Geez We Played Crap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We played crap too but winning ugly is still winning and important to learn.

We aren't grinding wins but we are doing something
i agree that we played crap & made it a lot har
I’m not sure if it was because of what we did but the “ Geez we played Crap” heading rings pretty true for the Bunnies.

They were largely **** yesterday, **** kicking , **** mistakes which kept us in the game.

I fear Bunnies in top gear may well blow us away next time.
if we can stop the errors it will be a totally different attacking side of ours also

Winning ugly builds enormous character in players. We had no right to win that game yesterday on rhe back of all those errors but they did and it speaks volumes for guts, determination and resolve. They'll take great confidence from that.

Regardless you’ve got to be happy as with the defence so far. And we are dangerous with the ball, just need to make sure we fight to keep it. If we learn to control the ball, and keep our best 17 on the field more often than not, who knows what we could do

defence is up, attack is down.

Its obvious we spent all off season defending and not with the pill in hand.

Most of the team are a year wiser than last year which will help given we last 8 games by a converted try or less.

As for keeping close to your best 17 on the park, that has been the case since Tooves was coach. He had a shocker for injuries in 15, next year wasn't much better with Stewart and Matai gone all season, 17 was better and last year another shocker.

I think the important stat that does not show on paper - Manly wanted it more !!
Have seen a few games like this in the balance in recent times and the side rolled over when it was on the line.
This game showed my favourite quality in footy - guts and desire.....the win was a bonus, the fact the team dug deep and stayed in the battle was a win itself.

defence is up, attack is down.

Its obvious we spent all off season defending and not with the pill in hand.

Most of the team are a year wiser than last year which will help given we last 8 games by a converted try or less.

As for keeping close to your best 17 on the park, that has been the case since Tooves was coach. He had a shocker for injuries in 15, next year wasn't much better with Stewart and Matai gone all season, 17 was better and last year another shocker.
Yeah although we are missing Dylan Walker, Brian Kelly, Akuila Uate from last seasons side. As far as our attack goes this season we are better structured and more punchy, although lack ball handling skills at the moment. The warriors game showed we have more strike, and we constantly threatened Souths. Probably need a little bit of improvements to the attack in the 20 though but may lack the backline strike to achieve too much. Ugly wins with some flashes will do until Trbo returns.

A check of the match stats showed Souffs got the better of us in every department, except two.
1. We missed less tackles than them
2. We have a more accurate Golden Pointer than them

Yes, our handling was atrocious. But with the injuries we had and the fact that Souffs are a red-hot team this effort in defence was our best for years.
It is obvious to all that our backline couldn't match Souffs but some how them scrambled and conceded only a couple of tries. Our forwards and our reserves were magnificent.
If nothing else it showed that all 17 have great pride in their jerseys which is what we've all wanted for a few seasons.

We had Brad Parker ...... the winning edge

I fear Bunnies in top gear may well blow us away next time.
This could definately be true although if we hold the ball like we did in the first 15 minutes for the whole 80, we showed that we can also blow teams away. As errors crept in for the bunnies they crept in for us, and we can’t let that happen. If we do we’ll get crunched one day. Very ugly although tough, and with that we can build, and quickly if we approach it smart.

This could definately be true although if we hold the ball like we did in the first 15 minutes for the whole 80, we showed that we can also blow teams away. As errors crept in for the bunnies they crept in for us, and we can’t let that happen. If we do we’ll get crunched one day. Very ugly although tough, and with that we can build, and quickly if we approach it smart.

We have to keep them from getting into top gear ... again

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4