Gift gone...... to Souths!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mickqld said:
I'm talking in relation to Gift's senario. He hasn't gone looking for a new club or a new challenge or a better team or chasing dollars. He's taken what's come along because we didn't offer him a contract in other words we retrenched him. He clearly doesn't want to go. Kennedy was nothing like this case.

Very much agree.

And Gallen is a great example. I wouldnt want to see him leave the Sharks because he belongs there & they deserve to have him there.

Its similar to someone like Thurston (dogs notwithstanding). He deserves to end his career with the NQC who he has been attached to & they obviously love him.

There is an real attachment between some players and the club they grew up with on their pathway to being a great footballer.

One day the NRL will realize that its a valuable assett that can be easily accommodated for through simple regulatory amendments.

mickqld said:
. I wouldn't be happy paying big dollars for someone who truely can't have his heart in the joint and was just there for a retirement package. Good luck Gift glad you got a payout for retirement same with Kite.

Just on that, I'm curious to know what $$ he signed for.
It seems that with every other player moving clubs the media bang on how much he signed for but the silence is defeaning on this one.
What did the NRL value him at?

They harp on about him being on 800K which is this year only so...
anyone know?

StuBoot said:
Just on that, I'm curious to know what $$ he signed for.
It seems that with every other player moving clubs the media bang on how much he signed for but the silence is defeaning on this one.
What did the NRL value him at?

They harp on about him being on 800K which is this year only so...
anyone know?

Only media figures I read was: "He's on 800k at Manly but he won't be on that at souffs, more like 600k...But Manly still couldn't give him 600k under their salary cap." *

* I rarely believe anything the media harp on about salaries but there ya go!

Jatz Crackers said:
One day the NRL will realize that its a valuable assett that can be easily accommodated for through simple regulatory amendments
You are crediting them with common sense! But hopefully they will.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2