Garrick's goal kicking

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"well" often creeps into that quote, but it isn't there in the line:

Alas, poor Yorick, I knew him Horatio.

You're welcome.

Not just footy, you hear kids saying it all the time - ‘we versed them at netball last week’ or ‘when I verse you next time I’m gunna win’. It’s bloody annoying!

Yep, my son & his soccer team mates all used to say "who are we versing?".

Another one is "what degrees is it?" when asking the temperature.

Running approach towards the ball is too square and can cramp himself up at the point of impact, on top of that his swing direction is straight through the ball offering no controlled draw to the ball flight.(the best kickers kick slightly across the ball for controlled predictable draw)

The goal kicker with the most variety of "controlled" flight i have seen is Daryl Halligan, he could create a draw, keep it straight or fade it when required.

Running approach towards the ball is too square and can cramp himself up at the point of impact, on top of that his swing direction is straight through the ball offering no controlled draw to the ball flight.(the best kickers kick slightly across the ball for controlled predictable draw)

The goal kicker with the most variety of "controlled" flight i have seen is Daryl Halligan, he could create a draw, keep it straight or fade it when required.

He is cutting is angle down with no draw hitting them straight. Benji was the same at the start of his career with his conversions.
I really hope he can develop this with his kicking as he dose hit the ball pretty sweet.

He is cutting is angle down with no draw hitting them straight. Benji was the same at the start of his career with his conversions.
I really hope he can develop this with his kicking as he dose hit the ball pretty sweet.
Yep a draw improves the angle and no goal kicker should be considered a goal kicker unless they have one.

I found when kicking from wide out it helped to visualize the goal posts being turned 45 degrees so every kick is from in front and letting my natural draw bring it around.(this way every kick is the same)

Wrong.
A draw only improves the angle for right-footed kickers from left of the posts and left-footed kickers from the right of the posts.

The opposite sides need a fade kick to improve the angle.
I was agreeing to the previous post that mentioned improving the angle you tool.

Overall a controlled draw improves the angle(well it improves the level of difficulty for a fixed goal post position) for 50% of kicks above a straight shooter and improves direction control at the same time.

What a tosser type response, mind you at your age it is probably the only type of "tossing" you are capable of.

This is why i mentioned Daryl Halligan in a previous post, not many kickers can generate a "consistent" controlled fade as it is the hardest kick to get right.

Many kickers who use a draw actually find it easier to kick on the side where a "draw" doesn't improve the angle as they have a reference point of just outside the right or left post(obviously depending on which foot you use) as a marker. On the improved angle side that same goal post is a little further away and doesn't work as well as a reference point.(for many not all--- for example Thurston with his massive draw kicking style was not too bad from the "better angle" side)

"Obviously" you can use the near/left goal post as a marker(for a right footer) kicking from the left side but that brings the far post into play anyway and clutters the mindset before kicking.

Last edited:
Funa used to kick for the Manly 20 's but would be probably no more effective then Chez or Walker if there needed to be an alternative to Garrick . Seemed to manage better against the Broncs with some more confident striking and vital goals . Alternatives but still the best on offer right now .

I was agreeing to the previous post that mentioned improving the angle you tool.

Overall a controlled draw improves the angle(well it improves the level of difficulty for a fixed goal post position) for 50% of kicks above a straight shooter and improves direction control at the same time.

What a tosser type response, mind you at your age it is probably the only type of "tossing" you are capable of.

This is why i mentioned Daryl Halligan in a previous post, not many kickers can generate a "consistent" controlled fade as it is the hardest kick to get right.

Many kickers who use a draw actually find it easier to kick on the side where a "draw" doesn't improve the angle as they have a reference point of just outside the right or left post(obviously depending on which foot you use) as a marker. On the improved angle side that same goal post is a little further away and doesn't work as well as a reference point.(for many not all--- for example Thurston with his massive draw kicking style was not too bad from the "better angle" side)

"Obviously" you can use the near/left goal post as a marker(for a right footer) kicking from the left side but that brings the far post into play anyway and clutters the mindset before kicking.
You can crap on until the cows come home trying to cover up your bull shlt post buddy but your original post was dead wrong.
Either learn to explain yourself properly from the start or stop posting about what you don't know.

I'm done until next time you spout crap. And I promise you I won't go away.
Have a nice day.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6