Announcement GDPR and Site rules and terms reacceptance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all

On May 25th new European GDPR comes into effect this has some impact on all of us and how we manage your data.
In order to remain compliant to with these new regulations for those who use the site within the European Union, we have updated a number of areas of our website.

As part of this process we also updated our terms and conditions and have asked you to accept those terms, conditions and website rules again. This has been a blanket reset for everyone as it is a good time to remind everyone on what you are responsible for with posting content on this site and what we do with any content and information we store.

If you would like a refresher on these, you can simply go to

https://silvertails.net/help/terms
https://silvertails.net/help/privacy-policy

If you have any concerns or questions, you are able to contact us and we will be happy to discuss with you.

The website is now wholly compliant and you have the right to your data. We apologise for having to make everyone agree to the site rules and privacy again, however this is the best way to ensure that we are all correctly protected and compiant

And if you're reading this....you've already had to agree to the terms and conditions!

edit: No thread hijacking??? Ban us all now! Oops.

But please...have a read through. :)

Last edited:
I feel like this post is too similar to the last one. Please ban @globaleagle

8. You will not abuse the moderators.

:) @:cool:@:cool::angel:

This alone is reason for all to read them.

Amazing how so many terms and conditions are needed to basically say:

Don't post like a jerk!

It’s all such bull**** today , the bloody PC world we live in!!

Oh well, onwards and upwards.
I mean its not really PC, its just saying, don't be a jerk, we are still flexible on the rules the main thing is the GDPR compliance, we can not flex on those else we are legally liable.

All of the other terms are saying two things

1 - Don't be a jerk
2 - You are responsible for the content you post on the site, and we will not be held liable for your posting

8. You will not abuse the moderators.

:) @:cool:@:cool::angel:

This alone is reason for all to read them.

Amazing how so many terms and conditions are needed to basically say:

Don't post like a jerk!
I had actually read them but somehow missed the mod one. I was just taking the mickey.

But in fairness i think i've exposed a serious flaw. @globaleagle is now completely immune. So when he starts going all kim jong-un on us no one can do anything @:( @:worried:

I had actually read them but somehow missed the mod one. I was just taking the mickey.

But in fairness i think i've exposed a serious flaw. @globaleagle is now completely immune. So when he starts going all kim jong-un on us no one can do anything @:( @:worried:

I moose be obeyed!

I'm not immune, Dan outranks me.... mods all pick on me 'cause I'm still the baby, (and I have to obey the T's and C's like everyone else...I guess...sheesh)

I mean its not really PC, its just saying, don't be a jerk, we are still flexible on the rules the main thing is the GDPR compliance, we can not flex on those else we are legally liable.

All of the other terms are saying two things

1 - Don't be a jerk
2 - You are responsible for the content you post on the site, and we will not be held liable for your posting

Wasn’t actually having a go at the policy Dan just the need today to have to accept the terms and conditions on nearly everything you have to do, so the comment was in a general sense.

I agree 110% with the “ don’t be a jerk” policy!!

Hi all

On May 25th new European GDPR comes into effect this has some impact on all of us and how we manage your data.
In order to remain compliant to with these new regulations for those who use the site within the European Union, we have updated a number of areas of our website.

As part of this process we also updated our terms and conditions and have asked you to accept those terms, conditions and website rules again. This has been a blanket reset for everyone as it is a good time to remind everyone on what you are responsible for with posting content on this site and what we do with any content and information we store.

If you would like a refresher on these, you can simply go to

https://silvertails.net/help/terms
https://silvertails.net/help/privacy-policy

If you have any concerns or questions, you are able to contact us and we will be happy to discuss with you.

The website is now wholly compliant and you have the right to your data. We apologise for having to make everyone agree to the site rules and privacy again, however this is the best way to ensure that we are all correctly protected and compiant
Signed , sealed and delivered feathered friend .

Wasn’t actually having a go at the policy Dan just the need today to have to accept the terms and conditions on nearly everything you have to do, so the comment was in a general sense.

I agree 110% with the “ don’t be a jerk” policy!!
Can you be a goose ? is that acceptable ?

I saw those terms and conditions come and and thought I was in trouble lol. Old times

It’s all such bull**** today , the bloody PC world we live in!!

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

MFB, while I agree the world is increasingly full of snow flakes (or whatever the latest term for them is), these new rules are in place to stop the the big players misleading us on what they are doing with all the personal data they are mining from us. Up until now, they have been very clever about what they say they collect and do.

Unfortunately it means the little guys that are compliant with privacy standards, like this site, need to protect their backsides, just in case.

MFB, while I agree the world is increasingly full of snow flakes (or whatever the latest term for them is), these new rules are in place to stop the the big players misleading us on what they are doing with all the personal data they are mining from us. Up until now, they have been very clever about what they say they collect and do.

Unfortunately it means the little guys that are compliant with privacy standards, like this site, need to protect their backsides, just in case.
Particularly as some of our former members are not backward in applying their European given rights aggressively

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8