Garrick to 5/8 in 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Lyonstomenzies

Bencher
Premium Member
I’d like to hear everyone’s thoughts around a move to 5/8 when Tommy is back in the fullback spot.

I know we have Schuster, but if he doesn’t work out next year due to whatever reason, I think Garrick could step up to 5/8 role.

He played centre as a junior and can really straighter the attack when he chimes at fullback. He has a decent passing game and I think he could handle the defensive reads in the middle.

Gary Coleman Talkin GIF

I’d like to hear everyone’s thoughts around a move to 5/8 when Tommy is back in the fullback spot.

I know we have Schuster, but if he doesn’t work out next year due to whatever reason, I think Garrick could step up to 5/8 role.

He played centre as a junior and can really straighter the attack when he chimes at fullback. He has a decent passing game and I think he could handle the defensive reads in the middle.
If Schuster was injured and Tommy was fit I could see it as a reasonable plan B stopgap solution but definitely not on a long term basis.

If Latu Fainu could get the same dispensation that Sualli got to play at 17 then I think he is more likely to be our 5/8.

The sandwiches price is going up week after week. Unlikely we will retain him after '23. He's playing with knee and groin injuries at the moment and still up there in the top 6 fullbacks in the game..

Good thinking ... might just be as silly as Roosters playing Joey Manu there .. certainly like to see how he goes .....

Darren Lockyer went from fullback to 5/8
Jamie Lyon went from centre to 5/8
Laurie Daly centre - 5/8
Brad Fittler centre 5/8
Greg Inglis wing to fullback to 5/8
Jack Wighton centre 5/8

We should have kept Foran, left Tuilagi at the tigers and told fat boy Schuster to play second row
just like the title of the song- let it go.
foran wanted a retirement payday and manly couldn't afford to give it to him the same as the tits, so he will leave the peninsular (temporarily i'd guess).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4