General NRL chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
See Bulldogs picked up Braiden Burns

They are just collecting outside backs Dufty, Addo-Carr, Cotric, Allen, Burns, Schoupp, Tui Katoa, Okunbur (who is admittedly awful).

If Averillo aint in the halves probs be fighting for a centre spot
Plus Naden.

As 40 nil posted, Benji retiring.

South Sydney star Benji Marshall will officially retire from rugby league today.
The Rabbitohs have arranged a 2pm (AEDT) press conference in Brisbane to formally end the career of one of rugby league’s greatest players.

Marshall, 36, debuted for the Wests Tigers back in 2003, his final match being last Sunday’s grand final loss to Penrith.

it’s understood Marshall made the decision during the finals, but wanted to keep the spotlight away from him and on his side’s grand final preparation.

As 40 nil posted, Benji retiring.

South Sydney star Benji Marshall will officially retire from rugby league today.
The Rabbitohs have arranged a 2pm (AEDT) press conference in Brisbane to formally end the career of one of rugby league’s greatest players.

Marshall, 36, debuted for the Wests Tigers back in 2003, his final match being last Sunday’s grand final loss to Penrith.

it’s understood Marshall made the decision during the finals, but wanted to keep the spotlight away from him and on his side’s grand final preparation.

Great career.

Didn't like him much when young but really matured.

Looking forward to him going full time at Fox

I see the West Tugers have released a new logo design and marketing slogan. Apparently it's going to be "A New Era" for the club . . .
If only commissioning some new graphics equated to on-field success.

I see the West Tugers have released a new logo design and marketing slogan. Apparently it's going to be "A New Era" for the club . . .
If only commissioning some new graphics equated to on-field success.
I'd like to see the Tigers make the 8, they've suffered too long.

I mean it wont happen but I'd like to see it

ANOTHER CLEAL GOES FROM THE BUSH TO BONDI

If rugby league bloodlines count for anything, the Sydney Roosters have signed another outstanding young NRL prospect.

Liam Cleal, 18, is the nephew of club legends Noel and Les Cleal, the barnstorming “bushranger” brothers who took the NRL by storm in the early 1980s.

Like his uncles, Liam hails from Warialda in the state’s central west, and is just as adventurous.

Err... if he is as good as the article hints at, and his uncle is our 'scout'... what's the go there?

If you wanna read a 45688726453672182473078463105478556243578 th article on how hastings has gone from a dick to the 'next coming' (pun intended)....

NRL 2021: Wests Tigers signing Jackson Hastings opens up about his return to Australia

-I'm not posting the article as I can't be fooked

Tigers under fire
Parents of many Wests Tigers juniors are up in arms over the way their kids have been treated by the club.

The Tigers have brought several new recruits in from Queensland, cutting local juniors in the SG Ball Cup and other grades as a result.

wwos

On Tuesday afternoon, Leilua denied the reports (of a train and trial contract) in a strongly-worded Instagram post that also targeted Maguire, suggesting the Tigers coach never took responsibility following defeats.

“This is another lie,” he wrote. “Never got offered to go there for a train and trial.

“Get your facts right!

“Btw I wouldn’t play for someone that blames the team all the time! And not once himself! #Madge.”

Bring back two referees, get teams onside, stop making late rule changes, review the NRL’s head contact clampdown and overhaul the judiciary process.
These are the burning issues that will be raised as all 16 clubs prepare to vent their frustrations – and offer praise - during specially planned meetings over four days with NRL management next week.

News Corp can reveal four clubs will have zoom meetings over four days, with the respective teams’ head coach, CEO, head of football and high performance manager asked to attend.

So , which God for each rugby league coach?
I was just reminded of this again, it's old from 2009 finals but has some classic lines, I'm sure you'll love the bit on Des, and the Ivan Henjack comment also cracked me up

The rugby league players’ union has called for a review of the fine system for minor on-field offences as part of the NRL’s sweeping inquest into the match review committee and judiciary.
It comes as a revelation that fines, which start at $1500, rose by 500 per cent in 2021.

There were 39 fines for grade one offences last year compared to a huge 187 in 2021.

It’s understood senior RLPA representatives Daly Cherry-Evans, Wade Graham and Kurt Capewell have urged the NRL to restructure the fining of players amid a sharp rise in the number of grade one charges in 2021.

Haas, agent on Supreme Court collision course​

November 21, 2021 — 5.30am

Haas is taking on Chris Orr and Pacific Sports Management. The player and his lawyer say he is no longer represented by the company, and now he isn’t even paying them his fees – an amount that would run into the hundreds of thousands over his years represented by Orr – stemming from his current deal that he signed while with them.
What’s more, notice has been provided that his lawyer Abdullah Reslan from King’s Law is seeking to retrieve any fees that Haas has paid the company in the past. That is the issue that could see the parties end up in court but Haas is motivated to go down that path.

