Google ranking of Silvertails

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well done, Daniel

2nd on "Manly NRL" & "Silvertails" and first on "alternateeagles" (& on second page for "Manly forum")

What about "Manly League" and "Manly Rugby League". Currently not ranking. Can anything be done?

Just so you know the changes I made today. by putting \"Silvertails\" in google we are now ranked at second.

We should shoot up the other lists a bit too

lone voice.

I dont know when I will have the money and time to go to another game!
Not a true supporter!!!! :lol:

Fair enough Daniel and a good sign that you actually have a life. It is great how life changes when you have a family. Do hope to see you out at Brookie soon though I am already out for the Melbourne game!!

Well done, Daniel

2nd on \"Manly NRL\" & \"Silvertails\" and first on \"alternateeagles\" (& on second page for \"Manly forum\")

What about \"Manly League\" and \"Manly Rugby League\". Currently not ranking. Can anything be done?

[quote author=Daniel]
Just so you know the changes I made today. by putting \"Silvertails\" in google we are now ranked at second.

We should shoot up the other lists a bit too

[/quote]

Not sure about the other 2. I will keep adding more features and optimisations. NRL is not in the page very often so it doesnt show up in the search engines.

I will have to play around and get the guys to start putting some NRL titles in their news articles.

i.e. NRL: Tigers......
and for Manly
MSE:
or
Sea Eagles News:

so they are categorised and start getting picked up

Thanks Dan.

You're already second behind MSE on "Manly NRL". So I'm not sure whether you need to do anything on adding "NRL".

If you want people to find the site through searches including the words "Rugby League", sounds likely that adding these words into some news headings might help. But I know little about how this system works.

One thing I've heard does help is linking to other high ranking sites and being linked by other high ranking sites.

If you and MSE for example could see each other as partners and link to each other, my understanding is that this helps both of your rankings. Similarly other forums. Seems you're helping them with your newsfeeds. Wouldn't hurt them to make it reciprocal. Both on the same side after all.

it doesnt help dramatically, main;y because of the link sites who provide only links. THe search engines did some work in their bots which ranks these lower.

If we are now picking up in the search engines and ranking higher already in a matter of a few weeks we should lift dramatically

Thanks Daniel,

I assume content is a key requirement to increase ranking. And your site does well here. I wonder whether hits on google searches also increases ranking. For example, if I always selected your site from a google search like this one (as I had recently), would it improve your ranking?

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=manly+nrl&meta=

Now here's the problem:
If I search Google for Manly + League like below, then I get the seaeagles site as the first site, MSE as the 4th site - and your site doesn't even make the top 200!!!!

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=manly+league&hl=en&lr=&start=190&sa=N

Is there some meta data about the site that you give Google and other search engines that should include the word "League"?

Using google links is definately going to increase the ranking as it shows it is of high relevance. As for leage I need to find a way to increase the word Leage on the site which I will start doing this week

Using google links is definately going to increase the ranking as it shows it is of high relevance.
OK. My "favourites" link will be to the google search on "Manly NRL" and I'll select your site from that search. On more click, but if it helps you help us Manly fans, given the quality of your site, I'm certainly happy to do that.

why not have a league post about league where the word league is used many times. You can mix it up a bit and use rugby league as well. Or does the number of times league appears on this league site make no difference?

league

number of times doesnt make a whole lot of difference especially if its relevancy to the title etc arent good.

I may make a page called "The Rugby League Wrap" or something and do a weekly article about the weekends league

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6