Glen and Brett to dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
watching the rorters and muts game the other night,the muts pack is pretty good and mobile,realistically,who would he replace in their pack,or who would be pushed aside to make way for him,they are all young and going really well at the moment,not knocking gifty,but I couldnt see him pushing anyone of them out

Publicly listing player contracts, as a number of major US sports do, would also help to ease tensions such as those at Manly over the future of Glenn Stewart as his teammates and fans would know whether the club can afford to keep him.

As it stands, Sea Eagles officials and Stewart's management are tiptoeing around the issue, with neither wanting to be seen as the party responsible for calling time on the 12-year stint of one of the club's most popular players.

Fairfax Media understands that Manly officials would prefer Stewart to outline his contract demands so they can decide whether there is enough room under cap to keep him.

However, the 30-year-old former Test back-rower's management wants the Sea Eagles to table their best offer so Stewart can look to finish his career elsewhere without any guilt about leaving as the club had left him with no choice.

If the salaries of all of Manly's players were listed publicly, he would know how much money the club had to spare, and they wouldn't have to insult him with an offer that was below his expectations.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/the-fifita-effect-collapse-of-bulldogs-deal-pricks-nrl-transfer-bubble-20140407-zqrrj.html

Mexican standoff :s

Its up to his Manager to guage Glenn's market value.
Sounds like they want a figure from Manly, then use that as a baseline to get another Club to better it , even though there is already an 'expectation' of Glenn's self valuation :dodgy:

The term 'insult' does not bode well for negotiating :mad:

Boring sideshow till June 30th at least :(

master blaster said:
watching the rorters and muts game the other night,the muts pack is pretty good and mobile,realistically,who would he replace in their pack,or who would be pushed aside to make way for him,they are all young and going really well at the moment,not knocking gifty,but I couldnt see him pushing anyone of them out

T-Rex, Tolman, Eastwood, Finucane, Jackson . . . need I go on?

HappilyManly said:

Sounds like they want a figure from Manly, then use that as a baseline to get another Club to better it , even though there is already an 'expectation' of Glenn's self valuation :dodgy:

Sounds like a job for Mark Mexico

Shoe1 said:
HappilyManly said:

Except he has signed with the Sharks....

The Who said:
master blaster said:

T-Rex, Tolman, Eastwood, Finucane, Jackson . . . need I go on?
yeah,you forgot Klemmer,look Who,I dont want him to go,he deserves to finish his career at Manly,I am a big fan of Gifty,s

voicefromthehill said:
Shoe1 said:
HappilyManly said:

Except he has signed with the Sharks....

Oh... does Craig Riddington still have a Mexican restaurant at North Manly? If so he is next cab off the rank for mediating.

Oh... does Craig Riddington still have a Mexican restaurant at North Manly? If so he is next cab off the rank for mediating.
[/quote]

No Riddo is busy taking his U10 harbord devils team to glory

I heard from TWO separate noobs who have no idea (bare that in mind) today that Glenn just refused to play (nothing to do with concussion), and the players are in fact revolting.

I hope that's not the case, because:
1. The club has rules cap wise to abide by;
2. I'm a season ticket holder.

Ryan said:
Glenn just refused to play (nothing to do with concussion), and the players are in fact revolting.
Our players are nice, it's the bulldogs that are revolting.

Ryan said:
I heard from TWO separate noobs who have no idea (bare that in mind) today that Glenn just refused to play (nothing to do with concussion), and the players are in fact revolting.

This would be completely un professional, as I've said to others. The club is bigger then these players, and if they are revolting, then show them the door. Those players that say they're the culture of the club, correction, the fans create the culture of the club, we demand success, pride and a winning attitude ! Goodbye if you're not in the mould !

Ryan said:

g'day all,I think its a bit harsh RYAN i'll admit that most of them aren't oil paintings but revolting is going a bit far!
cheers mike

Ryan said:
Strongly refute this revulsion claim - Wolfie is an oil painting :heart: Foz is also an aesthetic asset :D

Conspiracies - sounds like The Drip forcing an agenda with his usual finess :dodgy:

voicefromthehill said:
Highly unlikely - surely he would be in breach of his contract if he refused to play
and you would have thought if it was true,then Brett would not have played either,in support of him,I know its not you Ryan,but those noobs are just trying to rattle your cage,just ignore the clowns

Probably right..glenn always seemed a balanced well put together lovely person when I met him. Never forget he, brett and albert someone..forget who..bit they all came for a game of touch with us

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7