Get rid of Lowe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matabele link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=186577.msg318574#msg318574 date=1298877789]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=186577.msg318569#msg318569 date=1298877652]
The owner was a sponsor before he was an owner, applies to both Delmege and Quantam, I keep seeing that point raised with it only applying to delmege

Quantum were no longer a sponsor when they bought in as an owner Kiwi
[/quote]Exactly.
[/quote]

And that proves what? According to a poster (can't remember who, but will find the thread if needed) said the Quatum sponsorship virtually landed in Mayers' lap. And the Delmege deal saved our club.

Now I don't know Mayer and many say he was a great bloke, but how do we actually know he was a great CEO?

He obviously wasn't held in high esteem by the board at the time who voted 5 votes to 2 to punt him. What did he do to get 5 of the 7 board members to vote against him?

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=186577.msg318533#msg318533 date=1298874847]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=186577.msg318520#msg318520 date=1298873976]
you really have a disliking for Lowe don't you Swoop?

There's a few on here like that Dan!!

I think those "in the know" should actually find out if sponsorship is in his job description...maybe it's not?
[/quote]sorry mark. I'm not gettin in to the Lowe debate but I will say it all starts and ends with the CEO he has his heads of each department who are all accountable to him and he is accountable to the share holders and the members
[/quote]

Mark,I can see your point-this may not be in his actual job description.But,as cambo puts it,he is the ceo,and ultimately he is the one who is seen to supposed to be doing something.I think whether it's fair or not,it comes down to a perception thing.We want our ceo to be seen at least trying,which a lot here don't think is happening.

It is up to Penn and Qantum to decide who they have running their business.  If they want Lowe as CEO then it is their money and their decision.

I am sure that will make the right decisions shortly as they won't want to put in more money each year as pretend sponsors

I'm still reaching for words to describe the horrific botch up we witnessed today.

the best I can come up with is "shambolic".

jwaa link said:
Has anyone considered that maybe the owners see value in the sponsorship? Maybe they would rather keep it than sell the space off to someone else?

Its hardly a clear cut admission of defeat. Its an investment based on a belief that they can increase the market value of the sponsorship over the next 12 months

EDIT: For what its worth I think Lowe and Zorba are at the end of the road. If the Penns and Quantum want to maximise the value of the Manly brand, they need to acquire the talent to make it happen.
Now that there is peace at the board level and the club is financially secure the necessary changes can happen

If the owners saw value in being sponsors how come the club was offering a lucrative bonus to any member who could assist them in finding sponsorship.

DSM5 link said:
Vidmar should know.

Football Club board.......Private company board.....maybe not.

But the question does need to be answered because he may not have anything to do with finance / sponsorship.

He's getting blasted from pillar to post on here and I'm not sitting here defending him BUT does the buck stop with him OR is it the two owners who are in charge of that???

Oh everyone - stop your whingeing. Thankfully, Manly look ok this year. You were all told, and you all vented a spleen at me for telling you so about Lowe.

Give him time etc etc etc...

I can't believe YOU of all people DSM5 are having a go. Your his biggest fan.

**** I hope we pump The Storm.

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=jwaa link=topic=186577.msg318581#msg318581 date=1298878685]
Has anyone considered that maybe the owners see value in the sponsorship? Maybe they would rather keep it than sell the space off to someone else?

Its hardly a clear cut admission of defeat. Its an investment based on a belief that they can increase the market value of the sponsorship over the next 12 months

EDIT: For what its worth I think Lowe and Zorba are at the end of the road. If the Penns and Quantum want to maximise the value of the Manly brand, they need to acquire the talent to make it happen.
Now that there is peace at the board level and the club is financially secure the necessary changes can happen

If the owners saw value in being sponsors how come the club was offering a lucrative bonus to any member who could assist them in finding sponsorship.
[/quote]

Sometimes you have to pay for leads.

I'm not his biggest fan Ryan, it's just that I haven't bagged him mercilessly from the time he arrived.  On reflection, I haven't got an ear inside the Penn's bunker, so wouldn't know whether they're happy with this situation.  They well might be.  Who knows?  What does annoy me is the paucity of information coming out of our organization.  I'm a member but haven't received any emails about these latest happenings other than to go along and rant at some Liberals.     

