Garrick’s Stocks Rising

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would sign him for 350-450k for an extra couple years at the end of the year if he keeps up this form. Last night we had a Michael Robertson old reliable type player filling in for Turbo (Snake), plus his goal kicking has been a lot better.

We’re winning games because we have 2 great wingers now. We have never har a genuine fill-in for turbo but now looks like we may have one in Garrick.

As long as he isn’t asking for huge money I’d be resigning him for sure.

If walker leaves we should try and mould Koula as a Centre.
Excellent effort last night but Reuben is still essentially a winger , have to take into account that the Cows defence was pretty ordinary and with a high mistake rate and down on possession . Goal kicking ability certainly a factor but anything past say 300 k probably or realistically getting into overs territory

Definitely some tough calls to be made. Garrick has apparently asked for more than we are willing to offer. Games like last night only increase his value and we might find it hard to keep him. He is definitely not a top line fullback as he has no passing game but he is a quality winger and back up fullback and a great guy to have around the club. Interesting to see where Des goes with the unsigned players.

Yeah Dufty certainly has some deficiencies in his game but I think his instincts with the ball are great...a decent coach could coach the mistakes out of his game but he will always be small on those kick returns.

Garrick showed last night that we have a Michael Robinson type player in our stocks after all. A great winger who can plug a hole when called upon.
And a $hitload faster than Robbo to boot.

We're offering a premiership window! (and some minties...they still make minties?)
Sure do
1623473485324.png

Definitely some tough calls to be made. Garrick has apparently asked for more than we are willing to offer. Games like last night only increase his value and we might find it hard to keep him. He is definitely not a top line fullback as he has no passing game but he is a quality winger and back up fullback and a great guy to have around the club. Interesting to see where Des goes with the unsigned players.
I think Koula is the player the club have in mind now that Saab is a lock on one wing.

I don’t think the club will get a larger offer out to Garrick due to the players coming through, Garrick is playing very well at the moment though.

It was certainly the best game Garrick has played at FB. As much as he is generally in form and playing with confidence, perhaps being able to spend more time with Snake this year is helping (assuming Snake is still helping at training).

With guys like Edrick Lee (who'd you'd get really, really cheap), and would be Jason Saab mach 2, and others like Daniel Tupou and Blake Ferguson available, I wouldn't be going silly to re-sign him.

Make an offer, if he doesn't accept, so be it.

Remember guys, we have Chistian Tuipulotu signed for FOUR years. Surely the club expect to play him at some point. And I'm not dropping Saab for the life of me.

With guys like Edrick Lee (who'd you'd get really, really cheap), and would be Jason Saab mach 2, and others like Daniel Tupou and Blake Ferguson available, I wouldn't be going silly to re-sign him.

Make an offer, if he doesn't accept, so be it.

Remember guys, we have Chistian Tuipulotu signed for FOUR years. Surely the club expect to play him at some point. And I'm not dropping Saab for the life of me.
Agree. He is solid and reliable but he's not worth over spending on

Agree. He is solid and reliable but he's not worth over spending on
Agree too...but has he reached his ceiling? He has put on more than a few kg's, is learning how to get things done, doesn't get rag-dolled anymore and this confidence has rubbed off on his kicking. If he continues this growth he is worth 300k. He also appears to be at home here, so who can you buy for that much that really wants to be here?

I hope they keep him and I think they will.

The key ingredient is his goal kicking. Who else do we have that can kick that well? Evan Daly-Cherries can kick them, but he has enough on his plate without the regular goalkicking role.

Currently only ‘He coulda been a Manly junior’ over at Penrith has a higher points tally for the season.

Another thing in his favour - he is one of several presentable players in the side who are not walking inkblots; who does not appear to be a troublemaker and therefore improves the club’s marketability. Thus more than counterbalancing the one or two players who are problem children.

Last edited:
I hope they keep him and I think they will.

The key ingredient is his goal kicking. Who else do we have that can kick that well? Evan Daly-Cherries can kick them, but he has enough on his plate without the regular goalkicking role.

Currently only ‘He coulda been a Manly junior’ over at Penrith has a higher points tally for the season.

Another thing in his favour - he is one of several presentable players in the side who are not walking inkblots; who does appear to be a troublemaker and therefore improves the club’s marketability. Thus more than counterbalancing the one or two players who are problem children.
Agree on all this. His kicking is a big selling point imo. Missed a couple on Friday but these days he’s routinely knocking them over from the sideline. I pose this question now, how much were people willing to spend to get AJ over as a wing fb replacement - that can’t kick goals? AJ for mine is purely a finisher. Good but not great. I’d pay $300k a year for Garrick.

TBH I'd sign Garrick on one year deals.
Playing for a contract does wonders for a player. Even if it is a bit more in 2022

Agree on all this. His kicking is a big selling point imo. Missed a couple on Friday but these days he’s routinely knocking them over from the sideline. I pose this question now, how much were people willing to spend to get AJ over as a wing fb replacement - that can’t kick goals? AJ for mine is purely a finisher. Good but not great. I’d pay $300k a year for Garrick.
And one of his missed conversions on Friday hit the upright.

Reubs did say after the game last night that fullback doesn't come naturally to him and its different than being on the wing, so I don't think there is much chance of him chasing fullback money. Unlike Valentine Holmes ... Garrick knows he's a winger. He did add that Turbo has actually been helping him out and that he's been training more at fullback so as to be more comfortable at the back if having to fill in.

I have also heard a rumour that the Warriors are interested in Reuben Garrick. With Maumalo off to the Tigpies, and RTS switching to rugby at seasons end ... they'll be in the market for a winger who can play fullback and kick goals. Although I hope he stays at Manly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6