GO WOKE .. GO BROKE ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member

“Go Woke, Go Broke!” Bud Light’s Parent Co. Loses $6 Billion in Six Days Following Trans Backlash​

Screen-Shot-2023-04-14-at-7.57.34-am.png

Bud Light’s decision to team with trans activist and comic Dylan Mulvaney appears to be getting worse by the day with news the brewer’s parent company, Anheuser-Busch InBev, has lost $A6 billion in market capitalisation in just six days as customers continue a boycott of the brand.

Bud Light is America’s biggest selling beer, with 14 per cent of the overall beer market.

Earlier this month, Bud Light entered into a partnership with Mulvaney, 27, who is currently on hormones to transition to a woman. The promotion included a $15,000 prize and a personalised beer can with Mulvaney’s face and a message on the top reading “Cheers to 365 Days of Being a Woman”, to commemorate a year since she began her gender transition.

Screen-Shot-2023-04-14-at-7.47.53-am.png

The tie-in saw an immediate backlash from Bud drinkers who boycotted the brew, leading to sales in heartland areas such as the Midwest, the South, and rural areas of the US to fall to virtually zero. Sales across the board are down 70 per cent.

At the time, Bud Light’s vice president, Alissa Heinerscheid, defended the brand using Mulvaney saying the marketing was vital to attract female and younger drinkers otherwise “there will be no future for Bud Light”.

As the market closed yesterday, the Belgium-based Anheuser-Busch InBev’s stock was trading at roughly $63, a more than five percent decrease in its total share value. Currently at $US125.73 billion, the company’s market capitalisation six days ago stood at $US132.38 billion.

And it appears the brewers’ top brass are fast distancing themselves from the marketing disaster amid claims “no one at a senior level” was aware of the partnership that has dominated headlines.

According to media reports in the US, the decision to use Mulvaney was taken by a “low-level marketing staffer”.
However, that does appear to contradict Heinerscheid’s earlier comments, the VP boasting that she wanted to trade Bud’s “fratty” reputation for “inclusivity”.

Last week, Anheuser-Busch InBev issued a statement that suggested the C-suite had approved the decision to use Mulvaney.
The statement read: “Anheuser-Busch works with hundreds of influencers across our brands as one of many ways to authentically connect with audiences across various demographics,’ the rep said in a statement shared with several outlets last week.

It added: “From time to time, we produce unique commemorative cans for fans and for brand influencers, like Mulvaney. This commemorative can was a gift to celebrate a personal milestone and is not for sale to the general public.”
An outspoken critic of the Bud Light decision has been conservative commentator and Fox News contributor, Marc Thiessen.

In recent days, Thiessen has publicly lambasted Heinerscheid, calling her “a beer salesman… The job of a marketing manager at Budweiser is to sell Budweiser.”

Thiessen noted that diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) management is now the second-fastest growing job in America, according to LinkedIn.

“That means that every major company in America is hiring a political commissar whose job is to promote inclusivity and push down the people who would say, ‘this might be a dumb idea,’” Thiessen added.

He argued that many young people were now taking corporate diversity, equity and inclusion roles because they wanted to do social justice work while still pocketing a large corporate salary.

“They don’t want social justice organisation salaries,” he said. “Quit your job, take a pay cut and go work for social justice if that’s what you want. Otherwise, sell beer.”

It seemed like a good idea when sitting around in the inner city duplex, eating vegan take away and discussing it with her non binary pronoun sensitive friends ... 100% of them said .. go for it ...

I think anyone using the word 'woke' on these forums should be automatically stood down for 24 hours for the heinous offence of rank laziness.

I wonder how much marketing research was done before this 6 billion marketing disaster

affective marketing research is the key to successful Advertising

Yep ... woke leftie response 101 ... attack and discredit the messenger ....
The 'woke' accusers and the trans activists are as bad as each other. Neither allows for any shades of grey.

There are plenty of areas which are simply about care and respect that are labeled 'woke' with no room for discussion. Discussion? What?

Similarly, the loudest trans activists are all or nothing, insisting on corrupting women's sport and allowing medical interventions on teens.

As with all extreme left and right, both are bad.

As for LOOK AT ME, NO, I MEAN LOOK AT NOTHING BUT ME, Dylan Mulvaney, hopefully the marketers are all out of a job having fallen for this failed actor rich kid.

It's not just the Bud contract, he was also made a brand ambassador for Nike sports bras. How many great women athletes struggle for sponsorship and would be grateful for such an opportunity? But what does Nike do? They shove a parody of a 50's housewife right in their faces.

Drives me nuts.

The 'woke' accusers and the trans activists are as bad as each other. Neither allows for any shades of grey.

There are plenty of areas which are simply about care and respect that are labeled 'woke' with no room for discussion. Discussion? What?

Similarly, the loudest trans activists are all or nothing, insisting on corrupting women's sport and allowing medical interventions on teens.

As for LOOK AT ME, NO, I MEAN LOOK AT NOTHING BUT ME, Dylan Mulvaney, hopefully the marketers are all out of a job having fallen for this failed actor rich kid.

