Game Day Thread .. 9's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For current players in 17 for sure garrick good try v storm quick still, waddell busy as always, Marty limited game time we know what he offers one of best props in game.
Sipley looks fit and put some good dints in line, paseka not sure labours along for his size does not own teams, keepie mobile but somewhat quiet, guacamole did not see much.
Most disappointing none of young halfs can control game in cust, croker or metcalf. Metcalf can motor but he a 6 or 7 and they could not organize a root in a .... .
lol lol but yes there was zero organising going on

Saddler wasn't too prominent
Well, the refs noticed him. He was placed on report once and sin-binned on another occasion where he was lucky not to have been sent off.
That's the third time I've seen Saddler play. Previously I've stated that he is fiery, as in both other matches he was in the middle of any fracas. This third match his temperament hurt the team.
That is his weakness. It's great to be aggressive but it needs to be controlled. I believe he can be a top player but can you risk him?
If anyone can channel his aggression in the correct way it's Des. Time will tell.

I think the boys really didn’t want to put their body’s on the line for this, and rightly so, as they are all potential first graders and they know getting injured for this grabage could kill their careers. I don’t like losing especially by a flogging, but I am over the moon that its finished. and I really think Des and Carty really didn’t want us to go any further hence the selections for the qtr final.
Marty was only ever going to play one game to satisfy the nrl’s big name player quota for the tournament. Its a terrible format that favours those teams that love risky stupid football that haven’t got the mentality to grind out a win.

I think the boys really didn’t want to put their body’s on the line for this, and rightly so, as they are all potential first graders and they know getting injured for this grabage could kill their careers. I don’t like losing especially by a flogging, but I am over the moon that its finished. and I really think Des and Carty really didn’t want us to go any further hence the selections for the qtr final.
Marty was only ever going to play one game to satisfy the nrl’s big name player quota for the tournament. Its a terrible format that favours those teams that love risky stupid football that haven’t got the mentality to grind out a win.

**** competition IMO, love to see it canned OR just be for reserves / young players wanting to show their wares.

**** competition IMO, love to see it canned OR just be for reserves / young players wanting to show their wares.

With an average of 160,000 viewers for 8 hours ... it isn't going anywhere ... that would translate into 640,000 viewers for 4 2 hour regular games ... big numbers and money in the bank to the NRL ....

I think the 9s competition is a good 'teaser' into the season. It allows the media and fans to salivate about kids showing potential. That's why Manly was wise to select just three regular First Graders in their squad. One of them, Tent, got injured but we escaped lightly compared to Illawarra which had three topliners seriously hurt.
If you pick most of your best players - which is what Illawarra, Doesn'tmatta, Donkeys and Cows did - then you are risking impacting on the upcoming season. It paid off for the Cows but not for the other three clubs. Donkeys and Doesn'tmatta must be disappointed failing to reach the final with the squad they selected.

Paseka out for EIGHT WEEKS!!

Attachments

• FD6DB6E4-B3E1-4B28-B72E-C623EE8AEFBF.png
    FD6DB6E4-B3E1-4B28-B72E-C623EE8AEFBF.png
    160.8 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4