funny how the 'million dollar man' tag has dissappered???.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's had a cracking season,surely he's allowed a downer like today.New combinations to deal with and a forward pack that thought it was a game of touch,JakeT excluded.Dont think there's a club in the comp that is successful with just one half
Agree that his season has been good, but how much of that is Green and Api taking the pressure off him ? Every club has a dominant playmaker that is expected to be "the man" no matter what the circumstance. Daly has shown more often than not that he struggles without help. I would be happy with a loss if we did the basics right and looked in some sort of control with the game. Today's effort with kicking game, attacking structure and back to basics stuff was below par.

Agree that his season has been good, but how much of that is Green and Api taking the pressure off him ? Every club has a dominant playmaker that is expected to be "the man" no matter what the circumstance. Daly has shown more often than not that he struggles without help. I would be happy with a loss if we did the basics right and looked in some sort of control with the game. Today's effort with kicking game, attacking structure and back to basics stuff was below par.
But those clubs with dominate halves all have a solid sidekick.DCE is forced to do a lot of defence due to Barrett not employing a body guard,if Green was forced to make a similar tackle count,most games would be a similar score line as today

DCE was far from the reason we lost today. The Dragons forwards ran rough shod in the middle because (a) Api was out and (b) the forwards lacked intensity and mental application.

There are times when you lose games because players are out, but it's usually a tight battle where points are hard to come by. If Api played today and DCE was out, we probably would have lost by 8-12 points because we could have held our own in defence, but struggled to score points.

Halves help you attack, but hookers stop 52 points from leaking.

I don't think anyone is blaming DCE for the loss, what I'm trying to point out is the way we lost wasn't up to scratch. He kicked poorly, didn't look like he had a plan in attack when things weren't going our way, and he took some bad options. I just think when he is under pressure he struggles a little. He's an awesome half when he can play a running game in a team going forward but when he has to be the sole architect of a grind it out type game sometimes he loses his way. Today was one of those days. I thought Hastings was reasonable enough at hooker, as was Lussick. Certainly neither were bad enough to be the blame for a 50 point scoreboard - but neither was DCE, however he was below average today.

I can never question his defence and commitment on that front, in fact I think they said he leads the league in one on one tackles. He's always been a solid defender and I don't think he needs a "minder", and after all these years he'd be hardly looking at that as an excuse.

Anyway it's not the end of the world, at full strength we are still a force to be reckoned with. Hopefully today might embarrass a few players and knock off any complacency that may have crept in over the last couple of months.

Another mediocre performance for sure. He wasn't alone there though.

I'm just pleased there is at least one Manly player that i won't ever have to watch playing for someone else.
DCE is only a Manly player.

Confident call.................with this club management and their ability to fall out with all our good players.................I wouldn't bet on it!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4