Genuine Thoughts about Hasler 12 months on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des should be remembered as a Manly legend. Unfortunately for many of us he won't be. I was at Brookie last year after we won the Grand Final to cheer the players when they returned with the trophy. I chanted "Dessie, Dessie, Dessie" as loud as anyone when the players hoisted him on their shoulders and paraded him around. The manner in which he departed the club though pretty much destroyed the respect I had for him. To leave is fine, that's life but he tried to tear the place down and leave us with nothing.

No respect for the guy what so ever , unfortunatly his attitude (money before principles) and the slimy way he went about leaving the club and his team is the way of the world these days.

Hasler is a dog, plain and simple.

I hope everything horrible in life happens to him and the dogs - starting Sunday.

Am I over his treachery? Clearly I'm not and never will be.

Manly and Melbourne have the best rivalry in RL today. I hate Melbourne!

But i'm going for them in the GF. Most Manly fans i talk to are the same.

He is the best Coach currently in Australia, but he is a DOG at heart!

It sickens me to think I stood there chanting Dessie Dessie at brookie last year as they paraded the trophy and Des sprouting about going B2B all the while this bastard had stitched up a deal at the dogs and was planning to take us apart at the same time. His greed and self interest cost us a title this year same as Bedlamy's actions cost us 2007. Who is worse in our eyes, well obviously Des as his actions were directed at us as opposed to Bedlamy shafting the whole NRL.

I think the other thing that showed his lack of character and class was coming out recently when Manly were looking good and basically telling everyone that Toovey had done well cos he hadnt changed the coaching 'structures' that he'd laid down. The guy has been comprehensively exposed as an arsehole and I wish him all the worst on sunday.

sean1976 said:
I think the other thing that showed his lack of character and class was coming out recently when Manly were looking good and basically telling everyone that Toovey had done well cos he hadnt changed the coaching 'structures' that he'd laid down. The guy has been comprehensively exposed as an arsehole and I wish him all the worst on sunday.
You have a link for that? Or have you just 'paraphrased' something quite different in order to put an anti-Hasler spin on it?

This club, and specifically its fan base, will never move forward while consumed with an irrational anger and rage. Especially one directed at a person who spent most of his working life tirelessly helping our club continue its great record of success. For decades he was as Manly as anyone - we may as well be hating ourselves.

He left. Just get over it. We don't need him now. We don't need to pretend he is the devil incarnate. We don't need to invent dastardly deeds supposedly perpetrated by our erstwhile golden boy.

He was never the saint, but never claimed to be. He has far more good qualities than bad. But he's against us now, so we'll revel in the challenge, but seriously folks, there is nothing to fear here. And therefore, nothing to hate.

The fear was Manly might wilt and wither, but that isn't going to happen. On the contrary, the club is on an even keel and the future looks bright. I'll boo Des as loudly as the next person, but I can't find any hatred for him, despite reading all the rumours here - again, and again, and again. He's merely a footy coach. True, he's no longer the golden-haired boy. But that's his loss, as much as ours.

I'd say he's thoroughly vindicated himself. He has taken a roster that most here were deriding 12 months ago to a Grand Final. September turnover for the Bulldogs will be in excess of $1m. And to think he was essentially forced out of the club because elements within the club thought they should audit his every move.

Did anybody see him tonight on the footy show he didn't even have the balls to say manly ,all he said was " we had a lot of success over there " top bloke that doggler.....

SeaEagleRock8 said:
sean1976 said:
You have a link for that? Or have you just 'paraphrased' something quite different in order to put an anti-Hasler spin on it?

This club, and specifically its fan base, will never move forward while consumed with an irrational anger and rage. Especially one directed at a person who spent most of his working life tirelessly helping our club continue its great record of success. For decades he was as Manly as anyone - we may as well be hating ourselves.

He left. Just get over it. We don't need him now. We don't need to pretend he is the devil incarnate. We don't need to invent dastardly deeds supposedly perpetrated by our erstwhile golden boy.

He was never the saint, but never claimed to be. He has far more good qualities than bad. But he's against us now, so we'll revel in the challenge, but seriously folks, there is nothing to fear here. And therefore, nothing to hate.

The fear was Manly might wilt and wither, but that isn't going to happen. On the contrary, the club is on an even keel and the future looks bright. I'll boo Des as loudly as the next person, but I can't find any hatred for him, despite reading all the rumours here - again, and again, and again. He's merely a footy coach. True, he's no longer the golden-haired boy. But that's his loss, as much as ours.

Understand what you are saying, but the media are making him out to be the Mesiah this week, and of course we are going to bite. The dickheads in the media know that our passion for the Eagles will get a bite. I don't have an issue with Des leaving for the money, I don't think the majority do, but the way he tried to poach players and staff lacks class, something that Bennet was never guilty of.

Ho hum. I've listened to the incessant rants about his character and what a dog he is since last October.

He asked for what he thought the market value was and was turned down flat. So he tested what was out there. Boo hoo. He is a man like anybody else in employment who realised continuing within the current structure was never going to work.

Anybody else been in that situation? Thought about seeking better opportunities? Thought, gee I had a good team and my life would be easier if I took a few others who have done the job with me? If you haven't then you won't have been in a high pressure results orientated position where these things happen.

Face it - we lost the best coach in the NRL due to Board in-fighting and interference. Footy may be close to a religion for the fans where right and wrong is absolute black and white but in real life it just isn't like that. I know all the stories about how Des was controlling and only did things that suited his pocket. Some claims might be justified but we lost the best coach due to ineptitude and this year he is coaching a team in the GF. Not hard to work out who made the mistake.

Hasler left because he wanted a million dollars a year and we simply didn't have the money to offer him that much at the time.

No one has said he should have knocked back double his salary, it's what he did after he signed with the dogs that we are disgusted about.

And yes SER8 (in your reply to sean1976)......i remember him saying on the sports news that Geoff didn't have to change anything at Manly as he himself laid the foundations for the way they play. He basically took credit for Manly this year also and made sure Geoff didn't get any!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
sean1976 said:

I read that as well. sean1976's account is accurate.

@[sean1976]

manlywarringah said:
Hasler left because he wanted a million dollars a year and we simply didn't have the money to offer him that much at the time.

No one has said he should have knocked back double his salary, it's what he did after he signed with the dogs that we are disgusted about.

This is spot on, despite what others have said about boards / infighting blah blah blah.

He wanted more money, we couldn't afford it (they could), we lost, bad luck get over it!!

BUT

It's the way (and how) it went down....pure De$ Ha$ler.....THAT is what I can't get over.

If you compare the movement of Wayne Bennett (for exactly the same reason) from Brisbane to St George it tells a complete different story.

Oh by the way I do admire him, he is obviously a genius and if we still had him maybe we'd be playing in the big dance on Sunday...but I will NEVER forgive him for the manner in which he left......never!!

Hasler is right where he belongs. In amongst the selfish cheating scumbag of a club that has always been and always will be the anal sphincter of Sydney.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4