Genuine Thoughts about Hasler 12 months on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Genuine Thoughts about Hasler 12 months on

Hey people I got a msg from Adam Lucius from sportal.com.au

The Message
Just trying to get a handle on what Manly fans think re:Des

Being genuine gets people ostracized around these parts.

That being said, my opinion is:-

+ Manly have lost the best coach alive today in the game;
+ Manly have lost arguably the best recruitment team in the game;
+ We have regressed on the field, in the playing ranks and behind the bench.

DSM5 said:
Did we ever finish higher than fourth the year after we won a GF?

Who cares. We are talking about this past season. No more, no less. Just because of a result four, eight, ten years ago, doesn't mean that should relate to this past season.

Also has nothing to do with losing the best coach, recruitment & supplementary staff in the game.

I reckon The Bulldogs will go pretty well next year as well.

I also hate them more than The Storm, who I will be barracking for this Sunday while I down a thousand cold ones.

Ripped the heart out of the club the way he departed. Left alot earlier than he or Greenturd will admit to,and his handling of player re-signings was very dubious to say the least.

The players should've of been celebrating a premiership but he put a stop to that as well.

Left Tooves high and dry taking nearly the whole coaching staff.

Also tried to poach 3 star players ( this is verified by Donny Singe) and luckily was only successful getting Trex.

Hard to forgive with a rap sheet like that.

good luck des, but the way you carried on and how you left the place will never be forgotten my me...

knowing that you had secretly signed elsewhere and then locking all our ageing forwards up with contracts leaving all the young up n coming talent free so you could try and ruin our mighty club, that was disgraceful!

actually de$, you can go get ripped!
dog act, so i guess you've gone to the right club!

Des Hasler is hands down the best Rugby League coach on earth.

He is also a very smug and dishonest human being who should know that noone was, is or ever will be bigger than the Manly Sea Eagles.

I think Hasler is a very good coach got us to 3 grandfinals and won 2. What more can you ask from someone who coaches Manly. I think that with Haslers success it was only a matter of time before a club with a lot more money poached him. I did not expect half the staff to go as well, just goes to show how stinking rich the dogs are.

I'm still bitter about the way he tries to rip apart the club he played for with passion, and coached with skill and commitment.
I would have had no ill feelings if he had moved in a professional and businesslike way - for more money, greater challenges etc. But he was vindictive and his behaviour was unbecoming of a man we all thought had great scruples.
He is a great coach, but not a great man.

Honestly.... as a manly fan ill admit it, im still hurting over des leaving. I believe we let slip the best coach and leader the game has to offer and its dissapointing that some say the reason he left the club he called home as player and coach was because he was "unhappy". I guess its a little bit sour at the moment because of how well the bulldogs are going and the things he has been able to achieve in only one season.

In saying that Tooves has done a outstanding job this season with everything that has happen and dramas behind the scenes, but i guess his real test as a coach will be in the next 3-4 years when this champion core group of players start to retire and he is left with the job of developing the next group of young manly players coming through to try remain as competitive & successful as we have been for the last 6 or so years, the one thing Hasler was soooo good at was getting the best out of and developing young playings into 1st grade footballers.

In saying that i do believe signing cheza and foz to long term deals was a massive step in the right direction and i believe these 2 blokes if they stay with us we can build another champion team around so long as we can keep maintaining their development and coaching.

Mr InviswannahangoutnobigDEAL! said:
I think Hasler is a very good coach got us to 3 grandfinals and won 2. What more can you ask from someone who coaches Manly.

Winning eight grand finals in eight years as the coach.

My response if Hasler were to frame the question to me would be: "I don't think of you."

I will never forgive or forget Hasler's departuture from Manly. He is a conniving, greedy and selfish man who tried to bend us over on his way out. The club is a better place without him.

Best coach - yes
Loyalty and ethics - he has none and I won't forgive him
Moved on and over it - yes I have

People say I should blame the manly board ,de$ is no saint either !

Meh, Dessie Schmessie. I don't get all that attached to coaches to be honest. The guy obviously knows what he is doing as his record speaks for itself, but do the ends justify the means ? Life goes on, from a Manly fan point of view I don't wish him any success, least of all at the Bulldogs.

Toovey is where it is at as far as MWSE are concerned, so no point crying over spilt milk.

Earnie the Eagle said:
The way he left Manly will take more than 12 months to be forgotten, if ever.

To be ever be forgiven...not in my lifetime.

I think you meant "To be NEVER forgiven....not in my lifetime"

If so I agree 110% with this.

There might be some doubters out there about the "real reason" he left but from what I have gleaned it was "all about power for Des and money" and when he couldn't get either he set about a plan to destroy the club where his very portrait still hangs (and that is a "moot point" for me as well).

And so this is why, in my lifetime De$ Ha$ler will NEVER be allowed back into my heart.

I have said elsewhere I hope an Alien Spaceship comes down on Sunday and zaps both teams....but only as long as as the last zap is saved for that arsehole!!

So sorry Adam........NOT over it!!

the mauler said:
Ripped the heart out of the club the way he departed. Left alot earlier than he or Greenturd will admit to,and his handling of player re-signings was very dubious to say the least.

The players should've of been celebrating a premiership but he put a stop to that as well.

Left Tooves high and dry taking nearly the whole coaching staff.

Also tried to poach 3 star players ( this is verified by Donny Singe) and luckily was only successful getting Trex.

Hard to forgive with a rap sheet like that.

^
...and this!

Ryan said:
DSM5 said:
Did we ever finish higher than fourth the year after we won a GF?

Who cares. We are talking about this past season. No more, no less. Just because of a result four, eight, ten years ago, doesn't mean that should relate to this past season.

Also has nothing to do with losing the best coach, recruitment & supplementary staff in the game.

I reckon The Bulldogs will go pretty well next year as well.

I also hate them more than The Storm, who I will be barracking for this Sunday while I down a thousand cold ones.

I thinks it means a lot, Ryan. Most 'experts' had Manly gone before the season started, then started on the conjecture about Des moving on our playing group. More board room ruptures, runs of injuries and suspensions and some horror scheduling at various times of the year.

You could be forgiven that the club sans Des was ready to give up without firing a shot on the 2012 season and people would be ready to accept that as the likely outcome.

But it didn't happen.

We had some inconsistancy a times but we also saw a rookie coaching group pull the on-field and support elements of the club together, enough to see us retain the key players we were supposed to have lost (because of Des, apparantly).

Like a young talent in the game having a scratchy season after missing a good pre-season, we've now got the key players on and off the field more prepared and hungry for a better result next season.

Des was never the be-all and end-all of the club, just as no one person has ever been for us. He leaves a legacy that can be built on, but he also developed those traits during his time at the club over two decades...it works both ways.

The positive to take is that for every great that moves on in the game, there is a future champion waiting for his chance to show his worth.

Now is Toovey's time.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7