Get them out of the club asap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The drama has been escalated by Sydney clubs signing young players without doing their due diligence.

"They sign these kids at 14 and 15 and don't really look into their backgrounds or affiliations," one NRL club CEO told Wide World of Sports.

"It's all about winning and signing the best players - nothing about their character and off-field behaviour and it will come back to bite the clubs concerned."
The Clubs do have their code of ethics but out side the club how do you stop young players from mischief ? Thier own parents and families cant stop them

Unfortunately it is becoming a much bigger issue than that old mate ... Earlier this year police warned of increasing gang violence at junior rep games. Clubs also confirmed that games have been moved from certain suburbs and it was becoming a very real problem ....

The NRL is facing a new and very present danger - organised gang violence.

The early rounds of the junior representative season in Sydney have been marred by scuffles on and off the field.

But it's fighting with a difference, with several of the participants allegedly members of rival Sydney gangs.

Only this week, the NSWRL issued Code of Conduct breach notices to five players, officials and spectators after a second straight weekend of mayhem.

And police fear things will get worse.

"It's the perfect storm for gangs - they known when and where games are being held and who is playing," a police source told Wide World of Sports.

"These gangs are organised and dangerous and security at junior league grounds is not overly strong.

"Gang members see the footy as the ideal place to settle scores and put claims on their turf.

"If it isn't clamped down on soon, the NRL and NSW Rugby League will have real problems on their hands - if they don't already."

NRL boss Peter V'landys is aware of the issue, telling brawling players, fans and parents that they "should go to the UFC" and have nothing to do with rugby league.

The drama has been escalated by Sydney clubs signing young players without doing their due diligence.

"They sign these kids at 14 and 15 and don't really look into their backgrounds or affiliations," one NRL club CEO told Wide World of Sports.

"It's all about winning and signing the best players - nothing about their character and off-field behaviour and it will come back to bite the clubs concerned."

From your quoted article...

...."NRL boss Peter V'landys is aware of the issue, telling brawling players, fans and parents that they "should go to the UFC" and have nothing to do with rugby league."

I'm not sure how successful telling them to go away will be. It's like Nancy Reagan saying 'don't do drugs....m'kay' all those years ago. (poss didn't say m'kay)

I'm not saying he should have released a 400 point plan backed up with a previously unknown nrl defence force, but 'I'm aware, stop it!' seems a bit... I forgot my point.

Its before the NRL integrity commission. I sure the club can't say anything yet, but given their current track record, probably won't.
Our club could have said something but they chose not too and I agree with the clubs stance so far

Lets see what the NRL integrity come up with

It feels like there are times when the players forget they are representatives of the club not the other way around.

I can understand their desire to support their friend (in many ways it is admirable) however using the club as an avenue to take what could be seen as a divisive action as they took is not a good look which has the potential to be detrimental to the club...who pays their wages

It's called the entitled generation. Social media has made this happen, it's a new era where kids are no longer able to be just kids. Growing up being spoon fed information overload into developing brains to the point where their knowledge about everything breeds a sense of entitlement to anything available no matter whether they have earned the right to it or done the hard yards to atain it. It gives them a sense of being able to comment on any issue regardless of consequence or whom it may upset.

It feels like there are times when the players forget they are representatives of the club not the other way around.

I can understand their desire to support their friend (in many ways it is admirable) however using the club as an avenue to take what could be seen as a divisive action as they took is not a good look which has the potential to be detrimental to the club...who pays their wages
Personally I do not see 5 seconds of expression into their try celebration a big deal .

Lots of people would not even have noticed if it was not for the media to enhance the players stance

When I saw the game live I was so caught up in the Manly try moment that I missed what the Media Magnified

The Clubs do have their code of ethics but out side the club how do you stop young players from mischief ? Thier own parents and families cant stop them

The same way any other employer reprimands their employees who don't uphold the values of their organisation. What people do outside work is their business, but these blokes are conducting themselves in this manner at work.

I have been a Sea Eagles supporter for 57 years. In my opinion, the club let Haumole et al down and that with better managment the whole debacle could have been avoided. Anyway, this has been debated ad infinitum here & in other places.

At the time, I thought there was more balanced discussion in this non Manly NRL forum

I have been a whirlpooler for many many years.

I am a bit of a tech nut.

Manly players showing support for not just any person but their friend and team mate who they believe he is innocent and who will appeal his conviction .
You mean the same way they showed their support for their friends and team mates by boycotting the rooster’s game?

Perhaps the NRL needs to bring in rules around not registering contracts, or tearing up contracts, for any player with gang affiliations? If a player has affiliation from the past, but left it behind then fine. Signifiers like gang tattoos are to be covered up while playing. Try celebrations, interviews or anything else must be devoid of any connection to gangs.

Look, it makes sense in the longer run. With the predominance of gambling in the sport how long before a gang affiliation is going to put a player, or players, in a compromising position… forced to throw a game, play badly, whatever… and that’s if it’s not happening already.

I know it wouldn’t be easy and will need time to think it through carefully. There will be challenges like what constitutes a gang, what constitutes an affiliation, etc… but, I can’t see any other way around it unless we wanna go on with our heads in the sand.

Unfortunately it is becoming a much bigger issue than that old mate ...
A split between the old mates? Woodsie joining the bedwetters, petticoats, broomsticks, pansies and rednecks? No doubt you can handle it, and Chuckee can handle the split no doubt, but what about the kids? Have you thought about what this may mean for the likes of @highlandeagle and @Red Pill ... who will they side with?
:rofl:

Perhaps the NRL needs to bring in rules around not registering contracts, or tearing up contracts, for any player with gang affiliations? If a player has affiliation from the past, but left it behind then fine. Signifiers like gang tattoos are to be covered up while playing. Try celebrations, interviews or anything else must be devoid of any connection to gangs.

Look, it makes sense in the longer run. With the predominance of gambling in the sport how long before a gang affiliation is going to put a player, or players, in a compromising position… forced to throw a game, play badly, whatever… and that’s if it’s not happening already.

I know it wouldn’t be easy and will need time to think it through carefully. There will be challenges like what constitutes a gang, what constitutes an affiliation, etc… but, I can’t see any other way around it unless we wanna go on with our heads in the sand.
There's currently association laws in relation to gangs so the NRL would be fine using those laws to come down hard on anything related to gangs.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8