Gonna take more than foz

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

winnyason

Bencher
So much so the Eels will build their club around the 24-year-old premiership winner for the next 10 years. "We fully intend for him to be here a lot longer than four years and be remembered as a Parramatta player, not a Manly player," Seward said
Wow

And right there you have evidence of what a mediocre club they are and for the most part slways have been. No generosity extended to the club that 'made' Foran. Petty and mean-spirited comes to mind.

Seward's wet dream will only amount to anything if Parramatta actually do anything, like win premierships on a regular basis. At the moment they're more like a westy version of the Sharks, rather than Sea Eagles.

Let's face it, their next off-field implosion can't be too far off.

Going to be some frustrating times ahead for Foran. He's taking over Haynes role of being the player that they pin their hopes on and expect to win them games.

When Haynes 'get out of his parra contract' plan plays out and he signs for another NRL club next year, that club will probably win the comp within a year or 2 and he'll be happy as hell that the dead weight that is Parra is someone else's problem now!

Yep, I'm not sure Foran fully understands what he's got himself into. The pressure will be enormous. He's come to prominence surrounded by one of the best club rosters in our history. I think this has made him look better than he is. The parra fans are going to be foisting there 30 year frustrations on him. I think he'll be found out.

They are a club with a poor culture, its build on jealousy and envy and driven by the media who lives off the glory of events from 30 years ago.

Parra might have signed Foz but it will always be Manly who made him and where he really did achieve. Foz will count his money and enjoy Arthur as his coach but sooner or later BA will come under pressure when the March premier curse strikes again.

It will be interesting if they still see Arthur as the messiah when parra lose their next 6 games

A very smart and successful businessman once told me, "Don't say anymore than is absolutely necessary". The more I hear from this Scott Seward, the more I think he's not too smart.

He's repeatedly come out and said parramatta don't pay overs for players anymore. Well this is clearly not true. The $1.2 million they are paying Foran will probably make him the games highest paid player. They identified Foran as the 1 player to build their whole club around and signed Watmough in the hopes he'd convince him to come. In the end it took $1.2 million to convince him and now they are furiously trying to sell it as good business. With the board uncertainty at that club, there's the prospect Arthur won't even be the long term coach. In that case, Foran isn't yet locked in to come at all.

The old saying, you can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear, sums up parramatta well. They couldn't develop a winning culture, so they followed the bulldog plan of buying one from Manly. They didn't trust Arthur as coach until he'd spent time at Manly as Toovey's assistant. I can understand them wanting to be a better club, after all when you've been at the bottom 2 of the last 3 years, there's only 1 place to go.

On reflection it seems that statements like these are just, Seward trying to rally support ahead of their board elections. The parramata fans are so thirsty for success, they'd drink the water from the parramatta river, if they were convinced it might lead to a premiership. However, talking about it and wishing it to be so are one thing. Achieving the results on the field is another and the two don't always go hand in hand.

Honestly, I really believe we should trade Foran now. We will lose nothing playing Mateo there, and his combination over the season will only improve. I can remember when Mateo was talked about seriously as the Blues 5/8. If he can regain and hold his passion, he should be the man to replace Foran ...NOW
And comments about Parramatta-who really cares. Seriously they will implode as they always do. It would be magnificent in all this if we ended up signing Hayne-pipedream maybe....but oh the irony feathered friends. Sweetest revenge!

I also like how this guy is saying they will keep Sandow, Hoppa and Norman but the first two will be required to take significant pay cuts. After you just blew a load of cash on Foz they'll be thinking **** that - pay me too! Can see Sandow getting a dumb offer from the Sharks to drive up his price and anyway, why should Hoppa take a pay cut? Played SOO, won the same premiership as Foz - He'd be thinking get ****ed too if they cut his pay. He'll have suitors too.

I think Foran (and Watmough) are going to start feeling the burden of 29 years of no premierships. And if they think we as fans are harsh, wait until they don't deliver not only a premiership, but miss the 8. Or Watmough costs a game due to his play of the balls or Foran doesn't close out a match they should win.

I remember it up here when Newcastle signed Bennett, They just started to count the premierships they would win.....that ended well!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2