George or Kitey?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

who do you want to stay?

• George

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Kitey

Votes: 42 68.9%

• Total voters
Brookie said:
if we have to offload one to keep snake, who would you prefer to see stay?

Its really pathetic that we are IN this position in the first place.
But really, who has the most 'future' in him ? George.
Who has the most consistent game, work ethic ? Brent.
Who is more likely to turn a game ? George.
Who is more likely to intimidate the opposition, ? George.

Its GR 3 to 1.

Hard choice, both great club men but both (sadly so) not absolute must haves.

Kitey has been good for a long time and is one of the nicest most approachable players (from a fans perspective) that we have and big George is almost like a cult hero for many.

I hope both can stay BUT if we had to lose one I'd say Kitey, purely on an age and how much more we would get out of him basis.

i voted Kitey, more with my heart than head as he is a mate of mine.
but yeah Georgey boy has more game time left in him and is a cult figure!

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Brookie said:
if we have to offload one to keep snake, who would you prefer to see stay?

Its really pathetic that we are IN this position in the first place.
But really, who has the most 'future' in him ? George.
Who has the most consistent game, work ethic ? Brent.
Who is more likely to turn a game ? George.
Who is more likely to intimidate the opposition, ? George.

Its GR 3 to 1.

The only way George is going to turn a game is by missing tackles.

I'll stick with Tooves on this one. George can go.

Give me Kitey any day. Don't know what the hype about Rose is other than his personality; he's not that good.

Kite would be on more $$ than George surely?? Would offloading George free up enough space for Snake's contract to be registered??

I dont think either player has a future with Manly after this season anyhow. In saying that, Kite is a more proven player, with a better track record, and offers more consistency to our team.

Bye Bye Gorgeous George.

Kite has been a starting front rower at this club for 8 years.

Rose is a benchy who sat out almost half of last season.

Kite is a Churchill medalist, Origin player and Kangaroo player.

Rose has managed to play for the Aboriginal all stars.

Kite for me every day

I believe that wests tigers want George due to a few of their front rowers being injured

Tooves didn't give George much of a go last year so I think that says who will go first if one has to leave

There may not be a choice in the matter because they may be on different pay, the answer could come back to who ever provides enough cap space so Stewart can play round 1.

Kite has had a fabulous career at Manly but is closer the end then the middle of his career.
George has potential and media personality but that doesn't win comps.
I couldn't vote because I love them both.

If I were running things I'd call all my top 25 in, including Snake, and ask them all to unite in shaving a small percentage off their 2013 salary to keep both George and Kitey.
I would want my team mates to do that for me. I know this is probably not a real world scenario in the NRL but what a great positive headline a story like this would be for Manly.

Hate to see either go, but i voted for George to stay purely because it frees up more cap space if Kitey leaves. Yes, George could leave and we could scrape Brett in this year, but then this same subject will more than likely pop up again in 2014. Also, the club has just used George in the membership campaign and you can imagine the criticism the club would recieve if he was shown the door.

Gee whiz we've lost some size in our forwards.
T Rex
Darcy
Vic
(Rose or Kite)

And with Buhrer, Choc, Horo, and Gifty it's not like we have size in the back row to cover losing 3 props and a huge second rower. Compare our fwds to the Bunnies, Dogs, Cows and even the Roosters and Titans, it's hard to see us dominating the physical battles. Our pack has been an intimidating force for years-it would seem that is now over.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6