Glen and Brett to dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
swoop said:
bob dylan said:
Glenn Stewart is just what the Dogs need.

Jackson, Finucane, Klemmer being 3 of the very best young back rowers in the game, along Pritchard, Eastwood, O'Hanlon and the lady. That's just off the to of my head.

You forgot T-Rex

No, no, no. He mentioned the lady.

Why would anyone want to become a dog? Dogs chase cars, sniff each others butts, bark, lick the bottom of dishes, generally make a mess in the yard and howl all night long at the sky.

I'd sooner be an eagle than a dog any day.

And remember the curse - once gone very few taste glory anywhere else.

I thought the dog's slogan was bred not bought. It must have been changed a few years back.

I have it on VERY good authority that the dogs are waaaay more interested in JB and Hiku than they are the Stewart boys. Perhaps we should be too.

F*** the Dogs. I'm sick of hearing about that wretched scummy club. They can buy the whole Kangaroos team and they still won't win because they are a club that sold it's soul to stupid league and has never got it back. A bunch of lying ratbags you wouldn't trust ever. I've watched this games for 40 years and have never seen a club run by a more disreputable bunch of trash ever.

mickqld said:
F*** the Dogs. I'm sick of hearing about that wretched scummy club. They can buy the whole Kangaroos team and they still won't win because they are a club that sold it's soul to stupid league and has never got it back. A bunch of lying ratbags you wouldn't trust ever. I've watched this games for 40 years and have never seen a club run by a more disreputable bunch of trash ever.

C'mon Mick don't hold back, tell us what you really think.

mozgrame said:
I have it on VERY good authority that the dogs are waaaay more interested in JB and Hiku than they are the Stewart boys. Perhaps we should be too.

This I believe. ha$$ler may be close to the Stewies, but he knows they are near the end of their magnificent careers.

Seriously this ****e has to stop, the NRL has to bring in a transfer window AFTER the season is over, this mid year stuff ( and
also allowing mid year actual transfers) is not good for fans or clubs, and I imagine the players themselves must feel the impact.

It's not just our club that's being affected , I imagine every club ( and sets of fans) have their issues. Just this week Tim Grant is leaving Penrith for Souths, and then he's not.

I hate the fact that after a great start to the year we are now going through this crap, driven maybe by the managers wanting more, and our own version of " the leak" .

I just want to watch and talk about ....Footy

Daddycool08 said:
Why would anyone want to become a dog? Dogs chase cars, sniff each others butts, bark, lick the bottom of dishes, generally make a mess in the yard and howl all night long at the sky.

I'd sooner be an eagle than a dog any day.

And remember the curse - once gone very few taste glory anywhere else.

I thought the dog's slogan was bred not bought. It must have been changed a few years back.

Classic! Thanks for giving me a big laugh for the day hahaha

This is a perfect reason why I love this forum :D

TBH Mark, all this ****e used to bother me, but now I just have a meh/whatever attitude to the rumours. Cause that's all they are.
I don't believe it until I see them run out in a different coloured jersey.

Now bring on the Tiggers!!!

Both Stewarts to Bulldogs makes sense

The Bulldogs have massive plans for the money they had allocated to Andrew Fifita - a double strike on Manly's Stewart brothers.

Canterbury coach Des Hasler is close to the brothers from their days at Manly and remains in regular touch with the pair.

With Manly virtually showing Glenn Stewart the door for next season, the brothers are not happy and looking at their options.

Brett is under contract to Manly for 2015 but may ask for a release on compassionate grounds if the deal can be arranged.

With Manly having all sorts of salary cap problems, they may decide to allow Brett to go and keep impressive young fullback Peta Hiku for much more modest money.

