think it’s time we stopped talking about Gordie three names , clearly he’s not on the radar at all ( only on here ).

I doubt he’ll get a run in any game unless he’s the absolute last one standing.

Maybe he's a mirage Mark. A spectre only visible to those receptive.

I would really love to know what the club has been thinking about no9’s over the years

When Des was at the dogs did he not let Ennis go to play Leicha? I have the feeling that he did not have a clear view or value on the no9 which we are paying for now.

It is not as simple as saying he waiting Faniu as his last first grade game as in 2019
Ennis went on to win at the Sharks too. That was a bad mistake by Des.

I would really love to know what the club has been thinking about no9’s over the years

When Des was at the dogs did he not let Ennis go to play Leicha? I have the feeling that he did not have a clear view or value on the no9 which we are paying for now.

It is not as simple as saying he waiting Faniu as his last first grade game as in 2019
Didn't he let Cook go too? From dogs

I always felt that he had a pretty defined role for a 9 which seemed to not include running

When he went down to one hooker Matty Ballin never struck me as a running hooker (that was the stranger in 08). To be fair he did only get Manise but we have lacked a real 9 for a long long time
I seem to remember Michael Monaghan being the 9 for Manly for a while and he wasnt a natural 9, yet when Matty Ballin came in the next year that was when we won and the one in 2011.
It's not a slight on Monas but we've only won premierships when we had a true 9.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
I seem to remember Michael Monaghan being the 9 for Manly for a while and he wasnt a natural 9, yet when Matty Ballin came in the next year that was when we won and the one in 2011.
It's not a slight on Monas but we've only won premierships when we had a true 9.
Yeah, I recall, Delmege having to step in to keep Monaghan around 2006. Hasler obviously didn't rate him.

I think it’s time we stopped talking about Gordie three names , clearly he’s not on the radar at all ( only on here ).

I doubt he’ll get a run in any game unless he’s the absolute last one standing.
I think it's more situation of us fans wanting to rush young players before they are ready (I'm as guilty as any).

Gordie will get a run in time.

I think it's more situation of us fans wanting to rush young players before they are ready (I'm as guilty as any).

My thoughts exactly and maybe the coaching staff have an idea of where he is. Which is why he is not in the top 30 this year. A season in nsw cup will toughen him up for the road ahead.

My only fear is if Gordie gets poached by a team like the Eels or Roosters. They are really struggling with the 9 position and wont piss fart around to get a hooker who they think is more than capable to turn their fortunes around. Meanwhile we persist with an unnatural 9. I think the Eels would be looking for someone to fill Reed Mahoneys shoes, since Hodgson is getting on and is probably too slow.

My only fear is if Gordie gets poached by a team like the Eels or Roosters. They are really struggling with the 9 position and wont piss fart around to get a hooker who they think is more than capable to turn their fortunes around. Meanwhile we persist with an unnatural 9. I think the Eels would be looking for someone to fill Reed Mahoneys shoes, since Hodgson is getting on and is probably too slow.
He is signed up a couple of years.

Don't get me wrong I want to see him giving a run but I think we often just whip ourselves into a frenzy then we bemoan slow progress based on our own self made narrative.

We only see part of the picture, we dont see the daily grind of training, everyone behind the scences may be very accepting of where Gordie is at including Gordie himself 🤷‍♂️

Don't get me wrong I want to see him giving a run but I think we often just whip ourselves into a frenzy then we bemoan slow progress based on our own self made narrative.

We only see part of the picture, we dont see the daily grind of training, everyone behind the scences may be very accepting of where Gordie is at including Gordie himself 🤷‍♂️
I’m more concerned that 2 separate coaches seem to think Croker is a 9

Agree but we are all just looking for some hope somewhere!

Bub before Debut

Gordon.jpg

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8