GAME DAY - Manly v Warriors [Round 20, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have Foxtel, AND a Sat dish, I'll tune in and see the debacle unfold!!

Hope it's not like that but can't see anything but!!

I'm anticipating a big big performance tomorrow.
Think about it, coach and players under fire and they all in the sanctuary of being across the Tasman. I think they will really bond away from all the corporate pressure and put in a big team performance.
I'm not saying Manly will win but they are a chance, and anyone taking Warriors 13+ will do their dough.
NYEagle

we are no chance tomorrow and justifiably so.

When your management publicly goes behind your back with a no confidence statement then you sit there and say well fark you I am not putting in for you and do the minimum possible.

If the warriors get less than 50 then we have done well
Fluffy, isn't it ironic that the Manly brass come out with these statements on the 14 players and Toovey the very week they are preparing for the Cowboys game that could have given them a last shot at the eight with a win.
The way this season has gone and the absolute heavy weather the office have made of this season - you would think that this years failure has been manufactured.
Pity us.

I might struggle to make it out there today after last nights session Raymond, one jug too many.

lol. I'm not surprised. You seemed to have the magic glass. Everytime I looked....someone was filling it up for you!

Something a little different. The venue for today's game - Mt Smart Stadium as it was 25 years ago for the 1990 Commonwealth Games.

adelaide-grand-prix-03.jpg

Looks a little different these days.....
aerial_1a.jpg

As you can see the stadium sits in the crater of a volcano. The Mt Smart volcano, one of 49 in the Auckland Volcano field, is considered extinct but is actually just dormant. Formed in around 18,000 BC, Mt Smart has yet to have a recorded eruption......that's not to say its never gone bang. It just hasn't happened in the time humans have inhabited the area.

Last edited:
Today you hope the players get out there and have a real crack at this game. If the players have any real respect for their coach they will put in a whole hearted effort. The warriors are formidable at home but also weakened without Vatuvea and also Hurrell. The guys need to control the football much better and our halves have to get it right today.

I pray for a good performance and I want to see Manly giving it everything tonight!

Young prop has been a beacon of light in a testing year
  • MANLY DAILY
  • JULY 24, 2015 4:34PM
  • Zorba's View

Jake Trbojevic is a lighthouse in stormy seas for Manly in the club’s worst season in 11 years.

The young prop continues to impress against the best and most experienced front rowers in the NRL week after week.

Most experts have him right in the running for rookie of the year for 2015.

For him to be even considered from a side such a long way down the table is proof that the Sea Eagles have a good ’un.

It’s ironic that Jake has blossomed under the shadow of his younger brother Tom who has also made a wonderful entry in the top grade after proving way too good for the under-20s.

story-fngr8iii-1227455747515

Most scouts who saw the youngsters come through the junior ranks at Mona Vale predicted that Tom would be an instant success.

The majority of the same judges predicted it would take several seasons for Jake to gain the recognition he has.

To do so in a side which has won six games in 17 this season is a monumental effort.

Support for Lyon

Suggestions that skipper Jamie Lyon won’t be at the Sea Eagles next season are way off the mark.

There is nothing but support for Lyon in the club and this has been portrayed to him before his departure to Auckland for today’s clash against the Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium.

While Lyon has had an injury-interrupted season he is showing signs of his top form, particularly in the recent win over the Gold Coast Titans where he ran riot in his best attacking game of the season.

The laid-back Lyon is unconcerned by the reports.

“I just play and leave it at that, ”Lyon said.

Treat for true fans

The true Manly fans will get an overdose of maroon and white if they have Foxtel today.

From 10.40am it will be back-to-back to back Sea Eagles v Warriors from Mt. Smart Stadium in Auckland beginning with the NYC under-20s, followed by the VB NSW Cup and then the NRL clash at 3pm.

It was a logistic nightmare moving the three teams on Thursday and on Friday.

The NRL side trained at North Harbour and looked sharp.

Daly Cherry-Evans has put his hand up to play.

In a refreshing attitude he said before departure: “It’s backs to the wall; we need to win and I want to be on the field with my teammates,” he said.

DCE’s shoulder injury is still troubling him but medical advice is that he is unlikely to cause further damage if he decides to play.

The locals are looking forward to his halfback duel with Warriors livewire Shaun Johnson.

Last edited:
My town doesn't even have an RSL. I rely on koalas waving antennas at the top of gums for free to air. The wifi's not too bad though and I have the Nrl app so I'll be with Manly tomorrow regardless of whatever unravels.
Go Manly!:D
I'm in the same boat, thank god for live streaming, GO MANLY !!!!!!!

@globaleagle thank you for that refreshing attitude mate. I agree, I'll just support the club and team regardless.

Also, how awesome is it Foxtel have Manly from 10.30am on. Beers early at my joint !!! Boom !

we are no chance tomorrow and justifiably so.

When your management publicly goes behind your back with a no confidence statement then you sit there and say well fark you I am not putting in for you and do the minimum possible.

If the warriors get less than 50 then we have done well
Logic good EXCEPT for the fact that a lot of players are now trying to be impressive enough to snag a new club.

Young prop has been a beacon of light in a testing year
  • MANLY DAILY
  • JULY 24, 2015 4:34PM
  • Zorba's View

Jake Trbojevic is a lighthouse in stormy seas for Manly in the club’s worst season in 11 years.

The young prop continues to impress against the best and most experienced front rowers in the NRL week after week.

Most experts have him right in the running for rookie of the year for 2015.

For him to be even considered from a side such a long way down the table is proof that the Sea Eagles have a good ’un.

It’s ironic that Jake has blossomed under the shadow of his younger brother Tom who has also made a wonderful entry in the top grade after proving way too good for the under-20s.

story-fngr8iii-1227455747515

Most scouts who saw the youngsters come through the junior ranks at Mona Vale predicted that Tom would be an instant success.

The majority of the same judges predicted it would take several seasons for Jake to gain the recognition he has.

To do so in a side which has won six games in 17 this season is a monumental effort.

Support for Lyon

Suggestions that skipper Jamie Lyon won’t be at the Sea Eagles next season are way off the mark.

There is nothing but support for Lyon in the club and this has been portrayed to him before his departure to Auckland for today’s clash against the Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium.

While Lyon has had an injury-interrupted season he is showing signs of his top form, particularly in the recent win over the Gold Coast Titans where he ran riot in his best attacking game of the season.

The laid-back Lyon is unconcerned by the reports.

“I just play and leave it at that, ”Lyon said.

Treat for true fans

The true Manly fans will get an overdose of maroon and white if they have Foxtel today.

From 10.40am it will be back-to-back to back Sea Eagles v Warriors from Mt. Smart Stadium in Auckland beginning with the NYC under-20s, followed by the VB NSW Cup and then the NRL clash at 3pm.

It was a logistic nightmare moving the three teams on Thursday and on Friday.

The NRL side trained at North Harbour and looked sharp.

Daly Cherry-Evans has put his hand up to play.

In a refreshing attitude he said before departure: “It’s backs to the wall; we need to win and I want to be on the field with my teammates,” he said.

DCE’s shoulder injury is still troubling him but medical advice is that he is unlikely to cause further damage if he decides to play.

The locals are looking forward to his halfback duel with Warriors livewire Shaun Johnson.
Zorba's still alive then.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8