GO WOKE .. GO BROKE ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am finding it increasingly amusing that whilst happy to change the focus, bring up gun laws, make jokes, an even pronounce that the parent company has lots of money .... none, not one, of our progressives have actually said that the Marketing plan was a good idea ...

Again, ideology driven rather than judging individual cases on merit ... or lack there of.

I am finding it increasingly amusing that whilst happy to change the focus, bring up gun laws, make jokes, an even pronounce that the parent company has lots of money .... none, not one, of our progressives have actually said that the Marketing plan was a good idea ...

Again, ideology driven rather than judging individual cases on merit ... or lack there of.
Isn't it difficult or even impossible to assess if the campaign was a good idea until the results of it are apparent. And not just the short term goals but the long term ones as well. I could offer some scenarios here that could result in it being a good idea, but that doesn't get us any closer, it would just be more speculation.
As a progressive, I'll also add this; I couldn't give a flying f*** who ABInBev put on any of there beer cans. They could use Hitler or Gandhi and it wouldn't change they way I think of them. Similarly, the individual involved (who I had never heard of before this) is a TikTok influencer. And, as I'm not a teenager, I couldn't give two f*ks about them either. I'm all for trans rights and gender fluidity but why should I care about companies trying to get more people to drink their beer or a TikTok influencer getting more likes?
As far as I'm concerned - the whole thing is a non issue. It's just being used to draw up battle lines and divide people....and those doing that sort of thing (I.e. parts of the media) can f*** right off to!!!
*I actually care a lot about how the big beer companies get more people drinking their (drink that barely resembles) beer. But this feels pretty much the same as the marketing tactics they have been using for decades.

This quote sums it up well, imo. I wonder what he would think of modern day identity politics, where the content of your character is now secondary in the minds of the activists.

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Isn't it difficult or even impossible to assess if the campaign was a good idea until the results of it are apparent. And not just the short term goals but the long term ones as well. I could offer some scenarios here that could result in it being a good idea, but that doesn't get us any closer, it would just be more speculation.
As a progressive, I'll also add this; I couldn't give a flying f*** who ABInBev put on any of there beer cans. They could use Hitler or Gandhi and it wouldn't change they way I think of them. Similarly, the individual involved (who I had never heard of before this) is a TikTok influencer. And, as I'm not a teenager, I couldn't give two f*ks about them either. I'm all for trans rights and gender fluidity but why should I care about companies trying to get more people to drink their beer or a TikTok influencer getting more likes?
As far as I'm concerned - the whole thing is a non issue. It's just being used to draw up battle lines and divide people....and those doing that sort of thing (I.e. parts of the media) can f*** right off to!!!
*I actually care a lot about how the big beer companies get more people drinking their (drink that barely resembles) beer. But this feels pretty much the same as the marketing tactics they have been using for decades.

I don't think all that many people gave a shiite who was used either .. but that was only a precursor to the real gaff ... it was the double down insulting the majority of their current consumer base that triggered the protests ..

I don't think we will require waiting for archaeologists to get to the bottom of it to realise they have created a totally unnecessary clusterfuk ..

But no worries ... I am certain that you are not the only one sitting around saying.. what problem .. and still unable to admit that it was a shocker

I don't think all that many people gave a shiite who was used either .. but that was only a precursor to the real gaff ... it was the double down insulting the majority of their current consumer base that triggered the protests ..

I don't think we will require waiting for archaeologists to get to the bottom of it to realise they have created a totally unnecessary clusterfuk ..

But no worries ... I am certain that you are not the only one sitting around saying.. what problem .. and still unable to admit that it was a shocker
It's definitely alienated a section of their customer base. Is it a shocker...I don't think so.
But I'll be willing to admit that I'm wrong if I see the sales figures for Bud light take a big hit.
IMO, this is media figures wanting to turn this into a battle ground. And ironically, the people calling for boycotts, are the same ones who were calling out Disney's cancel culture after firing an actress. Is cancel culture OK now? Or is it just OK when something goes against your ideology? And is Disney broke yet.
And I'm not trying to deflect here, it could easily be a terrible idea. But for me, (as a liberal, progressive, woke girly man etc) the bigger issue is people's response to such issues as these have far bigger implications than choosing to drink a certain variety of sub par lizard's piss.

It's definitely alienated a section of their customer base. Is it a shocker...I don't think so.
But I'll be willing to admit that I'm wrong if I see the sales figures for Bud light take a big hit.
IMO, this is media figures wanting to turn this into a battle ground. And ironically, the people calling for boycotts, are the same ones who were calling out Disney's cancel culture after firing an actress. Is cancel culture OK now? Or is it just OK when something goes against your ideology? And is Disney broke yet.
And I'm not trying to deflect here, it could easily be a terrible idea. But for me, (as a liberal, progressive, woke girly man etc) the bigger issue is people's response to such issues as these have far bigger implications than choosing to drink a certain variety of sub par lizard's piss.

Good grief

Why do we have to comrade?

I miss the old days.

Comedians could say things and you’d laugh , and often even the objects they were revving up would laugh too.

I’ve got a Greek mate , and he said “ no one’s game to use the wog word anymore but I’ve never been offended by it , nor my parents who emigrated here after the Second World War”.

