Get up, stand up....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah he did, he played for St George.
To be honest, I used to get so annoyed when he was the first bloke selected for NSW because he lived a charmed existence with the media. The bloke was mediocre rubbish but looked like a top footy player so the media loved him. I guess i will never get over the fact that our club sacked Toovey who I hold in the same regard as Arko to bring in this airhead. He accepted this role early last year well before Toovey was sacked and that says all it needs to for me. I cant stand the bloke and short of him winning a premiership for us I doubt I will change my opinion of his ability. I guess I am still bitter about what went down at our club last season and probably will be until it changes. I am that type of person, I am loyal so I hate the club management right now and seeing the club struggle when it was uneccesary annoys the crap out of me. How we let TRed go and kept blake green is beyond me.

In saying that I bought 5 memberships for me and my family because I love the club. But I hate the idiots in charge.

To be honest, I used to get so annoyed when he was the first bloke selected for NSW because he lived a charmed existence with the media. The bloke was mediocre rubbish but looked like a top footy player so the media loved him. I guess i will never get over the fact that our club sacked Toovey who I hold in the same regard as Arko to bring in this airhead. He accepted this role early last year well before Toovey was sacked and that says all it needs to for me. I cant stand the bloke and short of him winning a premiership for us I doubt I will change my opinion of his ability. I guess I am still bitter about what went down at our club last season and probably will be until it changes. I am that type of person, I am loyal so I hate the club management right now and seeing the club struggle when it was uneccesary annoys the crap out of me. How we let TRed go and kept blake green is beyond me.

In saying that I bought 5 memberships for me and my family because I love the club. But I hate the idiots in charge.

He was chosen to play SOO because he was a good footballer.
He was a media darling because he is a good honest country boy without bull****.
He accepted the coaching job because he is not an idiot. 2V's sacking had nothing to do with him, it had happened.

But I am glad you don't allow your hatred to colour your judgement.

He was chosen to play SOO because he was a good footballer.
He was a media darling because he is a good honest country boy without bull****.
He accepted the coaching job because he is not an idiot. 2V's sacking had nothing to do with him, it had happened.

But I am glad you don't allow your hatred to colour your judgement.
I am happy for you to lead the TB cheersquad "The Trentiocres". We will agree to disagree. Currently my assesment of Barretts abilities seem to be pretty spot on. Only time will tell. Hopefully your astute judgment is right and Trent will take us to a premiership. When that happens you can all tell me I am wrong and I was an idiot. I really am happy for that to happen if I am wrong.

I am happy for you to lead the TB cheersquad "The Trentiocres". We will agree to disagree. Currently my assesment of Barretts abilities seem to be pretty spot on. Only time will tell. Hopefully your astute judgment is right and Trent will take us to a premiership. When that happens you can all tell me I am wrong and I was an idiot. I really am happy for that to happen if I am wrong.

Again, I have never said in any post That I think Barrett is a good coach. My issue is with the irrational hatred directed towards him.

As the Manly coach I am prepared to support him until he proves himself incompetent. I am not happy with our results, but unlike some I cannot simply ignore the horrendous schedule and debilitating injury list at the beginning of the season.

This no excuses mantra sounds tough, but it is a ridiculous statement in real life. Circumstances effect all outcomes.

Personally, I haven't yet made my mind up about Barrett, but until I do, he is still Manly's coach, and he still has my support.

Again, I have never said in any post That I think Barrett is a good coach. My issue is with the irrational hatred directed towards him.

As the Manly coach I am prepared to support him until he proves himself incompetent. I am not happy with our results, but unlike some I cannot simply ignore the horrendous schedule and debilitating injury list at the beginning of the season.

This no excuses mantra sounds tough, but it is a ridiculous statement in real life. Circumstances effect all outcomes.

Personally, I haven't yet made my mind up about Barrett, but until I do, he is still Manly's coach, and he still has my support.
Thats a fair point mate and you are right, yeah I have been a little over the top on my criticism. I honestly don't hate Barrett as a person. He seems like a very nice person actually. I guess for me, he represents everything that I am annoyed about within our club at the moment. He is probably wearing the brunt of my frustrations. For me it is not necessarily about wins on the board but more of getting the feel we are headed in the right direction, unfortunately I just don't get that vibe when I look at Trent.

Yeah, I don't really post here, but I've been lurking for ages and it's pretty sad to see. If it was Toovey everyone would be falling over themselves to think of excuses, but since it's a non-manly legend and not a favorite son everyone sticks the boot in without second thought.

Toovey did poorly most of last year with a better squad due to injuries and off field bull****. Barrett is doing poorly this year with a poorer squad partially due to injuries and off field bull****.

Not saying Barrett is a good coach either, and certainly not as good as I think Tooves was, just think it's pretty lame how everyone rips into him so much.

Thats a fair point mate and you are right, yeah I have been a little over the top on my criticism. I honestly don't hate Barrett as a person. He seems like a very nice person actually. I guess for me, he represents everything that I am annoyed about within our club at the moment. He is probably wearing the brunt of my frustrations. For me it is not necessarily about wins on the board but more of getting the feel we are headed in the right direction, unfortunately I just don't get that vibe when I look at Trent.

Old mate, I wont go into history, but suffice to say I am a huge 2V fan.

But I can support Barrett without being disloyal to Tooves.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4