Glen stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We heard the rationalisation for dumping Toovs was not keeping Glenn.

If the Penns were sincere then, with Souths paying half his wages, we will pick him up at a bargain.

If they now believe, in retrospect, that Quantum/FC/Toovs were right and the Penns were wrong about Glenn, then he'll go elsewhere.

Are they insane ? Looking forward to the implosion at Souths next year once the playing group realise that Gifty has been cut. Should drive a nice wedge in there. I also expect that Holmes a Court will buy out Rusty and clean out anyone in management who has had anything to do with this. Madge better watch his back too. One does not simply not sign Glenn Stewart to a contract.

SMH and Perignan media reporting Gifty may go to Catalans. Which is by far the best away trip in the world of rugby league!

Bring him back for 15 NRL games so he can get the honour of being in Manly's 200 club where he deserves to be.

Are they insane ? Looking forward to the implosion at Souths next year once the playing group realise that Gifty has been cut. Should drive a nice wedge in there. I also expect that Holmes a Court will buy out Rusty and clean out anyone in management who has had anything to do with this. Madge better watch his back too. One does not simply not sign Glenn Stewart to a contract.
Not to mention earning the wrath of Barry Sr.

Contracts are becoming chux. Though Perpignan is a beautiful area of France and so would be a sweet gig, better than playing for Souths.

Contracts are becoming chux. Though Perpignan is a beautiful area of France and so would be a sweet gig, better than playing for Souths.
I might visit him there and share with him a Boulette d'Avesnes - a symphony of French cheeses washed down by a bottle of Alphonse Mellot Sancerre Rouge Generation XIX - a delicious Sav Blanc.
I did this several times with Beaver Menzies when he was there. He won't remember though. - the Legend was a bit pished.
I remember it all though -
Beaves - "Nicci you're the bessht Manly shupporter ever. Zhey should name a shtand at Brookie after you.
Nicci - "Oh - Stop it Beaves."
:D

One of the major issues in tooves dismissal as stated by our club owner, Scott Penn, was the failure to offer Glen Stewart a contract.

If these same people now refuse to even consider an offer to Glen, just days after Toovey took the fall for a tough decision, then these hypocrites can sack themselves in my humble option.

Actually even better. They can go **** themselves.

Could Gifty don the helmet and get A REAL NFL SIZED super payout ? Haynie could show him the ropes. He'd be an asset to any defense team.

One of the major issues in tooves dismissal as stated by our club owner, Scott Penn, was the failure to offer Glen Stewart a contract.

If these same people now refuse to even consider an offer to Glen, just days after Toovey took the fall for a tough decision, then these hypocrites can sack themselves in my humble option.

Actually even better. They can go **** themselves.
You hit the nail on the head Flip.@:cool:

18 months of ZtH blaming Manly's ills on Gifty not being at Manly.:mad:

Now his mob has total control and a Salary Cap bargain,by Rabbids subsidizing the cost, where is the headline of Gifty's return @:rolleyes:

The reports suggest that this has been an option for months.
smh should write a piece 'Manly refuse to offer Glenn Stewart a contract, for the 2nd time - Barrett put on notice' :giggle:

Last edited:
You hit the nail on the head Flip.@:cool:

18 months of ZtH blaming Manly's ills on Gifty not being at Manly.:mad:

Now his mob has total control and a Salary Cap bargain,by Rabbids subsidizing the cost, where is the headline of Gifty's return @:rolleyes:

The reports suggest that this has been an option for months.
smh should write a piece 'Manly refuse to offer Glenn Stewart a contract, for the 2nd time - Barrett put on notice' :giggle:
The Stewart issue was just part of the smokescreen. The real issue was always Toovey backing the wrong horse in the ownership race.

Getting him back would mean we get the worst of both worlds - we had the unrest arising from his initial cutting, and we would still have to deal with an ageing player in our team taking up a fairly hefty contract who spends most of his time on the bench.

Having read what I just wrote, I reckon Joe Kelly will think getting him back is a great idea...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6