Glen stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gifty was a terrific player for us for 12 seasons but now 1 year on we have moved on and we don't need him moving forward. Already we have a host of small and/or light weight backrowers in Buhrer, Leary, Symonds & Brown. We really need an explosive power running backrower/prop.

One of the major issues in tooves dismissal as stated by our club owner, Scott Penn, was the failure to offer Glen Stewart a contract.

If these same people now refuse to even consider an offer to Glen, just days after Toovey took the fall for a tough decision, then these hypocrites can sack themselves in my humble option.

Actually even better. They can go **** themselves.
Just to help me out here, can you direct me to the article or correspondence where Scott Penn identified Gifty departure as a reason for Tooves departure.

Great player in his day, but England is the best place to wind down a career. Will always remember his gutsy grubber in his own half in the 2011 GF that led to a try off the next play for DCE.

Just to help me out here, can you direct me to the article or correspondence where Scott Penn identified Gifty departure as a reason for Tooves departure.
At the media announcement of Toovey being fired Penn was interviewed and he said Glenn not getting a contract extension played "a part" in Toovey not being the Manly coach in 2016.

At the media announcement of Toovey being fired Penn was interviewed and he said Glenn not getting a contract extension played "a part" in Toovey not being the Manly coach in 2016.
Yes, the Reporters made a point of asking and Penn answered this :mad:

Thanks, is there a link.

If Souffs wear majority of the cap for him in 2016, then there could be an opporunity for gift to simply take a BK type role. Lets face it between Snake, Killer, Skivvy and Gift they're all close to retirement, so they should take a strong leadership role in passing down the manly culture to the next generation.

Of course, this all depends on gift - DCE relationship, but snake and DCE seem good these days.

We could use some of the cap space freed up by moving on Foran and BoChoc to sign Gifty for next year. Now THAT would be funny.

I have absolutely no problem with Glenn coming home as long as the contract is for match payments (Significant amount) and that he doesn't get paid when injured.

I have absolutely no problem with Glenn coming home as long as the contract is for match payments (Significant amount) and that he doesn't get paid when injured.
Yep, good one Ralphie. With a large differential between his fee for 1st grade and any lower grade appearances. One last hurrah with
Brett, Killer, Skivvy and Ferris. Then ESL with the whole season to negotiate his ESL club, and his departure from the NRL. Praps Brett would ask for a release from 2017 in these circumstances and this should be granted. So they finish together and ideally sign up with the same ESL club.
A win win.

Yep, good one Ralphie. With a large differential between his fee for 1st grade and any lower grade appearances. One last hurrah with
Brett, Killer, Skivvy and Ferris. Then ESL with the whole season to negotiate his ESL club, and his departure from the NRL. Praps Brett would ask for a release from 2017 in these circumstances and this should be granted. So they finish together and ideally sign up with the same ESL club.
A win win.

That's worth considering , I think Snake for 2017 is one too many!!

It's interesting the crap that went down re: contract dramas between DCE and Glenn, as they had a great onfield combination going - better than his current one with Keary and co.

Last edited:
Won't work as he would still take up the headcount in the number of Players a Club can field. Penrith and Titans had this issue last year as they could not bring up Players to replace all the injured/suspended ones.

Maybe with the reduced interchange, we will have even more Clubs with longer injury lists :confused:

NRL have too many incompatible quotas :mad:

• 📚
Reactions: Rex

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4