Garrick’s Stocks Rising

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think in Reuben's case the cynicism is unwarranted. His first contract with us was for 1 year (low dollars) and his second contract was for 2 years (I presume low dollars again). For a guy like him, every game is a contract game. And still should be with only a 2 year extension.
He played well his first season,2019,when on a one year deal.Then signed a two year extension and his second season was ordinary,but he’s played well his second and last season of contract.He puts in every game he plays so I’m not critical of him,as I said,it’s the cynic in me that’s questioning the situation.Either that or I’m scarred by a similar contract situation that happened with Justin Horo

Agree too...but has he reached his ceiling? He has put on more than a few kg's, is learning how to get things done, doesn't get rag-dolled anymore and this confidence has rubbed off on his kicking. If he continues this growth he is worth 300k. He also appears to be at home here, so who can you buy for that much that really wants to be here?
If he plays another ripper backing up Tommy Turbo v the Dragons during origin time he’s proved hes the long term backup. If so - I’d pay 400k for him.

He's shown great improvement young Garrick, and his goal-kicking has also improved this year.

Can't ask much more of a young guy than to keep getting better, listen to the advice and feedback, and take on new challenges like fill-in fullback for the best there is in Turbs.

Given Des stuck with him through some pretty rough times earlier in the year and last year, it would please me if he decided to reciprocate and sign without going to the market to put pressure on.

That is the type of player I want playing for our team - if you're loyal to them, they return the favour. That's how you build a solid culture and have guys punch above their weight.

Great signing if he stays - his stats this year are those of an elite winger, make no mistake. Also comes across as thoughtful and considered in his interviews.

Reubs did say after the game last night that fullback doesn't come naturally to him and its different than being on the wing, so I don't think there is much chance of him chasing fullback money. Unlike Valentine Holmes ... Garrick knows he's a winger. He did add that Turbo has actually been helping him out and that he's been training more at fullback so as to be more comfortable at the back if having to fill in.

I have also heard a rumour that the Warriors are interested in Reuben Garrick. With Maumalo off to the Tigpies, and RTS switching to rugby at seasons end ... they'll be in the market for a winger who can play fullback and kick goals. Although I hope he stays at Manly.
where was reubs interviewed? was this 9 or fox?

A very interesting article about Reuben's fullback training & game plan. Last week was the biggest win for the Sea Eagles without Turbo since 2015.

After 36 years, the NRL point-scoring gong might be headed back to Gerringong.

And the NRL’s leading point scorer after 18 rounds, Manly and former Gerringong Lions player Reuben Garrick, has spoken of the influence another Gerringong champion, the legendary Mick Cronin, had over his burgeoning career.

Garrick has scored 198 points to be a crucial part of the Sea Eagles’ resurgence this year through 14 tries and 71 goals. He is 36 points clear of Penrith’s Nathan Cleary and South Sydney’s Adam Reynolds, locked together in second place.

He's well and truly in the conversation, he's already made the Dally M team of the year and RLPA team of the year, and this article predicts he'll be in the Kangaroos merit team. He was given a taste of rep footy in 2019. I have no idea why some here don't rate him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8