GAME DAY - Manly v Sharks [Round 26, 2015] Fanning Round

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man

VENUE: REMONDIS STADIUM NRL KICK OFF: 4.00PM [NINE]
REFEREE: Ben Cummins
ASSIST REFEREE: Alan Shortall
VIDEO REFEREES: Steve Chiddy , Luke Patten
TOUCH JUDGES: Michael Wise ,Rick MacFarlane

SHARKS V SEA EAGLES - SUN 6 SEPTEMBER, 4.00PM, REMONDIS STADIUM

Sharks
1 Michael Gordon
2 Sosaia Feki
3 Gerard Beale
4 Ricky Leutele
5 Valentine Holmes
6 Jack Bird
7 Jeff Robson
8 Chris Heighington
9 Michael Ennis
10 Sam Tagataese
11 Luke Lewis
12 Wade Graham
13 Paul Gallen (c)

Interchange
14 Matt Prior
15 Anthony Tupou
16 Tinirau Arona
17 Jayson Bukuya
19 Ben Barba

Coach: Shane Flanagan
Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai
5 Peta Hiku
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Jake Trbojevic
9 Jayden Hodges
10 Ligi Sao
11 Feleti Mateo
12 Justin Horo
13 Blake Leary

Interchange
14 Jesse Sene-Lefao
15 Dunamis Lui
16 Tom Symonds
17 Josh Starling
18 James Hasson

Coach: Geoff Toovey

Thanks for a great 28 years Tooves :inlove::clap:

upload_2015-9-1_6-23-44.png

Last edited:
For me it is the sharks by 14 we will be in the contest for the 1st 40-50 minutes then fade late.

I hate sharks, they're just big f**king fish and they're plug ugly, they're not noble creatures, they're eating machines with tiny little brains like Paul Gallen and Michael Thingfish. Nobody gives a **** about whiting or flathead and they don't bite people. I hope we cull the bastards. They're in our territory now......wish we had big Willie playing though....FREE WILLIE.

1441093996881.jpg

Supporters will be able to meet four Manly Warringah stars at the Sea Eagles Superstore at Brookvale Oval this Thursday night, September 3.

Captain Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai, Peta Hiku, and Tom Symonds will be appearing in-store for a signing session from 6pm-7pm at 2 Federal Parade, Brookvale.

Hopefully I'll be able to watch this game. I've recorded then deleted the last two :(

I did the exact same for both games but had to sit through last weeks game live!!

We can most certainly win on Sunday but I just don't think we will though!!

Farewell 2Vs
I hope our boys put in a better performance than against the eels and Easts for you this weekend and don't spoil your Father's Day!!

And with this post I have reached exactly 1000 posts on here. :):)
Good milestone and keep them coming, we're rapidly approaching the off-season posting wastelands...

The " Fanning" round, good one @HappilyManly

About as much chance of getting into the 8 as me running the Boston Marathon, but who knows we " might " jag a win, for me it's Sharks by 28.

BUT, looks like my man Hassooooon might get one final run!!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/daly-ready-to-chase-a-big-points-win-with-his-departing-mate-kieran/story-fngr8iii-1227507963808

Daly ready to chase a big points win with his departing mate Kieran

• JON GEDDES
  • MANLY DAILY
  • SEPTEMBER 01, 2015 3:28PM
963726-030ab858-5050-11e5-b4b9-6e09adcdd8b2.jpg

Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran could play their final game together on Sunday. Picture: Liam Driver.

SEA Eagles star Daly Cherry-Evans is excited about tackling “mission improbable” alongside his longtime scrumbase partner Kieran Foran for possibly the final time in Sunday’s game against Cronulla at Remondis Stadium.

If the Wests Tigers beat St George Illawarra on Saturday night at ANZ Stadium, Manly will have to defeat the Sharks by a big score to sneak into the top eight.

The other scenario is that Sunday will be the end of the dynamic duo’s potent combination before Foran heads to Parramatta.

“We’ll know our fate a bit closer to the game obviously, so we’ll do the mathematics when we get to it,” Cherry-Evans said.

“Hopefully there is a situation in place where we have to chase a big total.

“It would be fun to go into potentially my last game with Kieran trying to play some really good football.

“There is obviously a slim hope (to make the final eight), but more than anything we are playing for a bit of pride.”

The realisation that Sunday’s game may be the very last time that he plays with Foran and a number of other Manly teammates and coaches, provides Cherry-Evans with some extra motivation.