It's not just the Bud contract, he was also made a brand ambassador for Nike sports bras. How many great women athletes struggle for sponsorship and would be grateful for such an opportunity? But what does Nike do? They shove a parody of a 50's housewife right in their faces.

Drives me nuts.
Good logical post and you are correct in saying all extremists left and right are both as bad as each other

Drives me nuts.

Funny enough ... I don't think that the trans activist of herself was the main reason for the outrage ... I think if she had just been one campaign among many .. nobody would have given a shiite

it was the marketing guru who came out and said she was embarrassed by the frat boy image of bud and it had to change to attract a different clientele that upset all the rednecks ... she pretty well insulted 90% of their customer base. ...

Drives me nuts.

But at least you get a woman of the year ... oh .. hold on ...

“Go Woke, Go Broke!” Bud Light’s Parent Co. Loses $6 Billion in Six Days Following Trans Backlash​

Screen-Shot-2023-04-14-at-7.57.34-am.png

Bud Light’s decision to team with trans activist and comic Dylan Mulvaney appears to be getting worse by the day with news the brewer’s parent company, Anheuser-Busch InBev, has lost $A6 billion in market capitalisation in just six days as customers continue a boycott of the brand.

Bud Light is America’s biggest selling beer, with 14 per cent of the overall beer market.

Earlier this month, Bud Light entered into a partnership with Mulvaney, 27, who is currently on hormones to transition to a woman. The promotion included a $15,000 prize and a personalised beer can with Mulvaney’s face and a message on the top reading “Cheers to 365 Days of Being a Woman”, to commemorate a year since she began her gender transition.

Screen-Shot-2023-04-14-at-7.47.53-am.png

The tie-in saw an immediate backlash from Bud drinkers who boycotted the brew, leading to sales in heartland areas such as the Midwest, the South, and rural areas of the US to fall to virtually zero. Sales across the board are down 70 per cent.

At the time, Bud Light’s vice president, Alissa Heinerscheid, defended the brand using Mulvaney saying the marketing was vital to attract female and younger drinkers otherwise “there will be no future for Bud Light”.

As the market closed yesterday, the Belgium-based Anheuser-Busch InBev’s stock was trading at roughly $63, a more than five percent decrease in its total share value. Currently at $US125.73 billion, the company’s market capitalisation six days ago stood at $US132.38 billion.

And it appears the brewers’ top brass are fast distancing themselves from the marketing disaster amid claims “no one at a senior level” was aware of the partnership that has dominated headlines.

According to media reports in the US, the decision to use Mulvaney was taken by a “low-level marketing staffer”.
However, that does appear to contradict Heinerscheid’s earlier comments, the VP boasting that she wanted to trade Bud’s “fratty” reputation for “inclusivity”.

Last week, Anheuser-Busch InBev issued a statement that suggested the C-suite had approved the decision to use Mulvaney.
The statement read: “Anheuser-Busch works with hundreds of influencers across our brands as one of many ways to authentically connect with audiences across various demographics,’ the rep said in a statement shared with several outlets last week.

It added: “From time to time, we produce unique commemorative cans for fans and for brand influencers, like Mulvaney. This commemorative can was a gift to celebrate a personal milestone and is not for sale to the general public.”
An outspoken critic of the Bud Light decision has been conservative commentator and Fox News contributor, Marc Thiessen.

In recent days, Thiessen has publicly lambasted Heinerscheid, calling her “a beer salesman… The job of a marketing manager at Budweiser is to sell Budweiser.”

Thiessen noted that diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) management is now the second-fastest growing job in America, according to LinkedIn.

“That means that every major company in America is hiring a political commissar whose job is to promote inclusivity and push down the people who would say, ‘this might be a dumb idea,’” Thiessen added.

He argued that many young people were now taking corporate diversity, equity and inclusion roles because they wanted to do social justice work while still pocketing a large corporate salary.

“They don’t want social justice organisation salaries,” he said. “Quit your job, take a pay cut and go work for social justice if that’s what you want. Otherwise, sell beer.”

QNaFiCOM7an65lCnc7.gif

As always it is not as simple as the company losing money etc

What I do find interesting with this whole woke go broke debate is the apparent “cancelling” that goes on as soon as there is a view different to some that people hold.

I believe that is snowflake behaviour no?

Hopefully we get an Australian version soon.

As always it is not as simple as the company losing money etc

What I do find interesting with this whole woke go broke debate is the apparent “cancelling” that goes on as soon as there is a view different to some that people hold.

I believe that is snowflake behaviour no?

When I first posted this article ... I knew as soon as I did that at least 2 people would jump to the immediate defence of Bud ...

Not because they are avid supporters of Dylan Mulvaney, or trans in general, not because they are shareholders in Bud, or even drink it ... but because of a Blind and mindless devotion to an ideology ... I was not disappointed.

Posting progressive spin articles as a somehow holy grail of fact checking is amusing though ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4