Goal Kicking Duties for 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pick your best 17 and throw the ball to the best kicker you have ....

I can honestly say that in 55years I have never blamed a loss on goal kicking ... it is like blaming a loss on one missed tackle or one dropped ball ..... just wrong ...

I'd rather blame the ref instead.. But you can't ignore the fact that converting tries or the lack of has been an issue for us. In tight games we can't always rely on DCE to save us with last ditched field goals where a good goal kicker would have decided the game earlier. So the truth is goal kicking can be the difference.

I'd rather blame the ref instead.. But you can't ignore the fact that converting tries or the lack of has been an issue for us. In tight games we can't always rely on DCE to save us with last ditched field goals where a good goal kicker would have decided the game earlier. So the truth is goal kicking can be the difference.

If Uate hadn't dropped the ball earlier on attack ... Mitchell wouldn't have gone the length of the field unopposed ... and we would have won the game .....

I didn’t see the trial, can DCE kick or are we still just clutching at straws?

If he hasn’t improved out of sight we need to get Hastings in. Please don’t talk to me about Wright/Walker/Api as much as I love them we need a 75%+ kicker.

I watched the Tahs last night and Foley was kicking everything, including plenty from the sidelines. I know no one rates kicks but two kicks are the same points as a try.

The old Roosters trick of giving away penalties on your tryline know there is no repercussions should be over!

Agree with you there. But who are we talking about ?
Nobody in particular ... just a general opinion ......

However some are probably using it as a point in Hastings favour to get the nod. I have said before that I am not emotionally involved in who is finally selected .... I am just of the opinion that the winner should be the one that Baz believes will lead the team around the park for 80mins causing the most pain and heartache to the opposition.

In a few weeks time Carney will be our kicker, Jake in the meantime.
Hastings looked great kicking, and showed more than Croker overall. But the best he can hope for is a bench spot. Croker is obviously a lock for early rounds. So assume Cherry now has goal kicking & kickoffs as well?

So assume Cherry now has goal kicking & kickoffs as well?
Correct, though I'm not sure about kickoffs. From 'the horse's mouth' today Cherry said M Wright is our no. 1 goalkicker but whilst he's getting over a groin strain or if he isn't available, he (Cherry) is goalkicking.

Sorry for the bad news. Personally I'd prefer Cherry focus on playing and have Hastings or Jake goalkicking.

Hastings had a wonderful game - looked a class above the opposition and his goal kicking inspired me with confidence every time. Great action and looks like a natural kicker rather than a manufactured one to fill a need.

There is no question, he is incredibly skilful. I love watching him play, the way he can draw a man and throw a perfect pass is beautiful.

There is no doubt that of our current roster Hastings is the best.
He is touted here by some as a 90% kicker and he went ok last week in FG, he played well in reggies this week too.

He is the obvious choice!

There must be a very serious reason why he is not the first choice 5/8 with all talent some here say he shows.

I'm gonna trust Baz on his judgement.

I wouldnt be negative about Croker at this stage. Its his first game in first grade since his only other game in 2016. He's an apprentice at the moment learning his first grade craft. Like most first year players (remember Kelly) he'll have his great games and he'll have his poor games. Consistency comes from experience. In the meantime if Jake can put over better than 80% with his kicks, he should have the sand bucket.

Don't know why Jake wouldn't have been tried as the goalkicker in a trial game.
Matt Wright is no certainty to be in the team, and is not a top notch kicker anyway. Games are so close these days that kicking can be the difference. Look at how many games Roosters won by a few points last year.
Hastings would be obvious choice if selected but looks like Croker will be the 5/8 to start the season.

I say get rid of the goals ( at least for this year) make the Trys worth 6 points......kickin for goal just waste time anyway. BTW just because we don’t have a goal kicker has not influenced my opinion.....well maybe a tad!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8