George or Kitey?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

who do you want to stay?

• George

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Kitey

Votes: 42 68.9%

• Total voters
Kitey to go.
Apart from the pay packet, IMO doesn't make the metres. Scrapping in 100m is unacceptable for a starting prop most are pushing 140-150 a game.
Has the odd good game but then plateaus.

Rex said:
And that size and go-forward is how we won with your namesake in '87. Kevin Ward was absolutely crucial to that premiership.

Wasn't he awesome, tough rugged toothless pommy warrior!

joeboy said:
Which fringe props look most likely to step up if this eventuates?

I would say Lawrence and Fa'aoso. I was hoping that Kite, King, Joe and George would fire and give us the option of using Lawrence and to a lesser degree Fa'aoso in the back row to give us some extra grunt. Even if Sao gets a crack it's not like he's a big unit, he only weighs a tad over 100kg. It's the lack of size that has me most worried about our penetration this year. I'll be very happy to be wrong.

To me it's what they can offer the club now and long term.
Kitey wins on both counts.
He may not make the metres that most of us want but experience and leadership count for a lot.
He can still cut it - he should have played Origin last year- and has backed himself to do so again and has a proven track record.
His all round game is superior though may not have the impact of other props but he'll play 60+ good minutes v George's 30 lucky dip minutes and I've yet to see George break games open consistently.
It aint all about line breaks and fancy stuff, front rowers need to do the tight stuff again and again.
We've never had a whisper of poor attitude, poor work ethic, etc - even going back to his Canberra and Saints days- isn't this what you need in your club to show the others what's expected of a professional footballer?
Future coaching staff / mentor / admin he'll be.
Yes, I know we're talking $$ here but it's a no brainer really.
As long as our forwards can hold their own, we've got the weapons to be more than competitive

What a time for any of the Boys to have to fit in at a new Club:mad:

Don't understand how the increase in marqee Player allowance and the Salary Cap has Manly in this situation.

Hope that Snake has no guilt building up about this eventuality :(

Wishing either or both Kitey and George a motza at their new Club in case it comes to that:angel:

HappilyManly said:
What a time for any of the Boys to have to fit in at a new Club:mad:

Don't understand how the increase in marqee Player allowance and the Salary Cap has Manly in this situation.

I was thinking the same thing. I thought with those increases Snakes contract would have no problems being signed.

IAN SCHUBERT should go.

How can this be going on when we are 7 days out from teh season start.
Different when to Rooters want someone it happens in days...even if the guy has an un accredited manager.

Time for an independant auditor to do the salary cap/contract negotiations.

It cant be left to a life member of an NRL club

For all the talk of clubmen etc, wouldn't it be nice if everyone could come together and agree to take a bit of a pay cut to keep the squad together. I understand this has occured with AFL clubs in the past.

If anyone goes to keep Snake, rather than getting stuck into the NRL, some of the blood needs to be on Snake and his manager's hands.

I know that might be an unpopular view but it has to be said.

i wonder how brett feels knowing that we offloaded foran & mauro, and now the possiblity of losing kite and rose just to keep him?

Brookie said:
i wonder how brett feels knowing that we offloaded foran & mauro, and now the possiblity of losing kite and rose just to keep him?

It's not Brett's decision who goes or who stays. He is entitled to secure his future and I'm glad that it is with us.

Jason Seage was signed from the Eels after Foran left - assuming on minimum NRL wage of $55K so even at that stage we must have been confident of getting the Stewart deal over the line.

In terms of a replacement for Kitey & Rose - James Cunningham anyone?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2