Get rid of Lowe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
you really have a disliking for Lowe don't you Swoop?

dsm, why? worst condition of ground in nrl and worst for corporate seating, behind the times website with team info, battles with vocal residents, very poor media when we are in it, very few Friday night games. Who would give a million a year for that??

No wonder we haven't got a major sponsor, we AREN'T ANY VALUE FOR MONEY!!!!

I have always liked Lowe but he ain't the answer. I'm sick of rallies for funds, done 3 so far, the Abbott one was cringeworthy. A new CEO and media manager and more media will change this.

Dan link said:

What are you talking about? I don't dislike any of them because I don't know them personally.

I really have a dislike for the way our once great club is being  run?

**** me, I'll give credit where credit's due but there seems to be way too many out of the depth in our ranks.

Dan link said:

There's a few on here like that Dan!!

I think those "in the know" should actually find out if sponsorship is in his job description...maybe it's not?

Woops meant Zorba....trying to do 3 things at once :)

Mark from Brisbane link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=186577.msg318520#msg318520 date=1298873976]

I think those "in the know" should actually find out if sponsorship is in his job description...maybe it's not?
[/quote]

well what else does he do then ?

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=186577.msg318533#msg318533 date=1298874847]

[/quote]

well what else does he do then ?
[/quote]

Sorry I mean dislike for Zorba, trying to do too many things at once

Good point Mark. Maybe he doesn't have to do anything at all? (In which case he's been a resounding success.)

swoop link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=186577.msg318534#msg318534 date=1298874877]

I think he's out of his depth Dan, where was the media?
[/quote]

They were at the announcement. There was a photo on Facebook with penn standing there surrounded by Journo's

Post  automatically merged: [time]1298875569[/time]

by the way I do not disagree. But I think the club has larger issues that Zorba and we should be focusing on changing the things that desperately need changing first

Dan link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=186577.msg318541#msg318541 date=1298875366]

[/quote]

They were at the announcement. There was a photo on Facebook with penn standing there surrounded by Journo's

by the way I do not disagree. But I think the club has larger issues that Zorba and we should be focusing on changing the things that desperately need changing first
[/quote]

Exactly right. But as C&C said in a post on another thread, Mayer did not cop the same treatment when Delmege bought in as sponsored us.

We are not comparing Apples to apples though are we?

1 - The owner was a sponsor before he was an owner and likely already signed up on a 2 - 3 years deal
2 - The sponsor signed on as an owner to save the club (kudos max)
3 - We were a bottom of the table mess on the verge of collapse, extremely poor looking investment
4 - Mayer at the end of Delmege's tenure and despite certain public opposition managed to secure Quantum as a Sponsor, who are now an owner
5 - Mayer had a lot less to prove as he had proved his worth on several occassions
6 - Lowe has done very little to earn the respect of and credibility with the fans
7 - We are in a different era where our brand *should* have despite some obvious poor media attention been able to sell the brand for a good dollar. In fact we should have been easily able to overcome the problems and a good CEO would have been able to do that
8 - The fact that it appeared we were out of our depth and a callout was put out to fans probably sealed Lowe's fate with the fans.
9 - If the fans view Lowe like this, imagine what the business world thinks.

There are many more things that make the two uncomparable but the first few points most of all.

Lowe is probably a really great and decent guy, I have no doubt in fact, and I wish him the best, but it is my personal opinion that I do not think he is an adequate CEO for the Sea Eagles.

Dan link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=186577.msg318541#msg318541 date=1298875366]

[/quote]

[/quote]  The journos must have been buckling with hilarity at a major sporting club holding a no-sponsor announcement in the middle of a paddock on a random headland.  In some respects non-reporting of this announcement will be better than the press running with it as the joke it is. 

I would presume the CEO signed off on this circus, but really the whole front office needs to look at themselves to work out if they did their very best.  I doubt any one person in there could be proud of this debacle, Zorba included.

Mark from Brisbane link said:

[/quote]sorry mark. I'm not gettin in to the Lowe debate but I will say it all starts and ends with the CEO he has his heads of each department who are all accountable to him and he is accountable to the share holders and the members

The owner was a sponsor before he was an owner, applies to both Delmege and Quantam, I keep seeing that point raised with it only applying to delmege

Kiwi Eagle link said:
The owner was a sponsor before he was an owner, applies to both Delmege and Quantam, I keep seeing that point raised with it only applying to delmege

Quantum were no longer a sponsor when they bought in as an owner Kiwi

Dan link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=186577.msg318569#msg318569 date=1298877652]

Quantum were no longer a sponsor when they bought in as an owner Kiwi
[/quote]Exactly.

Who knows how the sponsorship thing has panned out.  

They could have had company's offering too little for the front of the jersey as the season is on us, and may have done the right thing in not discounting it.

Who knows?

What we do know is that they had all of last year to get someone on board, and even with 3 of our first four games on channel nine this season still couldn't hook a sponsor.

If we have a winning start the sponsorship scenario could change.

Has anyone considered that maybe the owners see value in the sponsorship? Maybe they would rather keep it than sell the space off to someone else?

Its hardly a clear cut admission of defeat. Its an investment based on a belief that they can increase the market value of the sponsorship over the next 12 months

EDIT: For what its worth I think Lowe and Zorba are at the end of the road. If the Penns and Quantum want to maximise the value of the Manly brand, they need to acquire the talent to make it happen.
Now that there is peace at the board level and the club is financially secure the necessary changes can happen

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8