“I can’t speak for everyone, but for myself, yes,” Cherry-Evans said.

“I have made a lot of good friends over the years and some of those boys are going to be moving on next year.

“So hopefully we can finish the year strong and send off some pretty important people with a win.”

The Sea Eagles find themselves clinging by their fingernails to grab eighth spot by doing themselves no favours after their last two losses to Parramatta and the Roosters.

“I think the fact that we played such good football during the middle part of the year to then just fall on our backsides was the most disappointing part and it was all our own fault,” Cherry-Evans said.

“We played some bad football and we can’t blame anyone else.

“But you can’t help but think playing some really upbeat football for such a long period of time may have caught up to us.”

Meanwhile, it was confirmed yesterday that Willie Mason has played his final game for Manly.

He took an early guilty plea for a shoulder charge in last Friday’s loss to the Roosters and was handed a three-game suspension.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/daly-ready-to-chase-a-big-points-win-with-his-departing-mate-kieran/story-fngr8iii-1227507963808

Daly ready to chase a big points win with his departing mate Kieran

• JON GEDDES
  • MANLY DAILY
  • SEPTEMBER 01, 2015 3:28PM
963726-030ab858-5050-11e5-b4b9-6e09adcdd8b2.jpg

Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran could play their final game together on Sunday. Picture: Liam Driver.

SEA Eagles star Daly Cherry-Evans is excited about tackling “mission improbable” alongside his longtime scrumbase partner Kieran Foran for possibly the final time in Sunday’s game against Cronulla at Remondis Stadium.

If the Wests Tigers beat St George Illawarra on Saturday night at ANZ Stadium, Manly will have to defeat the Sharks by a big score to sneak into the top eight.

The other scenario is that Sunday will be the end of the dynamic duo’s potent combination before Foran heads to Parramatta.

“We’ll know our fate a bit closer to the game obviously, so we’ll do the mathematics when we get to it,” Cherry-Evans said.

“Hopefully there is a situation in place where we have to chase a big total.

“It would be fun to go into potentially my last game with Kieran trying to play some really good football.

“There is obviously a slim hope (to make the final eight), but more than anything we are playing for a bit of pride.”

The realisation that Sunday’s game may be the very last time that he plays with Foran and a number of other Manly teammates and coaches, provides Cherry-Evans with some extra motivation.

“I can’t speak for everyone, but for myself, yes,” Cherry-Evans said.

“I have made a lot of good friends over the years and some of those boys are going to be moving on next year.

“So hopefully we can finish the year strong and send off some pretty important people with a win.”

The Sea Eagles find themselves clinging by their fingernails to grab eighth spot by doing themselves no favours after their last two losses to Parramatta and the Roosters.

“I think the fact that we played such good football during the middle part of the year to then just fall on our backsides was the most disappointing part and it was all our own fault,” Cherry-Evans said.

“We played some bad football and we can’t blame anyone else.

“But you can’t help but think playing some really upbeat football for such a long period of time may have caught up to us.”

Meanwhile, it was confirmed yesterday that Willie Mason has played his final game for Manly.

He took an early guilty plea for a shoulder charge in last Friday’s loss to the Roosters and was handed a three-game suspension.
Maybe it's the reporting, but gee I wish some player would come out and say they're doing it for Tooves. But nup!

The sooner this debacle of a year is over the better.

If a miracle happened , all we'd be is cannon fodder, and that prospect is even more upsetting than losing the last two games.

Our season was over the moment we got dusted by a bits and pieces Eels side, I hope we know on Saturday night and then we can enjoy Sunday's game just for being the last game of the year , and not some " having to win by 54 to make the 8 " crap.

So. I take it the club is not contesting Willie's charge?
Shame. It seems our caretakers have cut him lose when most of us on here believe he is worthy of another season.

The sooner this debacle of a year is over the better.

If a miracle happened , all we'd be is fodder, and that prospect is even more upsetting than losing the last two games.

Our season was over the moment we got dusted by a bits and pieces Eels side, I hope we know on Saturday night and then we can enjoy Sunday's game just for being the last game of the year , and not some " having to win by 54 to make the 8 " crap.

It would be great for 2v though, as he would want to maintain the Manly finals appearance record :angel:

We fell out in the 1st Semi a few times with Dez - Scumos 42 pt dusting a couple of times :eek:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7