GAME DAY - Manly v Eels [Round 24, 2015] Toovey Farewell Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
According to BOM 95% chance of rain at 4 pm Sunday - bring your raincoats

Manly must bury the whinging worms by plenty and get revenge for that horrible round 1 day and give Foran and whatmough a taste of what will happen when they return next season. The whining worms are our mortal enemy and beating them is still massive for fans of my generation.

According to BOM 95% chance of rain at 4 pm Sunday - bring your raincoats
That sucks considering Manly are dry trackers. Parra have some big barging types. It'll be a tough task in the rain but doable. Get out there Manly fans.

Hardman Steve Matai plays through the pain of broken bones
August 20, 2015 4:12pm
Jon GeddesManly Daily

SEA Eagles warhorse Steve Matai has admitted if Manly were not fighting for a spot in the finals he probably would not still be playing this season.

The robust centre, one of the toughest competitors in the NRL, is playing busted and will take the field in Sunday’s game against the Eels at Brookvale with a broken finger and nose.

Matai has been carrying the damaged finger for five weeks after dislocating and breaking it in Manly’s 38-6 win over the Titans.

v1

He has to wear one guard when he is on the field that stops him moving the finger and another that allows slight movement when he is not playing.

“It just needs rest. If I had six weeks off it would heal perfectly,” Matai said.

“Because I am playing with it, it is not getting the rest and recovery it needs.”

6efe038f0b8380985e644a81c634c9ca

Steve Matai scores a try against the Raiders last Sunday. Picture: Getty Images.
Matai also has the painful nose injury courtesy of a tackle by his mate, South Sydney forward Glenn Stewart, at Brookvale a fortnight ago.

“It’s still broken, thanks Glenn,” Matai said.

“There’s not much I can do about it really, there’s a few games to go ‘til the semis so I’ve got to get through that and fingers crossed we get there for the semis.”

While the NRL has been focused on the shoulder charge, the question is why no action was taken in last week’s 26-24 win over Canberra when Matai was hit across the nose.

“I don’t understand that, either. I got whacked there on the weekend and it was sort of just the same as the week before,” Matai said.

“I started to water up and it felt like I hurt it again. It’s just something I’ve got to deal with I guess.”

Asked if he would still be playing if Manly were out of contention for the top eight Matai replied: “Probably not. I’d probably take the six weeks off for the finger and the rest of the year off for the nose.”

Matai pulled off arguably the biggest tackle of the season with his hit on Souths’ Dave Tyrrell. He said the shoulder charge had never been part of his game and he had never used one.

When the shoulder charge was outlawed, Matai’s brother Taifau told him it was great for his game.

“I said, ‘What do you mean?’ And he said, ‘It takes all the pretenders out of the game and you will be at the top — the genuine hitters of the game will come to the fore’,” Matai said.

A 24pt win tomorrow will see us into the top 8. Also, if the Tigpies can get a win over the Sharks we control our own destiny into the finals. Lets hope for both combined with a Dogs collapse to see us into a top 6 finish haha!

I'm confident about winning next three games . Not sure by how much but I would be disappointed if we miss out on for and against , reason is if we get in there we are going to cause some degree of problems for whoever crosses our path and to miss out on for and against will be gut wrenching.

The weather forecast and pressure of expectations are a worry. It will take a switched on special performance to win by the type of margin we are looking for. Go Manly!

After seeing the Rorters average performance tonight I'm actually more worried about the eels more than the Rorters.

Rain, Jake T out, all results not going our way. I fear the worst for the Parra game.
We'll have a fresh front row for the Roosters game, Jake T and Mason both back.
Not too bad a result, but who steps in to fill the Jake T void?.
Lawrence is a good choice, will need speed tomorrow.
NYEagle

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8