Gordon Chan Kum Tong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think what some people underestimate about GKCT is his size, where they think his too small for 1st grade. I remember when I went to see Choc Watmough's play in his first year at Brookie and was thinking he was kind of small for a forward, but look how he went to prove many people wrong and he scored a brilliant try that day I was there. Sometimes its about the fight in the dog.

Manly can persist with there plodders and get ordinary results long term or they can blood young guys and get ordinary results short term but eventually be a better team But nothings a given but if you don’t take the risk you will never know

I think what some people underestimate about GKCT is his size, where they think his too small for 1st grade. I remember when I went to see Choc Watmough's play in his first year at Brookie and was thinking he was kind of small for a forward, but look how he went to prove many people wrong and he scored a brilliant try that day I was there. Sometimes its about the fight in the dog.
As I've stated before, can GKCT tackle, and needs to be often. Jake can't do it alone.

Hurts every time I see him play.

That it does @hozza
Sad Happy Hour GIF

Reenactment of myself watching the Sharks versus the Dragons recently. @:cry:@:cry:@:cry:

Of course , you are 120% correct.

But the Silvertails faithful seem to think they are instant miracle workers.

Which is my point.

And not at all anti the kids , but we need to be patient not throw them in , and then make them the whipping boys when they **** a few things up.

Agreed. Something about babies and bathwater comes to mind.

Also these 'kids' need to be given opportunities such as Weekes received. Wont learn unless they fall a couple of times. Each experience is a plus and helps develop their strengths and learn about their weaknesses. I dont feel at all disappointed by his first major showing and want him to receive more of such opportunities. He'll improve step by step as we all do...unless of course we dont learn from our mistakes. Weekes is a talented young player. We know that. He hasnt suddenly lost it. Likewise I think its time for Tong to be given his first taste with the big boys. May flounder first off but wont lose by it. Neither will Manly.

Just as an aside, I look at the Brumbies and a young player now in the Union test side called Wright. Week after week the SMH puts a list of the best players in each position in the Australian side of the comp. Wright is consistently there. Another youngster expected too much of and lost before he blossomed

Also these 'kids' need to be given opportunities such as Weekes received. Wont learn unless they fall a couple of times. Each experience is a plus and helps develop their strengths and learn about their weaknesses. I dont feel at all disappointed by his first major showing and want him to receive more of such opportunities. He'll improve step by step as we all do...unless of course we dont learn from our mistakes. Weekes is a talented young player. We know that. He hasnt suddenly lost it. Likewise I think its time for Tong to be given his first taste with the big boys. May flounder first off but wont lose by it. Neither will Manly.

Just as an aside, I look at the Brumbies and a young player now in the Union test side called Wright. Week after week the SMH puts a list of the best players in each position in the Australian side of the comp. Wright is consistently there. Another youngster expected too much of and lost before he blossomed
Sadly it’s not only the fans who demand instant success.

and

I remember watching Matai in his first season thinking he was nothing special and too light.

I remember watching Glen Stewart getting outmuscled in his first year.

Both turned into some of our all-time greats.

Give the kids a go and have some patience.

Always liked Tom Wright, and thought it strange we let such a gifted player slip through our fingers to Union.

Always liked Tom Wright, and thought it strange we let such a gifted player slip through our fingers to Union.
Maybe you didn't watch him in lower grades? He did cop some injuries but wasn't overly keen on contact nor was he much good at playmaking. A brilliant athlete and runner though.

Just could not find a spot for him at the time , maybe wing then Saab and Tui were or did come onto he scene . Wonder if he is still playing in the centres at the Brumbies , maybe could have been a centre proposition with koula now , But Fletcher - Myers and Weekes have no or not much less ability , a bit more league smarts so still would have had some issues making the i st grade line up

Just could not find a spot for him at the time , maybe wing then Saab and Tui were or did come onto he scene . Wonder if he is still playing in the centres at the Brumbies , maybe could have been a centre proposition with koula now , But Fletcher - Myers and Weekes have no or not much less ability , a bit more league smarts so still would have had some issues making the i st grade line up
Guess he never really suited the physicality of playing league week in week out, but jeez he could but on some slight of hand plays, even the cameraman didn't know where the ball was.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8