Gallop Signed to 4 more Years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this and are still in shock and did not post it.

New definition of the word 'independent' IMO.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/david-gallop-signs-new-four-year-contract/story-e6freye0-1226250303981

But congrats to Choc and Elle on their engagement all the same :heart:

Why would they increase his salary? It is not as though there would have been any rival codes wanting to sign him up.

Another 4 years of mediocrity.

Yeh I read about it the other day Gallops new deal. Didn't post it here, thought we'd had enough bad news over the last few months.

How does this muppet still have a job, let alone get a contract extension AND a pay rise. 4 more years of insipid leadership and reactionary decision making. I'm dumbfounded by this. FMD have these IC guys not been paying attention over the last 2 or 3 years. Seriously, this has to be a gee up. Or it's a right royal "eff you" parting gift from News Ltd. We'll go but you have to employ this goose for another 4 years....that oughta slow your progress.

FFS! The worst administrator in the history of Rl in Aust. history will get long service leave. I'd rather see Bellamy in the job, or even Todd Carney would do a better job.

Oh well it will just mean our coming premierships will be even sweater because we
Will have the worst draw no favours heaps of Monday nite games no home semis, players banned then proved inocent later few 100k fines. Refs instructed to referee differently against us than anyone else and I'm sure there is other crap ive forgotten sorry it's off season.
I think I hate Galoot more than Sater and Bellamy combined.

The anti Gallop venom on this site is a joke. Get over it. I like Gallop and reckon he does a good job, maybe he could do it better, and yes he's made errors (hasn't everyone here made some mistakes?) but basically he does a good job in a tough faction filled political environment.

My interpretation of "Independent" must be miles away from John Grants....Gallop will continue dragging the game down for another cpla years and then take his 12 month full pay-out he negotiated...even he knows he won't make four years. :dodgy:

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Everyone makes mistakes Baz, but the thing people dislike about Gallop is that he won't admit to them.

Aside from that, he doesn't have an understanding of our game or culture and is more concerned about the interests of News than the interests of the NRL.

It isn't only Manly fans who cant stand him either.

I agree wholeheartedly Gallop is a tool, but the Seaeagles recent dominance over the past 5 years shows his power trips & poor judgement dont effect us- maybe gave the team more incentive. He probably doesnt like Manly like many ppl out there, but truth is he gets way too much airplay on here. Theres certain issues the Manly players have finally let go & its time for fans to do the same thing.

The whole point of the independent commission is to lay to rest the divisions and chaos that flowed from Super League, and return the game to 'self rule' after an extended period of ownership by a media company. Retaining Gallop is a short-term step in that process which News Ltd wouldn't budge on. But he won't see out his term, and the game can't move forward properly until he's gone. (And no, he is not good at the job.)

Fair point MadMarcus - Gallop does seem to have an issue with admitting it when he's wrong.
I still maintain he's a very good administrator, look at the record numbers watching the game on TV, plus game attendances are up. The on field product is amazing, the comp is close, all of which makes him very good at his job. Period. Time for fans here and Brett Stewart to bury the hatchet and move on.

Was anyone really expecting anything else? He was always going to be appointed.

As for the IC, hopefully this will dilute some of his influence. At the moment he really answers to nobody, hence his unilateral decision making. Who's there now to tell him he's ****ed up?

Provided he is accountable to the rest of the IC board then maybe its not the worst thing in the world.

I think it's just to get over a potential turbulent time in RL - expect him to hold it for 2 years and they'll shuffle him on.

In saying that expecting the ic to announce new teams, that expanded WCC comp over the next few years.
Also to start looking after the pacific in general they should take the good points from the RLF that has a good relationship with the RLEF

Most depressing news I've read this year. Four more years of ' the undertaker'. Surely he'd be better suited to the funeral industry.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4