Get them out of the club asap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Big Smole was just recognising the great Manly fans of Kirribilli 2061. Is that you @ryan ?
1660650427458.png

The issue with it is this. The guys doing these signs in support of their mate are the same ones that refused to play in a rainbow jumper. Their justification for doing so being on religious grounds. Now I could be wrong, but I am sure that stabbing someone would be a sin. You can't pick and choose what parts of the bible you believe. Either it's all or nothing. You can't outwardly support a guy that HAS sinned (he was found guilty) whilst refusing to support someone for being gay cause that's a sin. It's both or neither. Do what you want at home. Support whoever. Not when you are representing this club.

Happens in most codes around the world and not first time everyone would have seen this.
Again, Hasler is the core of the problem for allowing the club to put his players in this predicament and without consultation. This was not a NRL directive could almost guarantee the same reaction in most NRL clubs.
However anyone not showing commitment or wanting to leave we should make them welcome through the EXIT door.
I hope that Mestrov speaks to each and every player and offers an exit for any of them that aren't prepared to knuckle down and do what's best for the team, these blokes are paid handsomely to ply their trade on the football field and it's decision time, either commit to the club and do the job you're paid to do or fcuk off because with their current attitude they're not taking us anywhere. First and foremost we're a football team and I don't want anyone here who's not prepared to put in 100%. Just my opinion

Bull**** over reaction by media and fans... No knows the truth, they obviously believe his innocence and obviously there's going to be an appeal.. I dont condone violence or gangs but I've learnt not to pass judgement until you get the facts.. I Many people have been let down by the system before and been proven guilty when they have been innocent.. Media wants to kick is while we are all already down we and divided..this is what they want.. I'll reserve judgement until the fat lady sings.. If I believed my mate was wrongly convicted I'd stand up for him too..
and if he really was a mate he would tell you straight up WHO did it if it wasn't him yeah? One of the dirty 5 was the stabber that's pretty obvious. If it wasn't our man MF then he would know who did it.

He's stayed quiet this whole time which could have been a calculated gamble to get off on lack of evidence. This has ended really badly for MF if he didn't do it.

The Media didn't cause this. MF did. Gauc Did. Aleo vera DID. Shoe DID.

If you are being straight up then using the supporting a mate excuse is pretty weak.

Those who whinge the loudest are more often than not, the tiny minority.
If it was such a problem it would’ve been brought up when AFB did it, and then Haumole on Sunday. I saw it with my own eyes, I didn’t think anything of it but was waiting for the bed-wetters to call it out but they didn’t even notice it. They needed an opinion from an article to brainwash them like everything else they have in their lives as they don’t have the intellect to form an independent view.
Edit* wow sorry for the essay (it’s a sign for me to take a break from this site!)

Facebook tends to be where opinions are loud. Here they get mashed up quite a bit in long threads. The interesting thing in your comment is the insinuation that everyone with an opinion seperate to yours is wrong. Also, scapegoating media and "popular opinion" is very typical of the loud minority you refer to. People don't read papers all day. I'm sure people on here have enough of a vested interest in the team that they can think for themselves. I agree; it's somewhat understandable that Olakautau displays support for his friend. But you apply the context of the Fainu situation and the 'Manly 7' situation and it's just another indicator that the type of personalities manly have aren't the right ones.

I also don't think people unhappy with Olakautau, 'the 7', or the overall club culture are in the minority. I noticed the same article was discussed on a more neutral site earlier today (link is below). The large range of supporters there provide a far less biased/divided range of opinions on this issue than manly-fans like yourself and I provide. Generally we are either a) too protective of players or b) hypervigilant about the future of the team (and hence, too critical)
For example, a broncos fan posted "yeah theres no way trbos and dce and **** are down with these clowns. like this isnt even about religion they are just actual horrible people. rough days ahead for manly". A manly fan also said, "im getting tired i just want to watch my team play good footy and not be stabbing defending bigots"​

Also people have mentioned gang-related subjects on here for a long time now. There were also comments in the post match thread about it. Again it's not some paranoid fear of gangs, it's primarily about disrespecting the jersey, as well as pinpointing culture issues (ie characters, priorities). He had already let the club down a few weeks ago, then after scoring his first instinct was to find the camera and throw up some cringy cryptic messages about a convicted friend that the club has publicly mentioned it will distance itself from until the case resolves itself (if the appeal eventuates).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no problem with them supporting their mate. Guilty or not.

I have a problem with then disrupting the season and the playing group.

The Club comes first and it looks like they aren’t playing as a team.

There is an obvious divide for all to see.
Wise words ... astute summation of our dilemma and loss of form.

He had already let the club down a few weeks ago
I have been a Sea Eagles supporter for 57 years. In my opinion, the club let Haumole et al down and that with better managment the whole debacle could have been avoided. Anyway, this has been debated ad infinitum here & in other places.

At the time, I thought there was more balanced discussion in this non Manly NRL forum

Edit* wow sorry for the essay (it’s a sign for me to take a break from this site!)

Facebook tends to be where opinions are loud. Here they get mashed up quite a bit in long threads. The interesting thing in your comment is the insinuation that everyone with an opinion seperate to yours is wrong. Also, scapegoating media and "popular opinion" is very typical of the loud minority you refer to. People don't read papers all day. I'm sure people on here have enough of a vested interest in the team that they can think for themselves. I agree; it's somewhat understandable that Olakautau displays support for his friend. But you apply the context of the Fainu situation and the 'Manly 7' situation and it's just another indicator that the type of personalities manly have aren't the right ones.

I also don't think people unhappy with Olakautau, 'the 7', or the overall club culture are in the minority. I noticed the same article was discussed on a more neutral site earlier today (link is below). The large range of supporters there provide a far less biased/divided range of opinions on this issue than manly-fans like yourself and I provide. Generally we are either a) too protective of players or b) hypervigilant about the future of the team (and hence, too critical)
For example, a broncos fan posted "yeah theres no way trbos and dce and **** are down with these clowns. like this isnt even about religion they are just actual horrible people. rough days ahead for manly". A manly fan also said, "im getting tired i just want to watch my team play good footy and not be stabbing defending bigots"​

Also people have mentioned gang-related subjects on here for a long time now. There were also comments in the post match thread about it. Again it's not some paranoid fear of gangs, it's primarily about disrespecting the jersey, as well as pinpointing culture issues (ie characters, priorities). He had already let the club down a few weeks ago, then after scoring his first instinct was to find the camera and throw up some cringy cryptic messages about a convicted friend that the club has publicly mentioned it will distance itself from until the case resolves itself (if the appeal eventuates).
Reddit is hardly a source for being a neutral site, dig deeper on there and you’ll realise it’s very one sided to one direction of opinion and political agendas. It’s trash.

Great post. The reddit thread shows we are a laughing stock, and rightly so. Anyone who thinks we can win a comp with these morons and their baggage is higher than a Newcastle player in a toilet cubicle.

Uhhhmmm......why do you think there are so many different Christian denominations ? Absolutely you can pick and choose what you want to believe. Been going on for centuries.
You look up Hypocrisy, and you’ll find the word Religion.

During a time we should have been spending our energy supporting Arko and celebrating a life we have been focused on a group of homophobic gangsters who have ruined our clubs culture. So very frustrated and cranky. Can only imagine how disappointed the others in the club feel.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6