GAME DAY - Manly v Sharks [Round 26, 2015] Fanning Round

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm still gutted by the loss to Doesn'tmatta.
Do you realise we lost, twice, to them and the 'Riff?

Hence why we don't deserve to be in the finals. I'd like a win just to finish above the others but that's it as we would get embarrassed Wk 1 of the finals if we snuck in. Season to forget (of the recent past of course)

They're almost at Brookie :eek:

upload_2015-9-2_18-47-19.png

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/09/02/pushing_past_the_pai.html

Pushing past the pain one more time

Wayne Cousins

Wed 2nd September, 05:44PM

1441180096278.jpg

Steve Matai : Digital Image by Robb Cox ©nrlphotos.com: :NRL Rugby League - Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Vs Wests Tigers, at Brookvale Oval, Friday June 19th 2015.

Steve Matai is not even thinking of Mad Monday costumes.

With rugby league’s mad social day for teams not participating in the Telstra Premiership finals just a few days away, it is one party Matai is happy to put on hold for the time being.

For Matai, the hard hitting centre well acquainted with playing finals footy, the season is still alive.

When you think of finals footy in September, Manly is often at the forefront.

But not in 2015. Unless things change in the next few days.

It is why the current situation facing the Sea Eagles in the final round of the regular season is an uncomfortable one for the Kiwi international.

Firstly, the Sea Eagles need Wests Tigers to beat St George-Illawarra well at ANZ Stadium on Saturday night.

Should it happen, Matai and his team-mates will then gear up for one last finals shot against Cronulla Sharks on Sunday, knowing victory is a must. They will also know what points differential they need to overtake the Dragons to claim eighth spot.

However, a Dragons victory means the end of Manly for the season - a feeling Matai doesn’t want to experience.

"It's going to be pretty weird – I've never finished the competition this early," he said.

“We usually play deep into September and to be sitting at home watching will be quite disappointing."

Should Manly be out, what is of little consolation for this premiership winning warrior is the chance to heal.

Injuries are part of the game. Playing with them can be really hard at any time, particualry when the season is on the line.

The team must come first. And there is none tougher in beating through the pain barrier than Matai.

He rattles off his current injuries like his is filling out a medical form.

"Broken nose, broken finger, thumb, ankle," Matai said.

With that, he walks over for another physical session. Could it be a case of ‘expect the unexpected’ this weekend?

Matai hopes so. Just to experience that special September feeling again.

We may have lost this particular game to the Sharks 30-28 in 2004 (Rd.11), but it shows a 19 year old Brett Stewart scoring his first 3 tries at Brookie and his 2nd, 3rd and 4th overall. Amazing to think that 216 games later he's currently sitting on 162 career tries. And didn't he have some speed back then.

Lets hope we see another hat-trick from the Snake this weekend, along with a big Manly win.

We may have lost this particular game to the Sharks 30-28 in 2004 (Rd.11), but it shows a 19 year old Brett Stewart scoring his first 3 tries at Brookie and his 2nd, 3rd and 4th overall. Amazing to think that 216 games later he's currently sitting on 162 career tries. And didn't he have some speed back then.

Lets hope we see another hat-trick from the Snake this weekend, along with a big Manly win.

Quick wasn't he! Enjoy watching the old games of NRL. No obstruction rule farce, less hold downs, no third referee going through every second of a scored try, deep running plays, no wrestle,open football, better refs. The good old days of footy!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-star-feleti-mateo-says-he-wants-to-repay-outgoing-coach-geoff-toovey/story-fngr8iii-1227509569447

Sea Eagles star Feleti Mateo says he wants to repay outgoing coach Geoff Toovey

September 2, 2015 4:19pm
Jon GeddesManly Daily
95cc829b423d05bbe519b1debc561f91

Feleti Mateo pictured during Manly Sea Eagles training at Sydney Academy of Sport with coach Geoff Toovey Picture: Braden Fastier.

SEA Eagles forward Feleti Mateo has a personal reason for wanting to perform for coach Geoff Toovey in what will possibly be his final game in charge of the club against Cronulla at Remondis Stadium on Sunday.

The ballplayer yesterday revealed how Toovey had played a big part on getting his career back on track after joining the club this season.

“He just gave me back my confidence I think,” Mateo said.

I’ve probably lacked it for a few years now and just to have someone believe in me has been a difference in my game I feel.

“I can only build on that and hopefully play a good game this week and repay the faith he has shown in me.”

Mateo was one of the players who said they want to do it for their outgoing coach as the team holds onto the outside chance of sneaking into the finals.

Winger Jorge Taufua said Toovey has been his only first grade coach.

“If it is our last game this weekend we just want to do the best by him and put a good performance in,” Taufua said.

“He has done a lot for me personally, in my time here he has been my only first grade coach.

“And I am very grateful to him and all that he has done for me- his faith and support.

“I want to repay him in some way and perform well this weekend.”

And warhorse centre Steve Matai described Toovey as a great leader and it was going to be sad to see him go.

Toovey has said he won’t be involved with the Sea Eagles next year but Matai doesn’t want to see him lost to the club completely.

“I’m hoping the club can keep him here on some sort of capacity and fingers crossed they can do that,” Matai said

Can anyone tell me if J lyons is playing this weekend, he is in my super coach team. I really need to know today. cheers.

With the dragons up at 1/2 time by 12 points its finally time to call our season over !!!
Will this now give Manly a chance to just get out and play no pressure to win or loose and send Toov's out a winner
i hope it does

With the dragons up at 1/2 time by 12 points its finally time to call our season over !!!
Will this now give Manly a chance to just get out and play no pressure to win or loose and send Toov's out a winner
i hope it does
Fair chance Lyon and DCE won't play tomorrow now.And with the 20's locked in for 4th I suspect TomT and Addison may get a run

That's it, I've had enough! I'm furious, those refs tonight made sure that the dragons didn't lose.

Can't be bothered anymore. It's a joke.

And this is why we are here now. A couple of wins short for the 8. Losing to parra the second time was a clincher in the demise of the season.

It seems the only time the team played out of their skins was on the official news of Toovey's sacking. Hmmmm.

Tom T in for Lyon
I thought if Tom played anymore 1st grade he would be inegligible for Holden cup

TomT cannot play 1st grade or would be ruled ineligible to play for the U/20's in the finals due to playing too many 1st grade games.
I thought this too hopefully this not right be crazy on manly's behalf to have him in not play in the u/20's final's

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4