Game day thread .. US v Souffs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
South's have a 2nd string side competing also.....this makes for a great opportunity for the obvious Manly blokes in the spotlight fighting for a top 17 spot to get an early advantage.
I really hope for some momentum through the middle to see Gordy create havoc from dummy half and out halves to give some early ball to Fletcher, Ferris and co to show what they got, unlike Tigers who gave poor Feledy a cold on debut.
Expect Fainu, Fifita and Condon to lead from the front with the attitude example set by young Fulton and wanna see this Sykes make big contacts with and without the ball.
Also watch this young Jack in the box fullback Toby, elusive and explosive runner of the footy and will pounce with any half chances....also great value for punters at $3.50 to score s meat pie.....gamble responsibly :wait:
Yep, really looking forward to seeing what the big fellas have got. Even if only half of them shine, I think thats a win. Big night for Sipley I think.

Question for the wise heads, will this team be trained in the same structures as the proper team or will it be a bit of a free for all?
Alternatively, can we get some idea of how we might play as a Seibs team or will we just get overly excited about the skills of a complete unknown?
Whatever it is, I can’t wait!

Yes, the reggie's, will be trained to the same patterns as firsts .. but with many of these players will have only trained together limited times ... and any new structures introduced by Seibs will not yet be 2nd nature ...

I think you will see a simple plan and a lot of raw talent .

So the United States team is playing South Sydney?
You are spot on feathered friend

eagle_1_1200x1200.jpg

Being organised is the key word I'd say. Especially given the late withdrawal of our halfback.
No risk all our players will have a go.
But it would be great to see the players confidently holding their structure and playing to a simple yet effective plan, such as the Warriors did yesterday.
If we end up looking as ad hoc as the Tigers, though, then my optimism rating will plunge several percentage points...
There are always back up players covering key positions at training feathered friend
Our Back up half knows all the drills

The players and the fans are now all pumped up for a Passionate Manly Performance

Go the Manly Sea eagles !!!
cartoon-bald-eagle-mascot-doing-number-one-gesture-vector-clip-art-illustration-tough-muscular-leaping-flying-forward-54813442.jpg

I wonder if The Soup will pay us a visit tonight ,I always laughed at how quick he was to call for a mass clean out every week, and would write us off the minute we lost the toss !!hmmm good times !!
Anyways lets hope the young guys impress and that we have no injuries
Go Manly

For me this game is really important to see if the on field systems have changed whether we are a lot more fluid with the footy.

This week might be too early to assess that .. too many random players ... they wouldn't have worked much as one unit like the firsts would be doing.

Next week will tell us a lot more.

1 Jake Toby
2 Christian Tuipulotu
3 Jackson Ferris
4 Fletcher Myers
5 Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
6 Cooper Johns
7 Jamie Humphreys
8 Toafofoa Sipley
9 Gordon Chan Kum Tong
10 Ben Condon
11 Ben Trbojevic
12 Samuela Fainu
13 Ethan Bullemor
14 Harradyn Wilson
15 Zac Fulton
16 Cameron Brown
17 Viliami Fifita
18 Jacob Sykes
19 Charlie Thompson
20 Josh Stuckey
21 Dean Matterson
22 James Uesele
23 Joey Tramontana

Nope we are the 8pm game next Friday too

WIth eels vs knights the earlier game

My bad :oops:...actually Manly are - their original email with the tickets link had us as the earlier game. I didn't know it had changed, sorry.

My bad :oops:...actually Manly are - their original email with the tickets link had us as the earlier game. I didn't know it had changed, sorry.
No worries at all next week will be the real trial against easts this week not expecting too much from us no expectations at all.

Always like playing easts up at Gosford this time of year you know the footy season is so close to starting.

The white jumper with maroon stripes and the maroon shorts always makes me think of us from the mid-70s to the mid-80s.

Rule No.1: Keep your eye on the ball when there is a bomb. We had no idea about that one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4