Get them out of the club asap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Happens in most codes around the world and not first time everyone would have seen this.
Again, Hasler is the core of the problem for allowing the club to put his players in this predicament and without consultation. This was not a NRL directive could almost guarantee the same reaction in most NRL clubs.
However anyone not showing commitment or wanting to leave we should make them welcome through the EXIT door.
Sorry, Hasler is the core of the problem?

Did he hijack the ‘Women in League’ round with a tangential jersey? He had no knowledge of it, until it was presented to him and the squad as a fait accompli.

Did he scour western Sydney for these dropkicks, without an apparent attempt at serious background checks? That started happening before he rejoined the outfit.

AFB moving on was a warning shot which in hindsight tells us a lot. There were lots of suggestions part of his move was to get away from the direct influence and gang culture he was supposedly involved in. It certainly appears we have a divided playing group with a group of players involved in a "brotherhood" culture and lifestyle with questionable links and anti social behaviour and posts and the rest of the players who while they might not be choir boys seem to want to keep their nose clean and play football. Sadly in our quest for great talent and lets be honest most of the gang of 10 have great talent... we have also bought ourselves a whole heap of trouble through the brotherhood mentality and their supposed religious "convictions". To unravel this and move them on will be impossible in the short term. Moving 1 on will cause uproar with the other 9. At least for the next three years I see we have some serious issues and I just can't see a harmonious playing group. In the old days you would just offload the key players in this and replace them... not quite so easy and with 10 of them... plus the underperforming other players ...good luck!

Sorry, Hasler is the core of the problem?

Did he hijack the ‘Women in League’ round with a tangential jersey? He had no knowledge of it, until it was presented to him and the squad as a fait accompli.

Did he scour western Sydney for these dropkicks, without an apparent attempt at serious background checks? That started happening before he rejoined the outfit.
I am not a Des fan due to the events of post-GF 2011 but I agree that Des shoulders no blame for this situation and has played the cards he was dealt well...
I am not on board with some of his team selections but we imo we have much bigger issues at this club than the coach right now...

AFB moving on was a warning shot which in hindsight tells us a lot. There were lots of suggestions part of his move was to get away from the direct influence and gang culture he was supposedly involved in. It certainly appears we have a divided playing group with a group of players involved in a "brotherhood" culture and lifestyle with questionable links and anti social behaviour and posts and the rest of the players who while they might not be choir boys seem to want to keep their nose clean and play football. Sadly in our quest for great talent and lets be honest most of the gang of 10 have great talent... we have also bought ourselves a whole heap of trouble through the brotherhood mentality and their supposed religious "convictions". To unravel this and move them on will be impossible in the short term. Moving 1 on will cause uproar with the other 9. At least for the next three years I see we have some serious issues and I just can't see a harmonious playing group. In the old days you would just offload the key players in this and replace them... not quite so easy and with 10 of them... plus the underperforming other players ...good luck!
Maybe the way to expedite it all would be to put very strict measures in place which would have their managers asking for a release?
Gotta feel for Tony Mestrov. No doubt he thought he was headed into a bit of a storm but turns out it's a tsunami. Poor bugger. Hope he is all he's cracked up to be.

In this day and age if we offload 1 than the rest will spit the dummy, break their contracts and get signed by the tigpies, GC or Souffs...
Only problem I see is that we would probs end up paying part-contracts because we have some on too much coin...
The club is obviously not going to do this tho because they just extended Saab for another 3 years and surely that would have been put on hold if they were considering a clean out...

Reddit is hardly a source for being a neutral site, dig deeper on there and you’ll realise it’s very one sided to one direction of opinion and political agendas. It’s trash.
True, although there is 100K users on that site so that compares favourably vs silvertails in terms of sample size (and the range of fans thing). It’s also far less political than sites like twitter (im not into politics at all). It does attract a different crowd than the facebook comment section, although facebook is generally trash in my opinion. Still saw lots of the same stuff on facebook though

It’s not just that though, it’s that my mates (local) generally have the same opinions. So unless im just in some weird circles and out of the loop I find it hard to believe that everything im seeing is biased. It’s got to be the majority, and I think it would be a little sad if it wasn’t; surely the fans aren’t happy to let a select few players put themselves before the club

I wonder if we will hear something from the club? Apology, explanation, bullsh1t cover up even. Just something!!!!

A storm in a tea cup and interpretation is key here. Misinterpretation is far too easy. The gang mentality is a social problem and we are just professional sporting club not the players parents or social leaders. I don't like players using their exposure in sport to support personal agendas. They are paid too much money to be allowed, what some are describing on here as freedom, to use their work place as a platform for their personal messaging. They are entitled to support their friend through better and worse but there are appropriate ways in which they can do that. This is not one.