I just think we are all a little “ precious “ these days

I miss the old days.

Comedians could say things and you’d laugh , and often even the objects they were revving up would laugh too.

I’ve got a Greek mate , and he said “ no one’s game to use the wog word anymore but I’ve never been offended by it , nor my parents who emigrated here after the Second World War”.

Yeah, Barry Humphries got banned from a comedy/arts centre in Melb that he personally set up, all because he did a Trans joke that everyone laughed at. But the bigger question, who makes all these decisions on what people can or not say, in Humphries case this is just out of control crazy ideology that's trying to bring all the common sense people down.

Yeah, Barry Humphries got banned from a comedy/arts centre in Melb that he personally set up, all because he did a Trans joke that everyone laughed at. But the bigger question, who makes all these decisions on what people can or not say, in Humphries case this is just out of control crazy ideology that's trying to bring all the common sense people down.

The people that make these stupid ideological decisions are people that don't have to live with, or pay for, the consequences of their actions ...

I miss the old days.

Yes and no. Maybe as a bloke it didn't occur to you that so much that passed as humour was 'how dumb is my wife' etc.

Having said that, I wish there was no such thing as cancel culture, with ticket sales and eyeballs as the arbiter.

The whole Melbourne Comedy Festival canceling the genius that was Barry Humphries was appalling.

Yes and no. Maybe as a bloke it didn't occur to you that so much that passed as humour was 'how dumb is my wife' etc.

Having said that, I wish there was no such thing as cancel culture, with ticket sales and eyeballs as the arbiter.

The whole Melbourne Comedy Festival canceling the genius that was Barry Humphries was appalling.
No it did occur to me , I’ve never been a fan of “ dumb blonde “ jokes for example, and humour that denigrates I find not amusing at all.

But the whole comedy thing is largely about “ taking the piss” and I see that industry as being one under some threat as a result.

On the cruise I was on recently “ Hans the German “ ( who’s an Aussie from Adelaide ) was as funny as , but you could tell he was being a bit “ reserved “ in some things , and he even admitted in his show that “ some things I used to say I apparently can’t any more otherwise I’ll be cancelled “ .

So it’s a hard one isn’t it .

No it did occur to me , I’ve never been a fan of “ dumb blonde “ jokes for example, and humour that denigrates I find not amusing at all.

But the whole comedy thing is largely about “ taking the piss” and I see that industry as being one under some threat as a result.

On the cruise I was on recently “ Hans the German “ ( who’s an Aussie from Adelaide ) was as funny as , but you could tell he was being a bit “ reserved “ in some things , and he even admitted in his show that “ some things I used to say I apparently can’t any more otherwise I’ll be cancelled “ .

So it’s a hard one isn’t it .
One of the reasons I love Ricky Gervais. He just says it and bugger 'em!

I guess you need to have already built your audience before you can risk it.

Ricky, Bill Burr and Chapelle are probably the only ones who have the following to be uncancarable (I don’t think that’s a word, but you get the concept). Dave and his trans jokes have him probably the closest.

We had a normal run of the mill comedian on the cruise as well , we went to his show and maybe it was just him but he really wasn’t funny.

I guess when you have a huge crowd ( maybe 800 -1000 for each of his two shows ) and a really broad mix of people you have to be really really careful not to offend someone.

Which is the way it seems to be going.

We had a normal run of the mill comedian on the cruise as well , we went to his show and maybe it was just him but he really wasn’t funny.

I guess when you have a huge crowd ( maybe 800 -1000 for each of his two shows ) and a really broad mix of people you have to be really really careful not to offend someone.

Which is the way it seems to be going.
And when you're being so careful not to insult anyone you have pretty much removed the humour. Over here there's only white, middle aged, straight, able bodied males who are seen as a target. Otherwise you will alienate someone and run the risk of being cancelled. It's like we're all being brainwashed

I forgot to add, this means I'm fair game as a target and it doesn't bother me. Now, people can go on about hundreds of years of oppression yadda yadda yadda. It's all history, it's in the past. I wasn't responsible for any of it and yet I'm supposed to feel guilty about something that someone from generations ago did. Well I won't be made to feel guilty about any of it no matter how miserable this latest generation want me to feel. And further more if I find something funny I will laugh without feeling any guilt and if someone wants a laugh at my expense then go ahead, knock yourself out I will probably be there laughing at myself.... because I have a sense of humour. There, I got that off my chest, I can go about my day 😂

I forgot to add, this means I'm fair game as a target and it doesn't bother me. Now, people can go on about hundreds of years of oppression yadda yadda yadda. It's all history, it's in the past. I wasn't responsible for any of it and yet I'm supposed to feel guilty about something that someone from generations ago did. Well I won't be made to feel guilty about any of it no matter how miserable this latest generation want me to feel. And further more if I find something funny I will laugh without feeling any guilt and if someone wants a laugh at my expense then go ahead, knock yourself out I will probably be there laughing at myself.... because I have a sense of humour. There, I got that off my chest, I can go about my day 😂
Couldn’t agree more. At least you have the balls to say how you feel.

342807323_962619714735737_3474183436401725981_n.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4