Google ranking of Silvertails

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rexx

Reserve Grader
What's happened to the Google ranking of Silvertails???

If I previously entered "Manly NRL" or "Silvertails" into google, this site appeared near the top. In the last couple of days the site seems to have dropped off the "Manly NRL" selection and to have dropped down the ranking of "Silvertails".

What the ...

Yeah its hard to work that out. But I think you can pay your host/google to bump you up the list.

I just checked where my site "byronimages" ranks and its at the top of the list. So i'm pretty chuffed about that :)

lol byorn of course it would be but how many people will search for byronimages. You need to get it up there for searches on "Images" "photos" sports photos etc!

Yeah not sure what is going on with the site search I have not made any relevancy changes, may be the new advertising though. It ebs and flows I guess. At a guess the advertising may be dumping or blocking the spider bots.

I will work on it a little bit and see what happens. I am also hoping to work on a better SEO format for the URLs

I get yah, but the chance of my site getting up on a google list with "images" "photos" would take years. If not Never.Considering there would be at least a million photo sites around the world.

I do recall that silvertails was on the 3rd page before you changed the site abit before the season started then it got to the top 3 when searching "silvertails".

At a guess the advertising may be dumping or blocking the spider bots.

I will work on it a little bit and see what happens. I am also hoping to work on a better SEO format for the URLs

and the translation to English means?

basically make the URLs page_title.htm

It just makes it a bit cleaner and search engines appreaciate them more :)

It should start lifitng in its rankings now. I place h1 tags on the news titles and on the tag line. The tagline looks a bit ig but search engines grab this data.

The front page name has changed as well

I notice in iexplorer the font is about 10 time as big were it says

"An unofficial Manly Sea Eagles supporters site - Silvertails, Supporting the Supporters"

yup that is the tag line. It is the most relevant text to the site name and title so i have had to put it in H1 tags. Unfortunately making it smaller will make the news titles look too small

In case you dont know, the font in IE6 is about 60 pixels high. I think a little larger than you'de want. Unless its my PC at work?

its your work PC. my IE displays it fine

Just so you know the changes I made today. by putting "Silvertails" in google we are now ranked at second.

We should shoot up the other lists a bit too

This is what I see under the banner, I can only assume my dumb work PC is the only one that has this problem. It's no biggy though I just thought you'de be interested to know.

An unofficial Manly Sea Eagles supporters site - Silvertails, Supporting the Supporters

I tried in opera, Firefox and mozilla. None have the problem.

Maybe your work is blocking some CSS or cached the site

It's fine by me. Looks good and the improvements are great. Are any of you yobs going to Leichhardt on Sunday or am I going to be the one voice on the hill????

lone voice.

I dont know when I will have the money and time to go to another game!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4