Good Feeling Around the Club at the Fans BBQ

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I went to the Members BBQ at Brookie tonight and watched the squads train together for half an hour or so. Following that there was a sausage sizzle in which the players were happy to sign autographs and chat with fans. My youngest daughter was thrilled to have her photo taken with Ben Kennedy, Beaver and Brett Stewart.

Very noticeable was that Terry Hill was highly vocal and was encouraging the lads on the field. I asked him about it and he was upbeat saying how important it was for the team to play well this weekend. He said he was trying to keep enthusiasm high and the feeling postive.

There seemed no panic and a quiet confidence amongst the squad. It was a enjoyable occasion for all, including a walk into the Manly Dressing Rooms - nothing special but for an old Eagle fan it dripped with the history of the Randells, Fultons, Branighans, Battys etc of a past era!

Sounded great CW. I hope the boys can put a win together this weekend.

Was there any talk of injury.... Orford maybe? :lol:

I also hope you managed to eat $75 worth of sausages.

Noone dropped the sauce bottle or burnt the onions if that is what you are asking.

Jye was there and I didn't manage to get a picture with him!!!

There was a touch of talk about Orford but obviously nothing official. One player was very hopeful of his signing!!!

To take the American policy - no confirmation or denial!

I thought the players were very gracious and obliging. They let the kids get all the autographs they wanted (yes, I got mine! :) ). The mood was the best I have seen and there was definitely a quiet air of confidence. Hecks said he would be back in two weeks, Brett Stewart said his groin strain was likely to be from the cold weather but had no concerns for this weekend, BK and Beaver looked especially primed and Kite had a good session and is rearing to go.

A special mention to the organisation of the event. The snag sambos were great, Phillip Dean manned the barracades in ensuring everyone got what they needed, seeing the dressing rooms was a treat for me and all round it was a wonderful get together with all the Manly fans and players.

I was lining up for a sanger when a person manning the tables immediately took me to task for a post I made regarding the way the Membership was handled this year. Not everyone likes criticism and I am a big boy. :)

Oh yeah, a certain person who is seriously concerned with his hair was also mentioned for failing to join :naughty:

Oh yeah, a certain person who is seriously concerned with his hair was also mentioned for failing to join :naughty:

My reasons for not joining are well stated and well known. When a proper marketing plan is adopted as well as a teired and well thought out membership plan is set in place...and certain other things change i will join. Until then i put enough time and effort into promoting the club via this site

To the club's credit and those responsible for organising last night I give it it 5 stars.

Byso almost landed on his arse asking one of the players how they felt about finally landing Orford - but to the player's credit he didn't get even a small nibble!

Then there was the prolonged conversation regarding posters - and we are not talking about the type that get stuck up on walls.....

Considering the site cost me personally about $300 per year plus the countless man hours I put into developing the site and adding functionality. We have links to the various registration forms and am sure we have driven at least 1 member there.

first and final warning: This thread will not turn into a crusade to have me join the club. Everyone knows my reasons and that is that...

by the way, are Pepsi and FliP members yet?

no just highlighting that i am not the only one

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4