The Bulldogs are desperate for a fullback and Brett would fit the bill perfectly.
Hasler has also been unhappy with his back-rowers this season and sees Glenn as the ideal solution.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-lurker---nrl-rumour-file---wednesday/hpgg7uy4fzi61o5f9v1msljo9

Clint said:
TBH Mark, all this ****e used to bother me, but now I just have a meh/whatever attitude to the rumours. Cause that's all they are.
I don't believe it until I see them run out in a different coloured jersey.

Now bring on the Tiggers!!!

Maybe I should adopt the same approach

Mark from Brisbane said:
I just want to watch and talk about ....Footy

you'd think the NRL would want the media doing the same wouldn't you? This has been getting worse over a number of years now and they've done sweet FA to stop it. The powers that be hold the product.. yet they are the ones on their knees to the media. Letting TV control the draw and scheduling, papers 'campaigning' for rule changes and bowing to them.. rubbish speculation articles get more coverage than the actual games these days, player managers running media campaigns... the list goes on. As an organisation they need to man up big time because the amount of people losing interest / going elsewhere is crazy.. how many footy related conversations at parties / bbq's / workplace etc.. are about the actual games these days? In my circle they are few and far between when compared to the "disgruntled with xxx, "read this rumour about xxx" etc.. conversations

tookey said:
Brett is under contract to Manly for 2015 but may ask for a release on compassionate grounds if the deal can be arranged.

I wonder if Brett has a clause in his contract to the effect that if Glenn leaves then he can too? That's the only way I can see him leaving us whilst still under contract.

tookey said:
Both Stewarts to Bulldogs makes sense

The Bulldogs have massive plans for the money they had allocated to Andrew Fifita - a double strike on Manly's Stewart brothers.

Canterbury coach Des Hasler is close to the brothers from their days at Manly and remains in regular touch with the pair.

With Manly virtually showing Glenn Stewart the door for next season, the brothers are not happy and looking at their options.

With Manly having all sorts of salary cap problems, they may decide to allow Brett to go and keep impressive young fullback Peta Hiku for much more modest money.

The Bulldogs are desperate for a fullback and Brett would fit the bill perfectly.
Hasler has also been unhappy with his back-rowers this season and sees Glenn as the ideal solution.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-lurker---nrl-rumour-file---wednesday/hpgg7uy4fzi61o5f9v1msljo9
Lets break this "story" down

Both Stewarts to Bulldogs makes sense - opinion

The Bulldogs have massive plans for the money they had allocated to Andrew Fifita - a double strike on Manly's Stewart brothers. opinion

Canterbury coach Des Hasler is close to the brothers from their days at Manly and remains in regular touch with the pair. - derr

With Manly virtually showing Glenn Stewart the door for next season, the brothers are not happy and looking at their options. Manly have not shown Glenn the door & of course they'd be unhappy if we couldn't keep Glenn. Glenn has made it quite clear he wants to stay at Manly.

Brett is under contract to Manly for 2015 but may ask for a release on compassionate grounds if the deal can be arranged. - but may ask - pffftt another unsubstantiated claim

With Manly having all sorts of salary cap problems, they may decide to allow Brett to go and keep impressive young fullback Peta Hiku for much more modest money. - again just an opinion.

The Bulldogs are desperate for a fullback and Brett would fit the bill perfectly. - derr

Conclusion - another unsubstantiated BS story based on baseless opinions

Mark from Brisbane said:
Ha$ler has been waiting patiently to rip our hearts out, he got his man in T-Rex, you can bet he'd like the rest as well.

Evil, despicable prick.........I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire
finally someone says something I like and can relate too,thanks Mark:)

Should Brett ask for an early release, I'm sure the club would accommodate him.
Sooner or later both Stewart boys will leave the club, the club and the fans will get over it, I just wish some of the other players would get over it as well.
Brett would be on $600,000 easy, and Glenn would be looking for a similar deal as well, and when you look at the playing personnel we have, the figures just don't add up.
I never thought I'd see the day when Fulton left, but he did, we won the premiership the following year and he ended up being half the player he was at Manly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4