A storm in a tea cup and interpretation is key here. Misinterpretation is far too easy. The gang mentality is a social problem and we are just professional sporting club not the players parents or social leaders. I don't like players using their exposure in sport to support personal agendas. They are paid too much money to be allowed, what some are describing on here as freedom, to use their work place as a platform for their personal messaging. They are entitled to support their friend through better and worse but there are appropriate ways in which they can do that. This is not one.
Well said , just out of proportion to the actual reality . Different matter if there was actually some serious gang related activity or suspected conduct or activity , Definitely not be be condoned for a professional game format type of expression but some emotional based on field and brief display signal , hardly a hanging offence . Even apart from Manase "s present situation , unfortunately has been a previous pattern of reported dubious behavior for whatever reason but of the rest of the purported 10 or whatever , where has there been any indication of something similar or even close . Even where i have lived my entire life in a relatively low key regional area but still of a cosmopolitan make up , there have always been sub groups of a type of gang arrangements but pretty innocuous in general . Just a passing phase in virtually all instances . A few bad eggs over time but most just get on with life and not just confined to males . Koula , Haumole , Saab , Schuster , Tui , some of the best prospects in the game and the club to be severely handicapped and disadvantaged in some knee jerk reaction to an isolated sign gesture or guilt by association premise . Times change and evolve , always important to have a good culture of course but not at the price of cruelling the club playing and competitive wise over a relatively minor passing situation

This is pathetic. Send your mate a text, ring him up. But publicly throwing up gangster signs to honour your convicted criminal mate while wearing Manly colours. This club is better than that, well at least it used to be.
Totally agree , drop his arse to reserve grade our seasons over so throw some young guys up for experience and drop whoever wants to do this ****.
These are supposedly pro players not gangsters , we pussy foot around there precious egos etc , time to move on.

Maybe the way to expedite it all would be to put very strict measures in place which would have their managers asking for a release?
Gotta feel for Tony Mestrov. No doubt he thought he was headed into a bit of a storm but turns out it's a tsunami. Poor bugger. Hope he is all he's cracked up to be.
I wouldn’t feel sorry for Mestrov. Yep, the job ahead is enormous. But if he is smart, the opportunity in front of him is huge and could be career defining in a good way. As some bloke in a meme once said, “never let a good crisis go to waste”!

Manly players showing support for not just any person but their friend and team mate who they believe he is innocent and who will appeal his conviction .
Parramatta players don't go around with Jarryd Hayne tattooed on their forehead. Footy players i'm sure went to jail to visit Craig Field and support him.Show your mate support by all means, but don't use the club, NRl and its media partners as the platform.

Guildford is Haumole’s hometown. Settle down bedwetters. He hasn’t done anything illegal. My goodness this place has a punch of pansies. If he’s committed a crime then fair enough but seems like any excuse for the rednecks to lay into the poly boys lately.

Unfortunately it is becoming a much bigger issue than that old mate ... Earlier this year police warned of increasing gang violence at junior rep games. Clubs also confirmed that games have been moved from certain suburbs and it was becoming a very real problem ....

The NRL is facing a new and very present danger - organised gang violence.

The early rounds of the junior representative season in Sydney have been marred by scuffles on and off the field.

But it's fighting with a difference, with several of the participants allegedly members of rival Sydney gangs.

Only this week, the NSWRL issued Code of Conduct breach notices to five players, officials and spectators after a second straight weekend of mayhem.

And police fear things will get worse.

"It's the perfect storm for gangs - they known when and where games are being held and who is playing," a police source told Wide World of Sports.

"These gangs are organised and dangerous and security at junior league grounds is not overly strong.

"Gang members see the footy as the ideal place to settle scores and put claims on their turf.

"If it isn't clamped down on soon, the NRL and NSW Rugby League will have real problems on their hands - if they don't already."

NRL boss Peter V'landys is aware of the issue, telling brawling players, fans and parents that they "should go to the UFC" and have nothing to do with rugby league.

The drama has been escalated by Sydney clubs signing young players without doing their due diligence.

"They sign these kids at 14 and 15 and don't really look into their backgrounds or affiliations," one NRL club CEO told Wide World of Sports.

"It's all about winning and signing the best players - nothing about their character and off-field behaviour and it will come back to bite the clubs concerned."

Parramatta players don't go around with Jarryd Hayne tattooed on their forehead. Footy players i'm sure went to jail to visit Craig Field and support him.Show your mate support by all means, but don't use the club, NRl and its media partners as the platform.
Nothing has been said by the club or the NRL but only from the media

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8