Game day thread .. US v Souffs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Burbo is basically being trained as a back rower and what we've seen is he's a good defender. So I stand by what I said. He's faster than Jake from what I've seen (rarely seen Jake keep up with speedy backs) and he's a better defender than Turbo (because he's trained in a position that requires an enhancement of that skill).
I think it's clear now that, for Burbo, it's the back row or bust. With the added size, he's just not fast enough to be a centre. Besides which, we have a number of backup centre options away. So he's going to be a backrower. Whether he's good enough to be an NRL backrower remains to be seen, but his work rate in the trial was excellent.

Disagree with everyone's view that Vaega trumps Tuipulotu on Fri night's performance. Yes Tui was slow to turn and chase the kick, and is prone to lapses of defensive awareness (issues that absolutely need to be addressed), he was nonetheless enormous for us with his yardage, at times almost unstoppable. His work rate and raw power will be vital for us. He needs improvement, as do all our players but his inclusion is crucial.

At the same time, some on here are easily charmed by Vaega's finishes, as well as Bullemor's work rate (yet ignore Tui's?) but Bullemor, along with Condon and Sipley created a seriously soft and vulnerable middle. Defensively very weak, and it was so obvious in the first part of both halves, as South's forwards rolled through us way too easily. By contrast, when Fifita, Sykes, and Fulton came on, we dominated the ruck. For mine, just on that performance, the latter 3 are ahead of Sipley, Bullemor, and especially Condon.

Trbojevic and Fainu fantastic, as were Chan Kum Tong and Johns. Meyers should also be under serious consideration for our top 17 at some stage. Promising signs

Last edited:
Tippy Toes motivation was right up there again in the trial , really strong game in general . Also hard to ignore Vaega "s strong running , Maybe the odd error , certainly does not lack commitment but Tui would probably get the nod at this stage . Bully still deserves credit , certainly upped his game and effectiveness . Bit of the X factor with Fifita and Samual Fainu . Zac Fulton and Sykes definitely reliable . Onwards and upwards and very pleased that Cooper Johns can be an automatic fit in the halves if needed through the season .

Tippys defence worries me more than his metres being a positive.

Think Vaegas carries aren't that bad either they just kicked more to his side. I also worry about tippy in the air as well. Not very safe. Vaega gets the nod for me.

Watched the full match replay of this today. There's some good kids coming through. Johns did really well. The fullback kid had some catching issues but did really well. The 19yo that got KO-d has some speed and that pass was great - he's been hanging around Schuster maybe hehe.
Zac Fulton is a goer. A bulked up Burbo. The little number 9 with the complicated name showed some skill. Maybe if our top guys get injured this year we'll still be able to have to have a crack.
Hope so.
Go Manly '23!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8