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=186577.msg318574#msg318574 date=1298877789]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=186577.msg318569#msg318569 date=1298877652]
The owner was a sponsor before he was an owner, applies to both Delmege and Quantam, I keep seeing that point raised with it only applying to delmege

Quantum were no longer a sponsor when they bought in as an owner Kiwi
[/quote]Exactly.
[/quote]

Wow that's some pretty nice spin. They had a minor sponsorship hiatus of 3-4 months before buying in and renewing their recently lapsed sponsorship. Bottom line is that both Max and Quantam are/were owners and sponsors concurrently. It's just semantics as to which came first. I see no difference between the Delmege and Quantam situations, so there should be no difference in the way that Mayer and Lowe are regarded in their ability to secure sponsorship. Furthermore, as pointed out by others the Quantam sponsorship was gift wrapped and handed to Mayer anyway.

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=186577.msg318564#msg318564 date=1298877427]
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=186577.msg318533#msg318533 date=1298874847]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=186577.msg318520#msg318520 date=1298873976]
you really have a disliking for Lowe don't you Swoop?

There's a few on here like that Dan!!

I think those "in the know" should actually find out if sponsorship is in his job description...maybe it's not?
[/quote]sorry mark. I'm not gettin in to the Lowe debate but I will say it all starts and ends with the CEO he has his heads of each department who are all accountable to him and he is accountable to the share holders and the members
[/quote]

Mark,I can see your point-this may not be in his actual job description.But,as cambo puts it,he is the ceo,and ultimately he is the one who is seen to supposed to be doing something.I think whether it's fair or not,it comes down to a perception thing.We want our ceo to be seen at least trying,which a lot here don't think is happening.
[/quote]

I see where you are coming from Ayjay but I seem to remember hearing way back when Lowie was first on the staff that the finance / money / funding etc part of the job rested with the owners and not with him...we need to find out IF it is his role....if so blast away, if not he's getting hammered for no reason.

Mark - the report card is in and it has a big F. if Lowe continues then he will just have to repeat the year, and that is not the solution for the Sea Eagles.

Then WTF is he responsible for. Seriously?

Geez you guys are incessant whingers.  Let Penn and Quantum look after their business, they have a lot more business nous than is contained on this forum X 100. If they decide Lowe should be replaced then that's their business, if they decide he should stay that is their business.

Delmege owned Manly, then said he would get them out of the hole by sponsoring them also in the following year, and would immediately step aside from being the major sponsor if and when another sponsor could be found.  And under Meyer Manly wasn't able to find another sponsor.  Correct?

And when Delmege later said how many millions he had invested into Manly the cry from our leading incessant whinger Matabele was that the multi-millions of sponsorship money Delmege poured in wasn't an investment, it was sponsorship and he got good value for that.

Well now, as Dan points out, Manly's value to a sponsor should be significantly higher than what Delmege received - so the value Penn & Quantum receive for their sponsorship is of course much higher.  

If Delmege is presumed to have received fair value for his sponsorship then the same presumption must be accorded to Penn & Quantum.

So Rex thus far how would you rate lowes performance

Rex glosses over the fact that if an external party was found it is $1m in the coffers, regardless of which way you look at it.

Yes Matas that would be $1m extra in Penn's and Quantum's coffers.  Just like if Mayer had found a major sponsor to replace Delmege ...

Sure Dan, Lowe stopped the war that Meyer could only inflame.  Under Lowe's reign we have overwhelmingly had the owners going in one single direction, and a permanent solution to that cancer.  My understanding is that is key to why he was picked.  Job completed.  The rest is secondary and is Penn's & Quantum's right and responsibility to judge going forward, not mine. I suspect they have a tad more inside info than the rest of us here. Personally, as a mere fan, I'm focused on the footy.

If the buck stops at the top, then Penn and Quantum are the top.

Matabele link said:
Rex glosses over the fact that if an external party was found it is $1m in the coffers, regardless of which way you look at it.

No-one disputes that. The Delmege deal wasn't done by Mayer and according to one poster who has posted many details of the Quantum sponsorship said that it virtually landed in Mayer's lap.

You'd think a club who has had 3 successful companies as owner/sponsors would be able to identify the problems of the front office and fix it. Apparently by their in-action all is well.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6