Golden Point

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Always been a supporter of it, but after we were just involved in it, scrap it, it's garbage

The final play of regulation time is an offside penalty, that little piece of **** couldn't wait to get in front of the sticks and blow it to send the match into golden point

We then go to Golden Point, and anything goes, it is pathetic. Our 1st set in GP they weren't back 10 twice and a marker wasn't square.

When Foran had a shot at goal, 4 of them left well before the play the ball right beside the ref. Horo was a mile offside to chargedown Gronk. Ballin was stripped of the ball

If the rules of the game don't apply then don't play the ****ing thing

Yep, wish they'd put the whistle away in regular time like they do in OT.

These ref's blow penalties just to involve themselves.

Don't mind playing OT, but make it golden try.

Not enjoying your night mate?

Look it was crap and we deserved that win but it was still a cracker of a game to watch

Set time each way, just like the old days, then the team that hits the front after that takes it

But I see your point, the gimps in Pink would treat it the same

The Who said:
The problem is that if you remove it, how do you decide a drawn finals match?

Replay it on a Tuesday or Wednesday, just like the good old days.

Daniel said:
Not enjoying your night mate?

Look it was crap and we deserved that win but it was still a cracker of a game to watch

I don't mind saying I didn't enjoy my night at all - from the 2nd half onwards I hated it, and felt considerable unwelcome stress. I am still in a shocking mood.

I've never been a fan of 'golden point'. If they must persist, then each team should get one point after 80 minutes, and the team winning the golden point then gets another point. There seems no reward for the effort of a drawn match at the end of 80 minutes. If, at the end of extra time, there's still no result, then each team gets a point.

DSM5 said:
I've never been a fan of 'golden point'. If they must persist, then each team should get one point after 80 minutes, and the team winning the golden point then gets another point. There seems no reward for the effort of a drawn match at the end of 80 minutes. If, at the end of extra time, there's still no result, then each team gets a point.

You can't have 3 points allocated from one game when all other games are only worth two points. It's not fair to the other teams not involved in GP. This could work if wins are increased from 2 points to 3 points.

Scrap field goals altogether in extra time. They are a crap way to decide a game. Make it so that only a try or a penalty (if they dare award one) decides the game. Otherwise just call it a draw at the end of regular time.

The other option is to do what Foran suggested after accepting his MOM award last night. "Lets play till we drop". I like his attitude!

Like the main topic of conversation on the Big Sports breakfast this morning,whats wrong with a draw,nothing in my eye,s,but thats my opinion and obviously a lot of others.Everyones view of the game,9 out of 10 said Manly were the better team by far,so we have golden point,the side that were inferior,if they get the win in golden point,then how is that fair,I say 10 all after 80 mins,so be it,thats the way it should stay,again,thats my view

TokyoEagle said:
Why do we need GP in regular season games ?

It doesn't need to be golden point, but you need a rule that can be carried into each finals match, where you have to get a result.
Finals should not be played with different rules to regular season matches.
I would prefer it to be golden try, and I like the idea in finals of dropping a player off for every 10 minutes of extra time, to open up the scoring opportunities.

Scrap it or make it Golden try with all penalties being differential so it cant be decided by a penalty goal.If a team wants to push the refs they will be penalised often and usually pay the price by conceding a try and the rule book wont go out the window like currently happens with the fieldgoalathon.The refs can ref according to the usual rules and we will see some exciting footy.But Id be just as happy to call it a draw after 80 minutes.

Two competition points for a draw.

Additional point for winning in OT.

Learn to drop kick.

But yes, I also wish there was some better way.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6