General NRL chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
https://www.torontowolfpack.com/canada-confirmed-for-womens-rugby-league-world-cup-2021/

LONDON / TORONTO – Rugby League World Cup 2021 (RLWC2021) has today revealed the confirmed the eight nations who will participate in the women’s tournament in 2021, with Canada’s national team – the Ravens – being selected.

The nations confirmed for the women’s tournament are:

Canada
England (Hosts)
Australia (Holders)
Brazil
Cook Islands
France
New Zealand
Papua New Guinea

Each nation was assessed against set criteria that reviewed their current international and domestic infrastructure, their plans for growth and their potential impact on RLWC2021. The draw for the tournament will take place in November 2019.

ABOUT RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD CUP 2021

The Rugby League World Cup is the pinnacle major event of rugby league, globally contested every four years.

England 2021 will be a breakthrough moment in the tournament’s history with the men’s, women’s and wheelchair rugby league being staged together for the first time.

RLWC2021 will be the most visible rugby league event in history with all 31 games in the men’s competition being broadcast live on the BBC and every second of the women’s and wheelchair competitions free to watch online.

Robbie Farah has fired a shot at former coach Jason Taylor on the eve of his 300th game on Friday against the Knights.
Taylor famously ended Farah’s first stint at the Tigers back in 2016 by suggesting he would play in reserve grade, if he elected to stay with the club.

“I wouldn’t want to hear from JT anyway,’’ Farah told the The Sydney Morning Herald.

“At the time I was told by him and ‘Rocket’ Reddy, I’d finish my career in reserve grade. But I’m here now - ‘JT’ is coaching reserve grade [at North Sydney].’’

He was carving up the Sydney competition before Kallum Watkins was born yet Ellery Hanley's heroics 30 years ago are helping to drive the latest English import to prove that outside backs can crack it in the NRL.

Watkins will make his NRL debut at right centre for the Titans against the Broncos on Saturday evening, taking what he hopes will be the first step in dispelling the notion that English backs traditionally struggle in the NRL.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/24/watkins-vows-to-dispel-english-hoodoo/

Robbie Farah has fired a shot at former coach Jason Taylor on the eve of his 300th game on Friday against the Knights.
Taylor famously ended Farah’s first stint at the Tigers back in 2016 by suggesting he would play in reserve grade, if he elected to stay with the club.

“I wouldn’t want to hear from JT anyway,’’ Farah told the The Sydney Morning Herald.

“At the time I was told by him and ‘Rocket’ Reddy, I’d finish my career in reserve grade. But I’m here now - ‘JT’ is coaching reserve grade [at North Sydney].’’

Rocket Reddy fires back at Farrah....

But former St George and Kangaroos legend Reddy has now fired back on social media.

“Well we were right he went to Souths and played reserve grade and that Wests Tigers team at the moment is a reserve grade team with 4/5 NRL players in it and Farah is not 1 of them,” Reddy said.

“Most selfish player I have ever been involved with while either playing the game or coaching bar none.”

Wy are we talking about Parradoesntmatter.
I mean "calculated" on he basis that we weren't considered a side that would be in the mix for the semi's this year
and everybody thought we were contenders for the wooden spoon so us having a tough run home wouldn't really have affected the season outcome for us. Sadly our success to date means that we have been dished up a terrible run home when we are a real chance.

I mean "calculated" on he basis that we weren't considered a side that would be in the mix for the semi's this year
and everybody thought we were contenders for the wooden spoon so us having a tough run home wouldn't really have affected the season outcome for us. Sadly our success to date means that we have been dished up a terrible run home when we are a real chance.

As with anything in life, you dont improve by playing inferior teams, and you cant win and be a champion without playing the top guys and beating them... bring it on I say, good challenge for this crew and they look up to it!

We have won 4 games against 5 of the teams we have to play. If we can at least split the storm games. Maybe it is an easy draw :)

West Wales Raiders made history on the weekend, winning their first ever professional game.

The third tier semi-professional side had lost their previous 43 games and conceding on average 66 points per fixture.

Coached by former Capras boss Kim Williams, the Raiders saw off Coventry 44-16 in the League One clash.

Jackson Hastings will make the switch to Wigan next year to work under Adrian Lam.

But the former Roosters and Manly halfback has revealed he turned down the lure of returning home to sign with the Warriors.

“I just knew the way he [Lam] wanted to play would appeal to me,” Hastings told the Guardian.

“I just hope people know that this decision is because I want to be the best player and person I can be, not because of more money. I had Leeds, Wigan and clubs back home offering deals but clubs in the NRL wanted me to play out of position.”

Is that for real?
1st time this century.
If so that's the disgrace that is the NRL...

I thought so as well, then remembered Manly does take a few 'home' games up to Brisbane (Brookvale North). I guess the broncos are happy to pay Manly money not to have to play us at Brookie!

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/11ad33b1f1e9e478dfe649f2aff73c5f

Flash back to 2014 and Tedesco had agreed to a $1.8 million three-year contract with the Raiders before Farah convinced him to renege.

On the back of Robbie’s influential words, ‘Teddy’ spent another three seasons at the Wests Tigers before linking with the Roosters on a big-dollar deal in 2017.

- Of course, this is just a simple "renege", but when DCE (the c is for champion) did it, it was the worst thing ever to happen to league and was totally deserving of the disgusting media outrage and two headed fan trolling!

Never trust nor befriend a monkey typist

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4