[Resurrected] Geoff Toovey would return to Brookvale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It wont happen and thanks for dragging up an old thread of mine 4 years old.

I would love to see it as my profile pic suggests I am one of 2v's biggest supporters but he is not the solution we need to be our next coach.

Last edited:
Heard on 2SM that Toovey is the smokie to replace Des. Seibold is a smoke screen

Can't see it happening, but will be fun to talk about for a few hours.
I wouldn't pay any credence to anything you hear on 2SM, they use work experience kids as reporters and newsreaders

The fact is while ever the Penn family own the club there is NO chance that Tooves will ever be allowed to coach! Its a shame as he has so much to offer and I would love him to be a CEO of the club as he would connect with the fans and members so easily!
The fact that Tooves hasn't been able to land a coaching gig since 2016 must say something, loved Tooves when he was playing, but something must have been amiss in 2015, I have a feeling he lost the change room.

The fact is while ever the Penn family own the club there is NO chance that Tooves will ever be allowed to coach! Its a shame as he has so much to offer and I would love him to be a CEO of the club as he would connect with the fans and members so easily!
They said that about Des 4-5 years ago!

Just sayin’

Oh man - I was happily reading this thread thinking "wow great to see Toovey still passionate about Manly and wanting to get involved".
I then saw "John Cartwright was favourite for the coaching job" and instantly realised this article is as old and irrelevant as bat****e.

Totally April Fooled. NYEagle brain is in off-season mode. :(

NYEagle

I wouldn't pay any credence to anything you hear on 2SM, they use work experience kids as reporters and newsreaders
Stumbled onto a news bulletin of theirs while switching stations in the car and I couldn't believe the kid reading the news. It was like she'd never seen a word in her life, let alone attempted to read them together!

i love toovey, still has that passion and drive, that I think Dessy as lost over the years
I don’t think Hasler has lost the ‘passion and drive’. If he had, he might have already gone. If anything, he might be worn down by the regular instability around the place.

Ask anyone who is about to, or has reached, retirement age. Des is in that ballpark. It’s easy to appear disinterested to other people. You have reached the point where you just want to retire, in part because you are being told what to do by people young enough to be your children. In turn, they are sometimes lacking the self-awareness to understand that you neither need nor appreciate their ‘career advice’!

Hasler has Mestrov, whose last experience at Brookvale was as a (very junior) part-time first grader. He might turn out to be a great CEO. But right now he looks like he is there to do Penn’s bidding. Then there is Penn. Footballing wise, everything he touches seemingly turns to sh-t.

Imagine being in Hasler’s shoes?

I don’t think Hasler has lost the ‘passion and drive’. If he had, he might have already gone. If anything, he might be worn down by the regular instability around the place.

Ask anyone who is about to, or has reached, retirement age. Des is in that ballpark. It’s easy to appear disinterested to other people. You have reached the point where you just want to retire, in part because you are being told what to do by people young enough to be your children. In turn, they are sometimes lacking the self-awareness to understand that you neither need nor appreciate their ‘career advice’!

Hasler has Mestrov, whose last experience at Brookvale was as a (very junior) part-time first grader. He might turn out to be a great CEO. But right now he looks like he is there to do Penn’s bidding. Then there is Penn. Footballing wise, everything he touches seemingly turns to sh-t.

Imagine being in Hasler’s shoes?
Obviously something went wrong. The players folded like a deck chair, if the coached was respected they would have gone to bat for him.

I know people still think Tooves was hard done by and who knows maybe he was initially .....but since we punted him he has applied for every job on the planet bar being Captain of The Love Boat or the next Batman ..... and been passed over for any decent one.

That ship has sailed.

Stumbled onto a news bulletin of theirs while switching stations in the car and I couldn't believe the kid reading the news. It was like she'd never seen a word in her life, let alone attempted to read them together!
I recently heard a radio national announcer pronounce “belle epoque” as belle e-poke

I know people still think Tooves was hard done by and who knows maybe he was initially .....but since we punted him he has applied for every job on the planet bar being Captain of The Love Boat or the next Batman ..... and been passed over for any decent one.

That ship has sailed.
Alfie runs the water for broncos no matter what, but I guess he isn’t a chartered accountant in his spare time.

Toovey is on the coaching staff of the nsw women’s origin team and the rats.

That ship has sailed.

Statistically, in the top 50 of NRL coaches, EVER. In fact, 15th best in the entire history of Rugby League for any coach who's coached over 100 games.

46.TOOVEY, Geoff1969-06-171056143158.1List

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8