Sources have advised that as of Wednesday the Broncos had ceased deducting fees from Haas to pay Chris Orr and Pacific Sports after notice was provided by Reslan.
Haas is unhappy with his current salary when compared to what other players were earning. The 21-year-old is a $1million player earning about $600,000. As a result, Haas’ file was obtained and sent to his lawyer where various issues were identified, including how his management deal came about.
At the centre of the dispute is that Haas was asked to sign a six-year management agreement the day before the NRL’s 2018 player agents scheme was brought in. Under that 2018 scheme, there is no maximum term for contracts between players and agents but after two years a player can terminate an agreement by providing three months’ notice to the agent.
It is understood Haas was not made aware of the scheme when he signed that deal under the old rules, where he would be locked into the entirety of his management contract. Questions were raised about whether the agent was acting in his client’s best interests.

As a result, a termination notice was provided to Orr and his lawyers on Thursday, November 11, giving them until the next Monday at 4pm to take the matter to the Supreme Court to seek an injunction to stop Haas from ending the contractual relationship. That opportunity was not taken up by Orr.
We approached Orr and he declined to comment.

Haas, agent on Supreme Court collision course​

November 21, 2021 — 5.30am

Haas is taking on Chris Orr and Pacific Sports Management. The player and his lawyer say he is no longer represented by the company, and now he isn’t even paying them his fees – an amount that would run into the hundreds of thousands over his years represented by Orr – stemming from his current deal that he signed while with them.
What’s more, notice has been provided that his lawyer Abdullah Reslan from King’s Law is seeking to retrieve any fees that Haas has paid the company in the past. That is the issue that could see the parties end up in court but Haas is motivated to go down that path.

Sources have advised that as of Wednesday the Broncos had ceased deducting fees from Haas to pay Chris Orr and Pacific Sports after notice was provided by Reslan.
Haas is unhappy with his current salary when compared to what other players were earning. The 21-year-old is a $1million player earning about $600,000. As a result, Haas’ file was obtained and sent to his lawyer where various issues were identified, including how his management deal came about.
At the centre of the dispute is that Haas was asked to sign a six-year management agreement the day before the NRL’s 2018 player agents scheme was brought in. Under that 2018 scheme, there is no maximum term for contracts between players and agents but after two years a player can terminate an agreement by providing three months’ notice to the agent.
It is understood Haas was not made aware of the scheme when he signed that deal under the old rules, where he would be locked into the entirety of his management contract. Questions were raised about whether the agent was acting in his client’s best interests.

As a result, a termination notice was provided to Orr and his lawyers on Thursday, November 11, giving them until the next Monday at 4pm to take the matter to the Supreme Court to seek an injunction to stop Haas from ending the contractual relationship. That opportunity was not taken up by Orr.
We approached Orr and he declined to comment.
The poor bloke. Just earning $600,000 a season. I have no sympathy for him, especially knowing how hard millions of Australians work to earn just a fraction of what he gets, primarily because he was lucky to be born with a big body. If he had been born with brains he would have used them to negotiate his own contract.

The poor bloke. Just earning $600,000 a season. I have no sympathy for him, especially knowing how hard millions of Australians work to earn just a fraction of what he gets, primarily because he was lucky to be born with a big body. If he had been born with brains he would have used them to negotiate his own contract.
Always the way the one with the brains seems to take advantage of the less fortunate in that department,I myself have been found scratching my head wondering how I had done all the work but ended up with a lighter wallet

not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

lol

After reading yet another article about 'cheese' smith and his waltz around the nrl, I was reminded of a few things:

1) DCE seemed to get pilloried in the media when he turned up at another club (albeit there was some hinting that he called the media to let them know)... yet Smith is hitting club after club, doing interview after interview and nothing negative is being said about his circus.

2) The nrl community went off about a leaked pic of a player who signed at another club (the kikau-gate), yet smith can talk about winning a premiership in a roosters jersey...and nothing negative is said about that.

3) Damn...I knew I was going to forget the third thing....

oh yeah... everyone moves on pretty quickly from the cocaine story when you have some leet sporting skillz yo...!

Marty is not, I repeat, not dead.

Sea Eagles star Marty Taupau was forced to angrily deny rumours that he was dead on social media last week.

A troll placed a post on twitter stating "All of these young sportsmen have recently died of sudden heart failure, all vaxxed."

She then posted photos of a dozen prominent sportsmen around the world - including Taupau.

The post created a Twitter feeding frenzy… until Taupau crash tackled the rumour.

"Psssst F*wit!," Taupau wrote with an emoji of a middle finger extended.

"Get your facts right before you write this sort of garbage #covidiot."

edit: - didn't think it needed a new thread

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4