Get them out of the club asap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Oh no šŸ™ˆ found this pic of a young Keppie. Itā€™s now infected the whole team like monkey pox.

1660641502620.png

NineSportNRL
Police warn NRL about growing criminal 'danger' infiltrating rugby league

The NRL is facing a new and very present danger - organised gang violence.

The early rounds of the junior representative season in Sydney have been marred by scuffles on and off the field.

But it's fighting with a difference, with several of the participants allegedly members of rival Sydney gangs.

Only this week, the NSWRL issued Code of Conduct breach notices to five players, officials and spectators after a second straight weekend of mayhem.

And police fear things will get worse.

"It's the perfect storm for gangs - they known when and where games are being held and who is playing," a police source told Wide World of Sports.

"These gangs are organised and dangerous and security at junior league grounds is not overly strong.

"Gang members see the footy as the ideal place to settle scores and put claims on their turf.

"If it isn't clamped down on soon, the NRL and NSW Rugby League will have real problems on their hands - if they don't already."

NRL boss Peter V'landys is aware of the issue, telling brawling players, fans and parents that they "should go to the UFC" and have nothing to do with rugby league.

The drama has been escalated by Sydney clubs signing young players without doing their due diligence.

"They sign these kids at 14 and 15 and don't really look into their backgrounds or affiliations," one NRL club CEO told Wide World of Sports.

"It's all about winning and signing the best players - nothing about their character and off-field behaviour and it will come back to bite the clubs concerned."

This article sums up what some of us already knew. The last two paragraphs written six months ago is a pretty good summation of where the Manly Club is right now.

The police sources should be considered as highly credible. The information they have is actually under exaggerated if anecdotal accounts of gang association are accurate.

We can as a club continue to ignore the obvious, or we can take the steps necessary to excise the problem.

Those who whinge the loudest are more often than not, the tiny minority.
If it was such a problem it wouldā€™ve been brought up when AFB did it, and then Haumole on Sunday. I saw it with my own eyes, I didnā€™t think anything of it but was waiting for the bed-wetters to call it out but they didnā€™t even notice it. They needed an opinion from an article to brainwash them like everything else they have in their lives as they donā€™t have the intellect to form an independent view.
So much for your theory on it not being a problem. They just announced on nrl360 that the nrl will be conducting a review on these particular actions tomorrow.
Also, what's your problem with the slurs: calling people who disagree with you bed-wetters is a pretty cheap shot. Maybe that's all you've got.

NineSportNRL
Police warn NRL about growing criminal 'danger' infiltrating rugby league

The NRL is facing a new and very present danger - organised gang violence.

The early rounds of the junior representative season in Sydney have been marred by scuffles on and off the field.

But it's fighting with a difference, with several of the participants allegedly members of rival Sydney gangs.

Only this week, the NSWRL issued Code of Conduct breach notices to five players, officials and spectators after a second straight weekend of mayhem.

And police fear things will get worse.

"It's the perfect storm for gangs - they known when and where games are being held and who is playing," a police source told Wide World of Sports.

"These gangs are organised and dangerous and security at junior league grounds is not overly strong.

"Gang members see the footy as the ideal place to settle scores and put claims on their turf.

"If it isn't clamped down on soon, the NRL and NSW Rugby League will have real problems on their hands - if they don't already."

NRL boss Peter V'landys is aware of the issue, telling brawling players, fans and parents that they "should go to the UFC" and have nothing to do with rugby league.

The drama has been escalated by Sydney clubs signing young players without doing their due diligence.

"They sign these kids at 14 and 15 and don't really look into their backgrounds or affiliations," one NRL club CEO told Wide World of Sports.

"It's all about winning and signing the best players - nothing about their character and off-field behaviour and it will come back to bite the clubs concerned."

This article sums up what some of us already knew. The last two paragraphs written six months ago is a pretty good summation of where the Manly Club is right now.

The police sources should be considered as highly credible. The information they have is actually under exaggerated if anecdotal accounts of gang association are accurate.

We can as a club continue to ignore the obvious, or we can take the steps necessary to excise the problem.
Awesome signature (GIF) I guess a good thing that could come out the Manase situation as it may become a deterrent for younger players. I canā€™t imagine his younger brothers will want to follow their brothers footsteps even if they believe he is innocent.. I mean the path that put him in the situationā€¦you can only hopeā€¦

Bull**** over reaction by media and fans... No knows the truth, they obviously believe his innocence and obviously there's going to be an appeal.. I dont condone violence or gangs but I've learnt not to pass judgement until you get the facts.. I Many people have been let down by the system before and been proven guilty when they have been innocent.. Media wants to kick is while we are all already down we and divided..this is what they want.. I'll reserve judgement until the fat lady sings.. If I believed my mate was wrongly convicted I'd stand up for him too..

So much for your theory on it not being a problem. They just announced on nrl360 that the nrl will be conducting a review on these particular actions tomorrow.
Also, what's your problem with the slurs: calling people who disagree with you bed-wetters is a pretty cheap shot. Maybe that's all you've got.
Youā€™re really going to get your knickers tied up in a knot over the term ā€œbedwetterā€ hahahah you just proved my point sir, thank you very much.

Didnā€™t say it was no problem, yeah, the ā€œ61ā€ is cringe, however itā€™s barely illegal lol. The review is a given, but nothing will come of it.

Youā€™re worrying over nothing. You are the minority obviously. People wanting players sacked over a little postcode gesture.. give me a break

Passions run deep I been called a lot worse than a bed wetter and maybe deservedly so. :)
I think once the drums start beating starting with the media story and the ensuing public reaction the NRL respond like most corporates do these days. Itā€™s a predictable cycle. If Manase ends up staying in jail long term I think that will serve as a deterrent against following the gang member path as it would have effectively ruined his lifeā€¦

Youā€™re really going to get your knickers tied up in a knot over the term ā€œbedwetterā€ hahahah you just proved my point sir, thank you very much.

Didnā€™t say it was no problem, yeah, the ā€œ61ā€ is cringe, however itā€™s barely illegal lol. The review is a given, but nothing will come of it.

Youā€™re worrying over nothing. You are the minority obviously. People wanting players sacked over a little postcode gesture.. give me a break
What point is that ? You lack the skill-set to have a rational discussion. So you try to project strength by belittling others. In truth it shows you're internally weak.
Let's just see what tomorrows review reveals and we can pick it up from there.

No need to throw up gang signs and imaginary handcuffs to a camera.

Theyā€™re just ****-for-brains, genuinely-bad people. The whole lot are a stain.

You are a big manly fan Bozo. These boys donā€™t care about manly. Scores a try and first instinct is to find the camera and look tough. They are intolerant of innocent people, and now when someone close to them does something ā€œunholyā€ they go down the complete other side of the spectrum and will throw the club under the bus in the way. Mental Gymnastics at its finest, and disrespect, too. They are taking the team for a ride at this point, cut them loose.
Do you think you could be overthinking their signals a bit ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8