GAME DAY - Manly v Warriors [Round 20, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It is hard for any coach to function when all season week in week out he has had to endure endless and protracted speculation about his and the players futures.

We have a huge task this weekend. short turn around and a Warriors team hurting from last weeks defeat, This reminds me of the lead up to round 1 this year with all the crap and I hope the team can overcome all this. I fear we could be on the end of a hiding this week.

It is hard for any coach to function when all season week in week out he has had to endure endless and protracted speculation about his and the players futures.
Darren Lehman managed it, overcoming a huge defeat in the First Test, two senior players being either dropped or withdrawing, and getting his troops to rally to inflict the largest win ever in the Second Test.

After the crap this week, and the suggested ultimatum to the players one of two things will happen.

1) A complete rout, something like, or worse, than the Albury game earlier this year, I'm thinking 52-8 or the something around this score.

2) the players listed will come out firing and have their best game all year, DCE gets the MOM award and we win by 12-14. Maybe 28-12 our way.

Sadly I favour option 1.

After the crap this week, and the suggested ultimatum to the players one of two things will happen.

1) A complete rout, something like, or worse, than the Albury game earlier this year, I'm thinking 52-8 or the something around this score.

2) the players listed will come out firing and have their best game all year, DCE gets the MOM award and we win by 12-14. Maybe 28-12 our way.

Sadly I favour option 1.
2V can still recruit players who will be there next season, who want to impress. Such as Tom Turbo, Leary, Lawrence. Drop under-performers who won't be there, Horo and Burgess, for example. I'm favouring Option 2 - a Manly win.

2V can still recruit players who will be there next season, who want to impress. Such as Tom Turbo, Leary, Lawrence. Drop under-performers who won't be there, Horo and Burgess, for example. I'm favouring Option 2 - a Manly win.

Well I have said we'd manage at least one upset before the end of round 26 so maybe this is it!!

Sportal

sea-eagles-logo-50px_tj28nra4d56h1etqvtk61gsf5.jpg
The bombshell that 14 players have been told they will not be required next season is certain to play a role in Manly's performance this weekend. And they will have to do it without Daly Cherry-Evans, who is gone for two weeks with a shoulder injury. Expect Feleti Mateo to shift into the halves and James Hasson to come onto the bench.

Sportal

sea-eagles-logo-50px_tj28nra4d56h1etqvtk61gsf5.jpg
The bombshell that 14 players have been told they will not be required next season is certain to play a role in Manly's performance this weekend. And they will have to do it without Daly Cherry-Evans, who is gone for two weeks with a shoulder injury. Expect Feleti Mateo to shift into the halves and James Hasson to come onto the bench.
If Hasson is selected then we'll know 2V should be shipped off the Fiji now!

When he does it for 26 weeks in a row for 2 years, he may approach the mental toll that 2v has been subject to @:cool:
Another thing is that Boof had one player withdraw and the other dropped: the advantage here is that the players that came into the squad were arguably BETTER players. And as it turned out both performed admirably in the second test..

Tooves? He loses his hot half back who actually cares, has to replace him with a forward playing out of position and is apparently forced to bring James F*CKING HASPLOD into the team!! HASPLOD!! It's kind of like losing a Mitchell Johnson and replacing him with a Scott Muller, to continue the cricket analogy...

Another thing is that Boof had one player withdraw and the other dropped: the advantage here is that the players that came into the squad were arguably BETTER players. And as it turned out both performed admirably in the second test..

Tooves? He loses his hot half back who actually cares, has to replace him with a forward playing out of position and is apparently forced to bring James F*CKING HASPLOD into the team!! HASPLOD!! It's kind of like losing a Mitchell Johnson and replacing him with a Scott Muller, to continue the cricket analogy...
Not so. Tom Turbo is available - and should never been dropped. So too is Lawrence, and should have been picked last week instead of not playing at all. And now Leary is available.
Regarding last Monday night when "Tooves lost his hot halfback..." the score then was 4-20, so we were already done and dusted.

Not so. Tom Turbo is available - and should never been dropped. So too is Lawrence, and should have been picked last week instead of not playing at all. And now Leary is available.
Regarding last Monday night when "Tooves lost his hot halfback..." the score then was 4-20, so we were already done and dusted.
I'm talking about this week, not last week.

But your point stands, and I still can't understand why Tom T was dropped, or how Hasplod can be considered before Leary or JSL or even the frikken waterboy ffs!

There are options other than Hasplod, sadly I think 2V has indeed lost the plot ( if he indeeds picks him over others ).

Good to hear DCE is right to go!!

'We just have to win every game'
Wayne Cousins

Thu 23rd July, 05:12PM

Manly Warringah Coach Geoff Toovey doesn’t like using mathematical equations when it comes to the finals series.

The Sea Eagles arrived in Auckland today to prepare for their must win match against the Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium on Saturday. A win will keep the team’s final hopes alive whilst a loss does not necessarily mean the end of the season. Manly Warringah remain six points out of the top eighth in 13th place.

“We can probably afford to drop one or two more but that would probably be it. I hate speaking mathematically because that means you are in trouble. We just have to win every game we can,’’ Toovey said.

Half-back Daly Cherry-Evans travelled with the side and remains hopeful of taking the field against the Warriors.

Meanwhile centre Steve Matai said the off-field talk about players leaving the club at the season’s end would remain just that – off-field.

“For us, it is trying to get together and play as a team and hopefully get the two points at the end of day,’’ Matai said.

“The off-field stuff is off-field. When we come on to the field, it is different. We bond as a team and we want to play well and we play for each other.”

Matai said he was sad to see team-mate Ligi Sao joining the Warriors next season.

“They have got a hard-working, professional player,’’ Matai said.

“He is a good friend of mine and he has been since he got to the club. I was hoping that he was going to get another two years with us.

“It is good for him that he has settled his future for the next few years.”
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/07/23/_we_just_have_to_win.html

To quote Toovey himself.

"It is safe to assume if we were comfortably nestled in the top eight it would be purely speculation."

I have been saying this all season and Toovey and I both believe it to be true.

Sadly I favour option 1.

Now that Tooves just said on 9 news that DCE's ok, I'm more optimistic about your option 2) :happy:

We will get lapped. Warriors by plenty

I sadly agree with you @mickqld

After what I witnessed live on Monday night all these posters on here who think things are going to change in 5 days are not clearly thinking

Warriors will give it to us after the embarrassment they got last weekend by the roosters

Warriors 13 + and season over!!!

I sadly agree with you @mickqld

After what I witnessed live on Monday night all these posters on here who think things are going to change in 5 days are not clearly thinking

Warriors will give it to us after the embarrassment they got last weekend by the roosters

Warriors 13 + and season over!!!
It depends on which team 2V selects. He has the option of injecting four good players into the side: Tom Turbo, Blake Leary, Jesse Sene-Lefao, and Brenton Lawrence. If he doesn't select these players, who are much better than four in the current 'top' 17, then I'd be questioning whether 2V has the best interests of the club at heart.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6